Discussion » Questions » Politics » The convicted felon is now calling for a national day of police brutality. What does it take for ppl to realize he is NOT FIT FOR OFFICE?

The convicted felon is now calling for a national day of police brutality. What does it take for ppl to realize he is NOT FIT FOR OFFICE?

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/29/trump-violent-day-policing-crime-00181619

Posted - Tue at 3:00 AM

Responses

He's calling for VIOLENT policing. Think George Floyd, Rodney King or Treyvon Martin. That is NOT part of a police officer's job. The convicted felon is deliberately using inflammatory language. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 2, 2024 2:44 AM MDT
      October 1, 2024 9:50 PM MDT

He called for police to do their jobs and arrest people when they break the law.  So people know if the break a law they are going to jail.  If that were the case, most people would stop doing crimes. But as long as they know they getting out with no bail, and not charged if the dollar amount is under $950.  They have no fear of jail time. 
      October 2, 2024 5:34 AM MDT

The phrase 'selling your soul to the devil' comes to mind. I would say more, but it might trigger someone.

I believe that the most important thing to consider in our leaders is character and putting the good of the county first. After that comes qualifications, experience, ability to see all sides, ability to listen to experts, diplomacy, humility, compassion and mental cognition, in no particular order. In an election where both sides meet most of the criteria, then it comes down to policy. No candidate will be perfect in all criteria, but a candidate who meets none of them, will never get my vote. Harris 2024.

October 1, 2024 6:46 AM MDT

Walz let MN burn and Harris bailed out the rioters. 

Vote for who you want....I know I am. 
      October 1, 2024 8:00 AM MDT

Edited to remove an unkind but true remark.  Your claims have no merit and if you looked into them, you might see they are misstatements, but I doubt you would do that.

I don't need your permission to vote for anybody. This post was edited by Jane S at October 1, 2024 12:34 PM MDT
      October 1, 2024 9:55 AM MDT

Walz took days to call up the NG and later insulted them calling them cooks.  After finally calling them up he had them SHOOT (with less than lethal ammo) people on their own porch instead handling rioters. Harris did raise money to bail the rioters out. Her post on X is still up.     Those are the facts.  

October 1, 2024 11:04 AM MDT

As I said, misstatements of facts that I am not going to bother to address. It's too nuanced for you.
      October 1, 2024 12:12 PM MDT

So this tweet is not raising bail money for rioters in MN?
      October 1, 2024 1:18 PM MDT

It is a single tweet, asking people to donate if they can to raise bail for protesters, not bail out rioters, looters or arsonists. Many peaceful BLM protesters were in pre-trial detention because they couldn't afford bail. Maybe you should spend some time researching the ACLU lawsuit regarding the treatment of peaceful protesters in Minnesota before you form opinions based on what you are told on social media.
      October 2, 2024 7:33 AM MDT

The fund says they do not care what the charge is they will pay the bail for anyone who does not have the money bail themselves out.  One man who they bailed out when on to murder another man. 

"I know there are protests still happening in major cities across the United States, I'm just not seeing the reporting on it that I had for the first few weeks," Colbert said. 

"That's right," Harris replied. "But they're not gonna stop. They're not gonna stop, and this is a movement, I'm telling you."

"They're not gonna stop, and everyone beware, because they're not gonna stop," she added. "They're not gonna stop before Election Day in November, and they're not gonna stop after Election Day."

"Everyone should take note of that, on both levels, that they're not going to let up — and they should not. And we should not," she concluded.

We all know, we all saw what was happening during the Floyd "protests."

October 2, 2024 9:47 AM MDT

No system is perfect. Supposedly, violent offenders should not get bail. By your reasoning, every non- violent offender who can't afford bail should rot there until trial. One miscalculation,  and everyone should suffer. Most people in jails here are there because they can't afford bail. It's a wealth-based system, that punishes people before they even go to trial. 

Not everyone who protested the murder of George Floyd and police brutality in general, was looting, rioting, or burning down buildings. You can understand that not everyone who stormed the Capitol on Jan 6 was violent, so you should apply the same reasoning to BLM protesters.  And if you don't believe people should be free pre-trial, then maybe our two-tier justice system should be changed to include everyone who gets charged with a crime, regardless of status.
      October 2, 2024 10:11 AM MDT

This group bails out offenders accused of violent crimes. 

Yes there is a difference between rioters and protesters.  And protesters aren't charged bail, or they get a very low amount for their bail.  And anyone accused of violence should get a high bail and rioters/arsonists/theives also should.   Anyone accused of a crime (not self defense) with a firearm should be denied bail altogether.  
      October 2, 2024 12:12 PM MDT

You think you know it all. But you don't. It really doesn't matter to me what you believe. 
      October 2, 2024 12:30 PM MDT

Maybe purge hour will happen when the cops come to arrest Trump for one of his many crimes – and they give him a curb stomping first. Cheers!

