Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » A lifeboat is adrift at sea carrying an Australian bloke, an American dude, a case of Vegemite and a case of peanut butter.

A lifeboat is adrift at sea carrying an Australian bloke, an American dude, a case of Vegemite and a case of peanut butter.

What might happen?
  Humor appreciated, but not mandatory. [Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT about Slart and Randy D. Grrrrrrr.]
  ~

Posted - July 3

Responses

Grrrrrrrrr.

July 4, 2024 3:04 PM MDT

I like it a lot.  
      July 4, 2024 4:37 PM MDT

The Australian eats all the Vegemite and the American eats all the peanut butter. They sit there, eyeing each other and wonder what the other tastes like.  Then a feisty woman from Minnesota appears clinging to a crate that is keeping her afloat. They help her on board and haul the crate in as well. They pry it open to find jars and jars of mayonnaise. In horror and confusion, they jump overboard to avoid the stuff. The woman happily starts rowing away, knowing that her ploy to capture the boat was successful. The end.
      July 4, 2024 6:40 PM MDT

The Australian remembers that he has a bulb of garlic hidden in his pocket. He quickly purees it and adds it to a few of the jars (aioli I quite like, mayo without it I can't stand).
      July 4, 2024 6:46 PM MDT

Wait, I didn’t know that you’ve been an anti-mayoite all this time! Perhaps I should cancel my membership with the Get-Slart-at-All-Costs Club. (I will not lie to you, my lifelong membership in the E.V.E.N.* organization stands.)

*Eradicate Vegemite Everywhere Now
    ~

July 4, 2024 10:19 PM MDT

They survive by co-operation and eking out the two foods, each man eating about the same amount of each product and sharing the occasional fish they catch....

Then they are rescued and once ashore, the stress-relief overwhelms them and each attacks the other over "cultural appropriation".
      July 5, 2024 3:12 PM MDT

A very modern story line or sure, lol.
      July 6, 2024 6:08 AM MDT