Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What's the worst thing you ever did to the home you grew up in?

What's the worst thing you ever did to the home you grew up in?

In the mid 70's, my parents is walked in to see me breaking off the legs of a living room sofa chair to make a flat floor chair in my hippy pad.

Posted - November 4, 2022

Responses

I never did anything bad to the home where I grew up.  It’s my house now.  I show it a lot of TLC.  That wasn’t the case with my half-brother.  He’s been out of the house for eleven years now, I haven’t seen or heard from him since (good), but my story about the worst thing ever done to the house by him is pretty gross.

If you have a weak stomach or haven’t eaten yet, stop reading here, lol.

My half-brother was a loser who always walked around the house in his high school football jersey (from his glory days) and boxer shorts.  One if his favorite things to do was to walk in front of the TV when other people were watching it, bend down, fart and then yell “Oh yeah!”.  

One night he did that while my brother and I were watching TV and our parents were away.  There was just one problem.  That time he had diarrhea and didn’t know it.  It went all over the carpet and the coffee table in the living room.

November 4, 2022 8:39 PM MDT

(to the home in which you grew up?)

(my parents is parents is walked in)

November 4, 2022 8:57 PM MDT

A “sofa chair”? Was it a sofa or was it a chair?

:|

November 4, 2022 9:01 PM MDT

When I was a kid I wanted to get the attention of the girl that lived in the house across from me. So I went down to the basement and shut the water off to the heating system. Then I ripped out some of the pipes and used a tape and die set to make a long pipe. That night I went back down to the basement and started pushing the pipes out our basement window and into her basement window. Then I started making ghosts sounds through the pipe. Turned out that it didn't get me anywhere with the girl but it cost my Grandmother a bit of money to get a plumber in to fix the heating system. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at December 13, 2022 5:59 PM MST
      November 4, 2022 9:31 PM MDT

Broke a window, I was running and  jumped up , my hand went straight through the window. 

I got mad and threw a glass at my brother,  it hit the glass table top...shattered.

We just had new carpet installed, the day before. I was walking to the table with my bowl of ravioli.  I tripped and the bowl went flying splattering all over the brand new light blue carpet. 

That is all I can think of right now. 
      November 6, 2022 4:36 AM MST

When my sister and I were around seven and 10, respectfully, we (my idea) lit sparklers in the living room.  We realized pretty quickly that this idea was not a good one.  We ran into the bathroom and ran water over the sparklers.  We went back into the living room to assess the damage, and we knew we were in real trouble.   We didn't have much money growing up and my hard-working mom had bought brand new coffee and end tables for the living room.  We found tiny black burn marks on two out of the three tables.  We agreed to say nothing hoping the grownups would not notice.  When mother came in from work it took her about five minutes to walk through the living room and notice.  We started crying and she explained that we could have burned the house down.  Surprisingly to us, we didn't get in a lot of trouble though.  She still was using those tables in 2018 when we moved her down here to be close to us.  She never stopped polishing and loving them.  At my age now, I think she cherished the memory. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at November 6, 2022 1:19 PM MST
      November 6, 2022 12:40 PM MST