Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Whats something you wish Harris would of said to Trump during the debate?

Whats something you wish Harris would of said to Trump during the debate?

During the debate Trump was talking about how weak America's military is thanks to Biden. And he added Russia has these little things called nukes. I think Harris should of said – well we have these big things called thermonuclear weapons and maybe if you didn’t spend all your time telling Russia that America’s military is weak – Putin would be too scared to use his little things. Cheers!

Posted - September 12

Responses

You are entitled to your own opinion.  You are not entitled to your own set of facts.
      September 16, 2024 7:34 AM MDT

Where did I state anything as fact.  I stated my opinion about SALT deduction and you stated your opinion about so called welfare states.   And yes we are both entitled to our opinions. 
      September 16, 2024 7:41 AM MDT

My comment about welfare states is based on FACT - something that seems to elude you more each day.  Do a little research and you will find that more red states take more from the federal government than they contribute than blue states.  That's YOUR definition of welfare.  
      September 16, 2024 9:17 AM MDT

There is ONLY state in the last 4 years that has been on the negative end of fed taxes paid vs fed money recieved is ALL 4 years. Connecticut so I guess that makes the ALL the other 49 states welfare states. This post was edited by my2cents at September 16, 2024 10:30 AM MDT
      September 16, 2024 10:28 AM MDT

You fail, once again, to provide any link to your conclusions.  The link to my research show a different picture and I have included that link at the end.

Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, there were eight U.S. states considered donor states. The main reason that these states see a negative balance is that those states have some of the highest household incomes in the country, paying more federal taxes. This, however, does not guarantee that they would receive more federal funding for things such as Medicaid and education.

In 2019, New York was the largest donor state in the U.S., with a negative balance of payments at $22,798,000,000. For every dollar New York gave the federal government, its residents were only receiving $0.91 back. As we mentioned, this discrepancy is due to the sheer volume of high earners within the state. Additionally, due to the cost of living in New York City, most of its residents earn over 14% more than the average American.

Seven other states are donor states:

States Receiving The Most Funding

Virginia is at the opposite end of the spectrum, with the highest positive balance of payments. Virginia’s balance of payments is $111,785,000,000, and residents receive $2.24 for every dollar sent to the federal government. One of the reasons that Virginia receives so much is the proximity to the District of Columbia, where there is a lot of federal spending to support federal projects, politicians, and military efforts.

Kentucky follows with $63,229,000,000 and the highest expenditure per dollar of receipts at $2.89.

It is worth noting that just because these states are receiving funding does not mean that that money is being spent on residents. You can find out who is spending the most per dollar received by rearranging the data based on “Expenditures per Dollar of Receipts.”

The ten states with the largest positive balance of payments (the biggest takers) are:

• Virginia ($111,785,000,000)
    • Kentucky ($63,229,000,000)
    • Florida ($50,999,000,000)

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/donor-states
      September 16, 2024 12:29 PM MDT

I used the Rockafeller Institute.  
    And in the fiscal year 2020, Connecticut is the only state that did not recieve more money than they paid in.   (Not counting covid)  counting covid...they did not either.  So legitimately they are only state that can call ALL of the other states welfare states.

September 16, 2024 5:51 PM MDT

*had said*

This post was edited by Thriftymaid at September 16, 2024 2:28 PM MDT
      September 16, 2024 12:19 PM MDT