October 1, 2024 7:41 AM MDT

Not purge.....simply be allowed to enforce the.law and know the criminal will be charged and given a real sentence.  
      October 1, 2024 7:59 AM MDT

Does that man think that everything he sees/hears on TV or in movies is reality?  
      October 1, 2024 9:02 AM MDT

Did you hear him in the debate? He knew Haitians were eating dog, because the people on the TV said so.
      October 1, 2024 9:57 AM MDT

Vance is a Senator from Ohio, his constituents are calling him and telling him, people are eating cats, dogs and the geese/ducks from the parks.  
    There is video of a man at a city meeting in Springfield OH from Mar 2024.  Saying the same thing to the city council,  the Council member says Yes, we have heard those complaints.  There is video of a barbecue grill with what appears to be cats on it.  (From last year in a different city but still OH ...the people are from Africa not Haiti)  There was a woman arrested this year in OH for eating a cat.  Again not Springfield but still OH. I watched the body camera video of the arrest.     
    Here is a screenshot of the video from the City meeting. 

October 1, 2024 11:23 AM MDT

"On CNN, he [Vance] seemingly admitted that his claims were lies, then continued by saying that he would keep spreading such tales, even knowing them to be untrue, if they resulted in the media talking about issues he claimed were still just as real despite the deception."

"“If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that's what I'm going to do", said the senator."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/jd-vance-springfield-ohio-eating-pets-cnn-b2613205.html

Basically, he's saying that he will keep lying and making up stories without a shred of evidence to back them up.  I'm truly surprised that his pants don't spontaneously combust.

October 1, 2024 12:52 PM MDT

He was not creating the story.  The story is happening. He was creating the interest in the story so media would cover it.  
      October 1, 2024 1:21 PM MDT

He was creating interest in a story that had absolutely no legitimacy.  Even the woman who started the story admitted it wasn't true.  Apparently you think that anything that they say should be accepted as act, even if there aren't any facts to back it up.  What does that make you?
      October 1, 2024 1:47 PM MDT

"Erika Lee, a woman from Springfield, Ohio, who initially made a Facebook post alleging that local Haitian immigrants were "eating pets," leading to significant national attention on the small city,  has confessed she had no direct evidence supporting such a claim.

Lee said the incident has left her ridden with guilt and anxiety due to the controversy it generated."

https://www.newsweek.com/springfield-woman-erika-lee-haitians-eating-pets-rumor-speaks-out-1953851
      October 1, 2024 1:06 PM MDT

It is not just one person reporting this happening.   There are multiple people reporting it. 
    There was a black man again at the city council talking about then taking and killing the birds at the park.  
    There is police body cam video of a lady being arrested for eating a cat.  

This town of 60,000 people was a town of 40,000 people and the gov dropped 20,000 immigrants who do not even speak English....how do you think that will effect the town resources....without even talking about the missing or not pets?
      October 1, 2024 1:48 PM MDT

Since you'll believe anything just because it's on the Internet, I found these on the internet.  Of course, since these reports don't comport with what you want to believe, you won't believe them.  

"Springfield's police department issued a statement that said "there have been no credible reports or specific claims of pets being harmed, injured or abused by individuals within the immigrant community". Springfield mayor Rob Rue said that there was no evidence to support claims that geese or ducks from parks were being killed and eaten.
    "Police in Springfield, Ohio, told the Springfield News-Sun that migrants turning pets into pâté was “not something that’s on our radar right now.” A city spokesperson said, “There have been no credible reports or specific claims of pets being harmed, injured or abused by individuals within the immigrant community.” 
    Police in Springfield, Ohio, told the Springfield News-Sun that migrants turning pets into pâté was “not something that’s on our radar right now.” A city spokesperson said, “There have been no credible reports or specific claims of pets being harmed, injured or abused by individuals within the immigrant community.” 

"Starting in September 2024, baseless claims spread online that Haitian immigrants were stealing and eating pets in Springfield, Ohio. The claims began with a local Facebook group post claiming a local cat had been butchered, and spread quickly among far-right and neo-Nazi groups. The claims were then amplified by prominent figures in the American right, most notably Republican Senator and vice-presidential nominee, JD Vance of Ohio, followed by his running mate Donald Trump and allies such as Laura Loomer and Twitter owner Elon Musk.[1][2] Subsequently, the author of the original Facebook post and the neighbor who told her the story admitted it was based on a rumor from people with whom they had not spoken.[3][4]

Springfield and county law enforcement said that no credible reports or evidence support the claims, and the city's mayor and Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, who are both Republicans, have denounced them.[5] The claims were widely described as racist.[6][7][8] Fact-checking website Snopes called the claims unfounded, while others characterized them as a hoax or a lie."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield,_Ohio,_cat-eating_hoax#:~:text=Springfield%27s%20police%20department%20issued%20a%20statement%20that%20said,from%20parks%20were%20being%20killed%20and%20eaten.%20

By the way, exactly how do you know that none of the 15-20,000 Haitians speak English?  I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't be so bothered if these migrants were from a predominantly white, European country.

October 1, 2024 4:33 PM MDT

Immigrants eating cats and dogs is an urban legend that has been around for a long time. I remember back when it was circulating here about southeast Asians. People convince themselves that it's happening because they are scared of the changes when other cultures come into their area. The Springfield residents I saw interviewed on the news said they hadn't seen it, but they believed it. Except for one woman who said she didn't believe it because of who's saying it. People believe what they need to believe and won't be convinced otherwise. 
      October 1, 2024 6:41 PM MDT