Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Will you be watching the Jan. 6th hearings?

Will you be watching the Jan. 6th hearings?

I will be watching and recording them. I think the hearings will show the world how corrupt and dangerous Trump and the GOP are. And the hearings will open the eyes of a lot of people and the result will be a majority of democrats in the House and Senate next election. I also think Trump will try to disrupt the hearings by summing another angry mob.  Cheers!

Posted - June 5, 2022

Responses

Unfortunately, I don't think anything that comes out in the January 6th hearing will sway the minds of the hardcore Trump supporter or even a majority of Republicans.  
      June 5, 2022 10:14 AM MDT

I figure it doesn't matter if it will sway the minds of the hard core Trump supporters because they are a minority that is continuously shrinking. For the last month or so I have seen signs of  Republicans moving away from Trump and signs of  Republicans preparing to jump ship. Paul Ryan  had something to say about Trump these last couple days. Cheers!
      June 5, 2022 1:22 PM MDT

Paul Ryan has always been a never Trumper.  He is one the main reason FOX News is crap now.  
      June 5, 2022 1:33 PM MDT

Republicans sway with the wind.  If it becomes expedient for the ones who are moving away from Trump to support him, they will.  
      June 5, 2022 3:50 PM MDT

RINOs do what the establishment tells them.
    MAGA Republicans do not sway...this is why both RINOs and Dems hate them.
      June 5, 2022 4:02 PM MDT

Yeah MAGA Republicans don't sway they flip flop and Trump was the biggest flip flopper of them all. Cheers!
      June 5, 2022 4:48 PM MDT

Trump kept his promises.  This is why he still has the support he does in USA. And why he will be President in 2024. 
      June 5, 2022 5:08 PM MDT

Oh I don't know about that. Here is a list of some of the broken promises by Trump. Cheers!

https://prospect.org/politics/trumps-40-biggest-broken-promises/
      June 5, 2022 5:46 PM MDT

Golfing.....who cares  not me. 

Moved the Embassy to Jerusalem. 
    Go us out of Paris Accords (as if giving money will stop climate change...Biden signed back up)
    Trump was building the wall. (Do not care who pays) 
    Border was secure. (Biden blow that one)
    We were energy independent.  (Biden stopped that as well)
    Taxes were cut.  For everyone.  
    We were fighting for real free trade.  (Tariffs for those who were not being fair)
    Got NATO countries to pay more of their agreed amounts to be a member.  
    Ended wars....and did not start more. (Biden has us headed for WW3)
    Ended ISIS. (But don't worry Biden armed the Taliban)
    Wages increasing on bottom of the market.  (Biden inflation has took care of that...I think I see a pattern)

June 6, 2022 6:30 AM MDT

So Mexico paid for the wall?
      June 5, 2022 11:29 PM MDT

No one cares who pays/paid

The wall was being built that was what mattered. 
    Just the money saved by securing the border pays for the wall in just one year.  We also redid the NAFTA....

June 6, 2022 5:59 AM MDT

Mitt Romney for example and he used to be The Republicans main man.

Mitt Romney Breaks with Republicans and Votes to Convict Trump & Remove Him from Office

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at June 6, 2022 6:22 AM MDT
      June 6, 2022 6:14 AM MDT

Romney was NEVER Reps main man.  He is and has always been a RINO establishment  swamp creature.   
      June 6, 2022 6:53 AM MDT

Given that they refused to have any real Republicans on the committee....nope.  I know a fake trial when I see it. 
      June 5, 2022 12:47 PM MDT

So, the only "real" Republicans are the ones that agree with you.  I get it.

June 5, 2022 12:50 PM MDT

They should have allowed the minority leader to pick which Reps would be on the committee.   Pelosi did not in fact she appointed everyone on the committee.  She appointed Liz Cheney of WY and Adam K?? from IL.  These are the only 2 supposed Republicans on it. 
    McCarthy appointed 5 others but Pelosi vetoed.  

June 5, 2022 1:30 PM MDT

McCarthy got vetoed - oh, my.  
      June 5, 2022 3:48 PM MDT

Republican party should pick which Republican members are on the committees. Just as Dems should pick which Dims are on the committees. 
      June 5, 2022 4:00 PM MDT

You mean like when Obama nominated Merrick Garland for the Supreme Court and the GOP refused to consider him even though there was still 8 months left on Obama's term?  You mean like that? This post was edited by Spunky at June 6, 2022 8:23 AM MDT
      June 5, 2022 4:36 PM MDT

We are talking about committee appointments  which each party gets to have members on.  

Not SCOTUS  nominations. Which are supposed to be approved or disapproved by the Senate.   Garland thankfully was not approved. Seeing how he has performed as AG that was a bullet America dodged. 
      June 5, 2022 5:06 PM MDT

Yes, and the two Trump appointees are so much better because they think like you do.  I see.
      June 5, 2022 8:03 PM MDT

Actually Trump had 3 appointees.    Vertical is still out on them.  
    There are 2 conservative Justices as of now. 

But again you are deflecting from the topic. The anti Trump  Jan 6 committee.  
      June 6, 2022 5:39 AM MDT

I'm not deflecting.  The point I was making was that each party has used some ploy to thwart the nominations of the other.  You just don't happen to like the choices Pelosi made to represent the GOP.

P.S.  The January 6th Committee will end a lot sooner than the terms of the two GOP Justices.  We're stuck with them for life. This post was edited by Spunky at June 6, 2022 11:39 AM MDT
      June 6, 2022 11:37 AM MDT

No you are deflecting.  Committees always have members from BOTH parties.  And they are appointed by each party's leadership.  Pelosi should not be making choices for the GOP. 

SCOTUS nominee are either approved or not by the Senate.  
      June 6, 2022 1:58 PM MDT