Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you want to share a fun, little moment from your respective 'younger' life? Here's one of mine:

Do you want to share a fun, little moment from your respective 'younger' life? Here's one of mine:

In my junior high and high school years, I was told by pretty much everyone in my school that I was the fastest runner in the school. I really enjoyed running on the teams and getting to know teammates as friends.

One year in high school, the city newspaper took pictures of some of us on the team. 

Many people told me they thought it was funny that all the guys in the picture had that "Patented Sportsmen Frown," except me - - I had a broad, happy smile.
Heck, I loved being on the track teams. I wasn't going to frown for a picture.   :)

Posted - November 5, 2022

Responses

That’s a GREAT story!

I remember when I was about 8 or 9 years old, my siblings labeled me as “the peacemaker” among us because I usually didn’t side with one or the other in a conflict, instead, I would try to find a middle-ground solution.
    ~
      November 5, 2022 8:41 AM MDT

I'm glad you liked my story, thanks.

On to make peace . . .     :)
      November 5, 2022 5:41 PM MDT

When I was a teen I grew pot around the perimeter of the Green Giants corn field in Ontario. Sometimes after I was done tending my plants I would run down the street frantically waving my arms in the air and shouting - help help the Green Giant is after me. Cheers and happy weekend!
      November 5, 2022 9:02 AM MDT

:)  Very good! 

And thanks for answering.  Happy weekend to you, too.
      November 5, 2022 5:42 PM MDT

OH, I love your story.  Keep on smiling!!

I remember the first time I had to sing a solo in Church.  I was probably around 10.  When it was time, I walked to the microphone which was already the right height and listened as the intro was played and opened my mouth to sing and nothing came out.  I felt like I was going to faint (but at that age I didn't recognize it to be that).  The intro was played again and the same outcome.  The intro was played again and the music minister walked over and put his hand on my back and my voice turned on.   Very often after speaking in front of others I recall this childhood story.  The next time I was asked to sing a solo I did with success. All by myself. 
      November 6, 2022 12:26 PM MST

Very sweet.

I'll keep smiling and you keep singing.  :)

And I'm glad you loved my story.
      November 6, 2022 6:34 PM MST

Hah, can't think of much right now, but that one is really good :) 

I guess I've got a little story about my friend bailing me out when I skipped high school near the end of the day. He texted me "come back, quick!" followed by "never mind, all good." I asked him the next morning what had happened. Turns out our substitute teacher asked everybody in class to put their hand up. My buddy just moved to the back and put up both hands.
      November 6, 2022 1:18 PM MST

Ha!!
    :)
    I like that. 

I'm happy you found my story really good.  :)
      November 6, 2022 6:36 PM MST