Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Is there a background story to the nickname Tampon Tim?

Is there a background story to the nickname Tampon Tim?

I have noticed that Trump supporters usually call Tim Walz “Tampon Tim” or “Timmy Tampon” and I wonder if there is a background story to it. Like maybe when he was serving his Country he was wounded and he had to use a tampon to stop the bleeding. Or maybe while he was teaching he had a program to raise money for female hygiene products for poverty stricken teens. Or maybe while he was Governor he visited a town that was hit by a tornado and threw tampons to the crowd. Or maybe the Trump supporters are just being ridiculous. Cheers!

Posted - August 8

Responses

He signed a bill mandating feminine hygiene products be available for girls in schools free of charges.  Naturally, anything making life easier for females is objected to by the Republicans.  Just another childish, immature, petty, nonsensical thing for the dolts to obsess over since they don't have any substantive platforms or policies.
      August 8, 2024 9:48 AM MDT

He signed a bill requiring school districts to develop a plan to provide free menstrual products to any student who needs them. Right-wingers are apparently unable to cope with this, claiming he is putting them in boys bathrooms to support transgender students. As Walz would say, 'mind your own damn business '. 

This post was edited by Jane S at August 9, 2024 7:54 AM MDT
      August 8, 2024 11:43 AM MDT

I just heard they call him Tampon Tim because he is going to help stop a red wave. Cheers!
      August 8, 2024 3:56 PM MDT

Dude was a teacher and most likely was an eyewitness to "period poverty", experienced by millions of girls who are unable to afford pads and tampons. About one in four menstruating students struggle to pay for period products.
    I fail to see how any rational human being can oppose this, but then again I recall when Trump as President opposed breastfeeding as well.
    Trump's base is thinning, as more and more of his supporters die of old age. If Kamala's support among young people of voting age actually gets them out to vote, it's going to be a landslide. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at August 10, 2024 12:37 AM MDT
      August 8, 2024 11:14 PM MDT