Discussion » Questions » Politics » Are you going to watch the state of the Union address tomorow?

Are you going to watch the state of the Union address tomorow?

I'm going to watch it. I find them very interesting. Cheers!

Posted - February 6, 2023

Responses

Nope. 
      February 6, 2023 6:35 PM MST

I doubt it.  I think the only State of the Union address I watched was one of Bill Clinton's and maybe, Barak Obama's.  The Democrats applaud at everything said and the Republicans sit there picking their noses.  I get enough information during the year via other media.
      February 7, 2023 6:42 AM MST

This will be the third one I will watch. I think Biden has a lot of accomplishments to talk about  and they will help him get re elected. I have a new chant ready for when he does and then I will plaster it all over the Internet to bug Trump. It is - Obama and Biden were 2 term presidents you were only one - Obama and Biden were 2 term presidents you were only one - Obama and Biden were 2 term presidents you were only one. I might even buy a bull horn and chant it in front of Mar - a Logo. Cheers! 
      February 7, 2023 9:04 AM MST

"The Democrats applaud at everything said and the Republicans sit there picking their noses."

I love that!  :)
      February 7, 2023 4:51 PM MST

Leave it to Marjorie Taylor Greene to show how poorly she was raised by shouting "Liar" during Biden's speech.  Somebody ought to put a sock in her mouth (and a bag over her head - preferably a plastic bag).
      February 8, 2023 6:16 AM MST

Well maybe it was some kind of weird outburst of affection. She stood by and admired a man that told over 30.000 lies while he was in office. So maybe when she thought Biden was a liar she thought huba huba that's my kind of man. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at February 9, 2023 12:04 PM MST
      February 8, 2023 9:51 AM MST

She continues to strike me very wrong.
      February 8, 2023 8:15 PM MST

She a uneducated shrew.
      February 9, 2023 8:20 AM MST

She was not the only one shouting and booing. 
    If Biden don't want to be called out as a liar maybe he should not tell a bold faced lie. No Republican is wanting to sunset SS/Medicare. Reform...yes. (gonna have to or it will be broke)
      February 10, 2023 5:20 AM MST

No...I can't stand the applause at every three paragraphs. Plus I have to get up very early tomorrow for work. (0430)
      February 7, 2023 10:11 AM MST

Are you kidding?? It's on opposite of the season premiere of The Real Housewives of New Jersey!
      February 7, 2023 11:08 AM MST

I'm not sure which one I watched.
      February 8, 2023 7:55 PM MST

I was thinking your reply must be a joke about MTG. So I might have to start watching The Real Housewifes so I can understand the joke and laugh along. I think she is an awful woman that deserves to be laughed at. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at February 10, 2023 6:16 PM MST
      February 8, 2023 8:25 PM MST

Here's a scene from Real Housewives 
      February 8, 2023 8:44 PM MST

So the joke was that the Real Housewifes  have a better fashion sense than MTG? Actually I get it now. Cheers!
      February 8, 2023 8:53 PM MST

Nope I'm also going to watch the housewives
      February 7, 2023 4:12 PM MST

I didn't see it.

And I certainly did not watch housewives of any state or world .  :)
      February 7, 2023 4:55 PM MST

Neither do I. It was a joke.
    I've never actually seen one of those programs.
    I'll bet that Echooos was also joking.
      February 7, 2023 6:53 PM MST

It's all good. :)
    I enjoyed your answer even thinking you had watched Housewives..
    Knowing you hadn't makes it even better, ha! :)

I don't watch any so-called reality shows.  :)
      February 8, 2023 8:14 PM MST

I do watch "reality" shows (history, science, social studies, etc.), I think that you're referring to "pseudo-reality" shows. I don't watch them either. I'm bored with them before the commercial for them is even over.
      February 9, 2023 11:59 AM MST

I am SO with you all the way.  :)

And I love actual documentaries/etc., for sure. :)

I doubt anyone is ever going to get me to believe that people are "real" if they know they are being recorded on a camera.
      February 10, 2023 6:15 PM MST

After I watched the State of the Union address I thought it was a bit different then the ones I had watched in the past. In the past both parties would stand and clap when the president entered the room. But as the presidents talked about their accomplishments and plans for the future that claping and standing was mostly on one side of the isle. This time they all stood and claped when Biden entered the room and there was a lot of standing and claping on both sides of the isle as Biden talked about his accomplishments and future plans. That really seemed to bug the speaker of the house because he could see how divided his house is. Anyway they say it is always best to finish with a song so here we go.

Three six nine, the goose drank wine the monkey chew tobacco on the streetcar line. The line broke the monkey got choked and they all went to heaven in a little rowboat.  Clap pat clap pat clap pat cap slap clap pat.

Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at February 9, 2023 12:07 PM MST
      February 9, 2023 8:56 AM MST