Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Did Bryan who killed the four Idaho University students have incel rage?

Did Bryan who killed the four Idaho University students have incel rage?

Posted - December 31, 2022

Responses

It’s possible.  He may also have killed just because he was a budding serial killer, considering he was working on a doctorate in criminal justice.  That would tell me that he was fascinated by murder for a long time.  Then again, I probably watch too many cop shows, probably not unlike a lot of the people commenting online about the news story.
      December 31, 2022 7:57 AM MST

No. You're right Livvie. Nobody gets away with anything in this world. The world has correct a vision. If anything goes on something or somebody knows. Oh to say as well, it could even be as far-ranged as organic brain damage and he is bodily or mentally trapped with no way out. He was just kicking the can down the road a latent killer with a shrewd brain to take up criminology with an ulterior motives. Bundy class case.

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at January 2, 2023 9:07 AM MST
      December 31, 2022 8:24 AM MST

I can't even find consistent definitions of "incel" or "incel rage".
      December 31, 2022 9:51 AM MST

I don't know what it means either.  Some things just don't make me curious.  Of course, I am now. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at January 2, 2023 9:07 AM MST
      December 31, 2022 10:45 AM MST

December 31, 2022 12:31 PM MST

It would seem they are looking for what we all look for but can't find it.....love, caring, intimacy, companionship,  etc.
      January 1, 2023 1:42 PM MST

Involuntary celibate. I once thought (as many others seem to have done): if intercourse is that important to them (and hard to get), why not pay for the service? But I suppose it's really about their worldview -- and that's where the rage comes in.
      December 31, 2022 4:57 PM MST

Prostitution in the US is only legal in one state, Nevada.

Even then, it’s only legal in some parts of the state.

I don’t think sex work should be illegal.  It’s mostly illegal because the USA never fully recovered from the Second Great Awakening.  Before that, sex work was generally legal.

That still doesn’t deal with the incel problem.  Legal sex work would help some of them, but the grievance with most of them is that women offer it to other guys for free but keep it away from them.  That seems like an impossible issue to address.

There are also things unique to American culture that makes it create its own monsters.  We basically deal with it the same way we deal with our obesity epidemic and our homelessness problem, which is shaming them and lecturing them about personal responsibility.  It’s ineffective, and in the case of the incels, all it does is drive more hopelessly single men to those online safe spaces where they become radicalized.

This post was edited by Livvie at January 2, 2023 9:08 AM MST
      December 31, 2022 5:50 PM MST

Many people of Faith believe that sex outside of marriage is adultery.  Period.  No exceptions.  They would, of course, never condone adultery, including prostitution.  I'm not looking for a debate about the whys and wherefores.  But this mindset has had tremendous influence in the west.
      January 1, 2023 1:44 PM MST

Spot on.

I'm... not sure why you had to send me such a specific map, but... your other observations seem very accurate :p 

To be clear, I don't believe incels' problem is sex per se, nor that having it would solve much. As I think you were saying, even with legal sex work, they might feel like it's below them -- though they fail to solicit it otherwise. 

There's something about that contradiction I can recognize... like rejecting a more normal way of life, yet taking issue with what other people (ordinary people, so to speak) have and you don't.
      January 1, 2023 4:17 PM MST

I like graphics and illustrations with my posts.

January 2, 2023 12:22 AM MST

I like that too. Just afraid of getting into it myself - probably suspect I'd end most posts with something stupid and unrelated.

January 2, 2023 4:17 PM MST

Here for only a sec today on site --

from what I read in a couple of news sites (and I purposely read for details), the guy is, at this point, only a suspect.

I wasn't surprised there were also  tons of 'news' videos/articles/interviews with people --  '"I knew this guy, he's is weird. . . ."

"I'm a neighbor of his, he's weird. . . " ad nauseum

-- as if the man has already been proven to have killed.

I'm giving the guy a break until his trial, if he goes to trial.

EDIT: Hi Everyone! After what feels for me nonstop work for the last two months, it's always good to see muggers here -- in the thread here, and on the overall site itself. I've peeked in now and then without posting as much as I'd like.  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 9, 2023 4:26 PM MST
      January 2, 2023 9:07 AM MST

We know you're around, good to see you too :)
      January 2, 2023 3:53 PM MST

Thanks, Danilo_G! Good to see you again.  :)
      January 4, 2023 6:40 PM MST