Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Will Trump whine about his probation officer?

Will Trump whine about his probation officer?

Moments after his verdict, a court clerk gave Trump a Court Order for Investigation and Report. The form directs Trump to report immediately to the department of probation. Conducted by a city probation officer these brief interviews are then memorialized in a "pre-sentencing report that both sides and the judge see shortly before the sentencing. Pre-sentencing reports include input from prosecutors and make a recommendation to the judge for what punishment including jail, probation, fines, and community service would be appropriate. He'd also be asked if he has any health, substance abuse, or domestic violence issues and whether he owns a firearm. During the rest of the interview, Trump would be offered the chance to speak about his conviction and make a plea for leniency. It's perfectly fine to say the matter is on appeal, and I maintain my innocence. What's not fine is to say the judge is corrupt and the jury is corrupt or anything about the witnesses.If he does submit to a pre-sentencing interview in the next month or so Trump would not have an attorney with him as he sits face-to-face with a probation officer. Cheers!

Posted - June 4

Responses

Not having an attorney with him at the probation interview should cause him some concern.  I'm sure he will bad-mouth anyone and everyone in his orbit from the day he was born until that day.
      June 4, 2024 11:53 AM MDT

I’m sure him not being able to have an attorney with him will be one of the things he whines about. And he will say things like how unfairly he is being treated. But that’s how probation interviews go. I’m pretty sure sure he will bad mouth everybody - and the judge will take it into consideration when it comes to sentencing time. Cheers!

June 4, 2024 1:00 PM MDT

Can anyone say "contempt of court"? Anyone else would have been remanded IN CUSTODY until sentencing or 30 days, whichever came first.
      June 5, 2024 1:24 AM MDT

Personally, I would like to see him spend 4 years in prison, but I would be willing to bet that Judge Merchan will not do that or give him any jail time, even though I'm sure he would like to.  Judge Merchan would likely feel that a jail sentence would give him martyr status and an opportunity for Trump to bolster his rhetoric that the judge is biased.  Why give him any more ammunition for his appeal?
      June 5, 2024 8:03 AM MDT

A month or so ago I thought it was unlikely that Trump would see any jail time. But he has said a lot of things since then. And he will likely say a lot more things that could land him in jail. James Comey was one of the few people that said Trump very well might be charged with felony and now he is saying Trump very well might see jail time. So I am hoping he is right this time too. Cheers! 

This post was edited by Nanoose at June 5, 2024 10:59 AM MDT
      June 5, 2024 8:38 AM MDT

One prosecutor said that one of factors in sentencing is how comparable convictions are sentenced. He went on to say this would be difficult because most people with this type of case plead guilty. I wonder if he could have gotten this downgraded to a misdemeanor if he took a plea deal. 
      June 5, 2024 9:07 AM MDT

I cannot imagine a time when Trump would take a plea deal for any offense.  It would mean that he admits to wrongdoing and I can't see him admitting that.
      June 5, 2024 11:01 AM MDT

He doesn't listen to his attorneys anyway.
      June 5, 2024 9:09 AM MDT

One of Trump's former attorneys, Joe Tacopina, who represented Trump in the E. Jean Carroll case and in the beginning of the hush money case before abruptly withdrawing, said Trump is "seeking to use his conviction to raise campaign funds by casting himself as a martyr."  Tacopina had nothing nice to say about Trump or his attorneys regarding their claim that the hush money suit was politicized.

Trump is primarily seeking to use his conviction to raise campaign funds by casting himself as a martyr.
      June 5, 2024 2:00 PM MDT

The man whines 24/7.
      June 4, 2024 2:11 PM MDT

If he's in prison, no one will hear a thing out of him. If he does, his cell-mate will just beat the s**t out of him. In the perfect world this is exactly what would happen, but unfortunately he'll never set foot in a prison. The fix is in by design.
      June 4, 2024 2:24 PM MDT

Of course he will. He is the most unfairly treated felon in the whole country, maybe the world, in all of history. 
      June 4, 2024 6:45 PM MDT