Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Guess who might be 5 million dollars pooer again?

Guess who might be 5 million dollars pooer again?

You will probably never guess this one either so I will just tell you. It is Donald Trump again.

An attorney for E. Jean Carroll told the New York Times she may sue Trump again for defamation over his latest attacks on her during last nights CNN Town Hall. I hope she does and maybe Trump and people like him will learn you can't bad mouth people in public. Cheers! 

Posted - May 11, 2023

Responses

Best wishes to her. There's something particularly deplorable when people insult and attempt to defame their own victims. Criminal prosecution really should be an option. 

As for women who insult and victim-blame women who have been sexually assaulted... that's just incomprehensible to me. Almost as if they're tempting fate. Often life has a way of giving us hard lessons. Something more folks should keep in mind, I think. 

Cheers to the long overdue demise of the orange monster! 

May 12, 2023 4:19 AM MDT

I don't think his demise is anywhere near. When I saw him mocking and making fun of her on the CNN Town Hall and heard the audience of his supporters roar with laughter, my stomach turned.
      May 12, 2023 5:44 AM MDT

Funny - my stomach turns at just the sight of him.  He doesn't even have to open his mouth.
      May 12, 2023 6:22 AM MDT

Me, too.

(And I only mean this as an honest reaction to Donald Trump - - this is my own self-observation.) Few, if any people, affect me like he does. His entire manner of being puts me "on guard." He always has. The way he talks, his mannerisms, his physical movements while he talks, his facial expressions, all strike me as false and "Look at me Look at me, look at me." I let him repulse me.

Oh, I guess I have that syndrome. If I don't admire him I have the syndrome. (That comes from people I observe around me where I live.)

Be Well, good to see you.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 13, 2023 8:11 AM MDT
      May 12, 2023 12:09 PM MDT

I couldn't agree more.  My reaction to him is visceral.  I truly wish the media would stop giving him so much attention.  Maybe then he would go away.  Good to see you, too.  :)
      May 13, 2023 8:13 AM MDT

(Hey  Jane S - - my reply turned lengthier than I thought it might be -- and my use of capitalization is only meant to emphasize the word. Thanks.)

Mocking, making fun, supporters roaring with laughter. Pointing at reporters and calling them names.
    His  so-very-often rude public behavior is what will, thus far,  not let me vote for him.
    And whatever his so-called wonderful policies are will not let me just ignore, let pass, tolerate his rude public behavior.

Acting publicly like a president IS important.
    My mouth DROPPED in disbelief at his rudeness during that first debate with Hillary Clinton, walking behind her making faces while she spoke. And, in my  opinion, he has not ever consistently approached publicly behaving like the leader of a country. I'd've been fired Day One in any of my jobs if I behaved publicly like he has for year after year, let alone a job of President of the United States (a job I would never want, ha! Could you imagine me the  president?! Yikes, ha.).

My key word here is, indeed, "public." Private lives are private - - we all are human and behave questionably at times. But this recent case is major. And even if he were innocent, his public behavior regarding her is inexcusable and un-presidential (regardless, again, of his policies).

I'm no huge fan of President Biden, either. nor have I been a huge fan of every former president in the past - - but, from what I've read, studied and seen, I've never known of a president who publicly behaves in such ways as the former President Trump.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 12, 2023 7:07 PM MDT
      May 12, 2023 12:03 PM MDT

I agree. When we accept this behavior from our leaders we are setting the expectations for future generations. Caring about our fellow humans is basic to a functioning society and we are in danger of losing that.
      May 12, 2023 5:03 PM MDT

Yes.
      May 12, 2023 5:37 PM MDT

Hard to believe you can stand to watch him. I haven't been able to stomach the sight or sound of him for several years! 

Hilary was dead on with her description of his worshipers. Deplorable. 
      May 12, 2023 7:05 PM MDT

I admit I wish she had not made such a broad generalization, but, on the other hand, Mr. T very often derogatorily calls names about those with whom he disagrees.
      May 13, 2023 9:04 AM MDT

Well-said. 
      May 12, 2023 12:04 PM MDT

At least, the Dems will not have to write a special law to remove the statute or limitations for this case.  
      May 12, 2023 5:39 AM MDT

Since Trump has no problem with telling whoppers, it is puzzling that he never just said that he would never do such a thing.
      May 12, 2023 6:08 AM MDT

I've probably already said enough in the thread, ha.  :)
      May 12, 2023 12:10 PM MDT