Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Does Trump and his supportoers think that there are good and bad Chinese spy balloons?

Does Trump and his supportoers think that there are good and bad Chinese spy balloons?

When the Chinese spy balloon was first spotted in American air space Trump supporters were quick to point out that if Trump was still president he would of shot it down. And Trump was quick to post that Biden should shoot it down and if he was president that's what he would of done. Thing is there were 3 Chinese spy balloons in American air space during his term in office and he didn't order that they be shot down and his supporters didn't ask why he isn't shooting them down. So I think there is a double standard at play. Cheers!

Posted - February 6, 2023

Responses

Wrong again.
      February 6, 2023 9:05 AM MST

Am I?
      February 6, 2023 9:12 AM MST

Yes.
      February 6, 2023 10:42 AM MST

Be fair, now. Trump was not known to pay attention to his daily briefings. He couldn't shoot them down if he didn't know they were even there.
      February 6, 2023 9:35 AM MST

Yeah he probably had the circus music playing in his head during the briefings and I imagine it sounded a little  something like this - doo doo didaley  doo doo doo. Cheers!
      February 6, 2023 9:58 AM MST

It suits the CIA for us to believe that the balloons are Chinese spying, but this cannot be independently verified. Some doubts have been expressed as to whether they would be so brazen.
      February 6, 2023 9:51 AM MST

Yeah they could be weather balloons so I think Biden did good by not risk shooting it down well it was over land and possibly do damage to people and property. What I am wondering is - can't spy satellites collect more info then a balloon. If so is the whole balloon thing being blow out of proportion. Cheers! 
      February 6, 2023 10:47 AM MST

Satellites operate from farther away and move more quickly. Balloons can get different, more detailed data. Surveillance balloons have been around for decades, and the US has made use of them when (I hope)  it was appropriate. I think we need to wait and see what this balloon was doing. My bigger concern is why they waited days to tell the President and whether he's would have been told at all if the balloon had not been so visible. It also seems the previous administration was not told about the balloons at the time. Something is off here, and we may never know the story.

As for shooting it down, apparently it contained equipment that weighed as much as three busses and spread out over 7 square miles when it came down over water. So, yeah, Biden would get criticism no matter what.
      February 6, 2023 3:17 PM MST

Holy Mackerel  on the 3 busses part. I had no idea they could carry a payload that heavy. When I was thinking about the possible damage if it was shot down over land I was thinking it would be from missal pieces. I like to be prepared for disasters and emergencies but there is nothing in my kit that would help me if something travailing 2000 MPH and it weighed as much as a bus crashed into my house. Cheers! 
      February 6, 2023 4:16 PM MST

From a height of 60,000 feet!  If that hits you, it's going to leave a mark.
      February 6, 2023 4:20 PM MST

US does have a history of testing spy balloons. This article is from Aug 2019.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/02/pentagon-balloons-surveillance-midwest

February 6, 2023 11:00 AM MST

Isn't it strange that they were flying over states that had big military ammo?
      February 6, 2023 4:21 PM MST

That buffoon can't pull his head out of his butt long enough to look at stars never mind a weather balloon. 
      February 6, 2023 10:10 AM MST

I don't know about that. He pulled his head out of his butt long enough to look directly into a solar eclipse. Cheers! 
      February 6, 2023 10:30 AM MST

LOL ... I posted my comment before I saw you posted something very similar.  Great minds.
      February 6, 2023 12:59 PM MST

Perhaps not, but he didn't have any trouble looking up in the sky during the solar eclipse!
      February 6, 2023 12:59 PM MST

Yet NO one reported on them at the time.  No one can honestly believe that if the media or establishment politicians/officials had the chance to smear President Trump as being weak on China, they would not have jumped at the chance. 

So either the media are lying now or someone in the DoD lied to the President then by not informing him of a possible threat. 
      February 6, 2023 10:42 AM MST

I think there is a third possibility to that either - which is - the DOJ did inform Trump about the balloons but he ignored it then started talking about Hillary's e-mails or windmills. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at February 6, 2023 1:00 PM MST
      February 6, 2023 12:04 PM MST

Oh that nincompoop knew all about all those weather balloons after all he is clairvoyant don't you know..... He said so himself. 
      February 6, 2023 4:54 PM MST

Yep plus he probably knows were Jimmy Hoffa's body is buried ( but not because he is clairvoyant it is because he has ties to mob bosses). Cheers!

February 6, 2023 5:07 PM MST

Several high level officials have said they were not told of any China balloons. From cabinet members to DNI to Sec of State.. have all said they were never told of them.

If the ballons were there, then they need to show the proof. 

Biden should have shot it down before it got over US land, not after. 
      February 6, 2023 6:53 PM MST

From what I have heard, and I encourage you to do your own research, the previous balloons were not detected at the time. Only later did the intelligence community figure out they had been here and they were only here briefly. There is some speculation that this low flying, easily detectable balloon was a deliberate attempt by China to see how we would react.

Biden was not informed for 3 days after it was first spotted. That is a whole other issue, but he couldn't have shot it down before he knew about it. And my personal opinion is that shooting it down before it got to the US would have probably had some serious repercussions if it was coming from the direction of Russia. This post was edited by Jane S at February 7, 2023 10:08 AM MST
      February 6, 2023 8:58 PM MST

I have not found any evidence of balloons during Trump. (Radar or video...not just claim) 

If they truly waited until the balloon was in Montana to tell Biden rather than when is was over water by Alaska, whomever made that decision needs fired or worse. That also goes for the Trump administration (if the same happened)

This post was edited by my2cents at February 10, 2023 5:35 AM MST
      February 10, 2023 5:30 AM MST

If that were true why was it not brought up by anybody at that time? And now years later they know about it. Excuse me why I laugh my *** off. This post was edited by my2cents at February 10, 2023 5:36 AM MST
      February 6, 2023 5:20 PM MST