Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What's the highest floor you have ever lived on? How was the view?

What's the highest floor you have ever lived on? How was the view?

I spent a chunk of childhood living on the 12th floor of a building that had 13, near Antwerp yet far from the sea. There was nothing better than seeing a rainbow across the old factories and brick storehouses - if that is indeed what they were, for I never seemed to venture that way on street level. It was only ever a backdrop, with no people in sight.

Posted - March 21, 2023

Responses

Second floor. I like to be at a level I could jump off if there is a fire. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at April 1, 2023 7:28 PM MDT
      March 21, 2023 9:32 PM MDT

2nd floor.  The view was nothing special. 
      March 22, 2023 6:58 AM MDT

Sub-basement level. (Why do you ask; you’re not working with the cops again, are you? Grrrrrrr.)
    ~

March 22, 2023 7:00 AM MDT

Upper level of a split-level house. The view across the valley was pretty amazing from the living room windows (we had a steeply sloping backyard), and frightening in 1977 when we were being evacuated - I could see the flames of the approaching wildfire on the opposite ridge. Thankfully that's where the firefighters stopped it.
      March 22, 2023 7:03 AM MDT

Sixth floor - the top of the apartment building.  I don't recall the view being especially interesting since there were so many other buildings nearby.  I do recall being on the top floor of a building in Quito, Ecuador and the view was spectacular.  I could see all of Quito below and it was amazing.
      March 22, 2023 7:33 AM MDT

I live on the 7th floor. It's not a particularly picturesque location, but I enjoy seeing the city lights. The best part is being able to see the sky in three directions. I have seen some amazing sunrises and beautiful sunsets, as well as watching storms roll in. I also have a comfortable place to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July. My building also has a rooftop deck for even better views.
      March 22, 2023 11:27 AM MDT

(Cough, cough.)
    ~

March 23, 2023 2:02 AM MDT

Oh, good. You believed it.
      March 23, 2023 6:35 AM MDT

March 23, 2023 6:50 AM MDT

I’m still going to go with it though until or unless it absolutely proves to be a false lead. I think it’s valid and you’re just trying to use reverse psychology to get me to believe it’s not, sort of throwing me off the trail. I respect your feistiness, remember, it was your wit and intelligence that first sparked my interest in you long, long ago. You’ve still got it. Oh, excuse me, they had me on hold but they’re answering now. I have to go . . .

“Yes, hello, Minneapolis Department of building permits? This is Randy D Randall again, . . . . no, no no, that ban on me calling your offices was only in effect for two months this time. It expired about sixteen minutes ago, so I’m fine. Yes, I know you’ll speak with your director and have it reinstated by the legal beagles, but in the meantime, I’m to be extended the same rights and courtesies of all other callers. Listen, good news! This time I have new and exciting information straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. I’ll need a finite list of all residentially-coded buildings in the city’s boundaries that are exactly seven stories high, and have rooftop decks. What? Do I plan to jump off of one to my death? Of course not! You’re such a card, always joking with people! Lol! No, seriously, how long before I can expect to receive the list? Hello? Hello? Minneapolis Department of building permits? Why is there always such a bad connection on these lines? Hello? Is anyone there?!I can never complete a phone conversation with these folks because it cuts off every time. Grrrrrrr.”

~

March 23, 2023 7:53 AM MDT

I am never too far from the ground in my entire life. However, the highest floor I was at was the 2nd floor of any house and/or apartment.
      March 22, 2023 11:40 AM MDT

I think this was the 32nd or 33rd floor. This was midtown toronto 
      March 22, 2023 11:22 PM MDT

The highest floor where I've resided is a third floor apartment in Washington DC. That isn't so high but the building was on the top of a hill. The apartment overlooked the downside of the hill, so the view was trees and rooftops. Not bad.

About 10 years ago, I looked up the address on Google maps. I found the building but the windows were all boarded up. I periodically went back for a "visit" and the building was torn down, then Habitat for Humanity row houses were built there.
      March 23, 2023 8:58 AM MDT

Second.  My house back home was three floors on the back side but two on the front.
      March 23, 2023 5:52 PM MDT

The fourth floor of a dormitory. 
    View was nice of the campus section.
      March 27, 2023 7:14 PM MDT

Third. Not a good view - other apartment buildings. 

(If I'd lived on the roof, the view would have been fantastic!)
      March 29, 2023 8:24 PM MDT

(In New York City/State I have been into)-probably the most I get to about the highest there, by taking the elevator, but I don't know how many floors high I got to, but that was really high-the point of view looked as deep relaxing of wavy lake or perhaps ocean water with a large ship that was going by as after the large jaw bridge open for the ship to get through.
    Or maybe at Toronto-took elevator to the top in that also, but I don't know how many feet high that is-view may look exotic worldly!
      March 31, 2023 7:13 PM MDT

I like those comparisons to water in motion, Danny :) 

It doesn't matter exactly how high you went - I just believe it's nice when it makes someone think or feel something pleasant, as long as they are being safe.
      April 1, 2023 4:33 PM MDT

-Like the high slow scene rotating ocean overview as from the Toronto to see if that's the one would be really interesting to you Danilo!
      April 1, 2023 7:22 PM MDT

May give you a picture of the New York (Ocean) view that I been in?
      April 1, 2023 7:24 PM MDT

Sure, I'd like to see that.
      April 2, 2023 4:39 PM MDT

In my early 20s I lived in an apartment on the 9th floor. The view was just of it’s twin apt building across the parking lot and the pool the two buildings shared off the right of the parking lot. Not an awesome view. 

April 1, 2023 7:29 PM MDT

Okay, & did you probably like the view that I was in-better?
      April 1, 2023 7:33 PM MDT

Idk, what was your view? Hi Danny! I know I was in one of your threads last time I logged in but I’ll be fkd if I can find my way back there now. This site sucks for navi. I can’t even find the questions asked page right now. 
      April 1, 2023 7:41 PM MDT