Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Right wingers want immigrants to assimilate, but, I LOVE ethnic neighborhoods. Don't you?

Right wingers want immigrants to assimilate, but, I LOVE ethnic neighborhoods. Don't you?

Hello:

This is MY neighborhood.  Is it an AFFRONT to America??  Or IS it America?

excon

Posted - March 13, 2017

Responses

• Muslims?
    I agree, there should be no Sharia Law, in the US.
      March 13, 2017 3:47 PM MDT

Yes, Muslims, but also any other group that wants to come here and turn America into the dirthole they left.
      March 14, 2017 9:23 AM MDT

• I understand
      March 14, 2017 10:12 AM MDT

Superficial diversity is the spice of life. Different fashions, cuisines etc are all good. Though it is essential that society is united on its core values.

They must not try to subvert our laws. Muslims for example must acknowledge that the west is secular. Any attempt to call for Sharia is subversive. It should be tolerated when citizens do it. Muslim non citizens who call for sharia should be deported immediately. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 14, 2017 1:25 AM MDT
      March 13, 2017 12:14 PM MDT

• I agree, In terms of the secular thing, I'm sure that you'd agree with me when I say that this works the other way around too. . .you know the . . in god we trust . . .and the prayers at the inauguration. . .in terms of a . . you know. . .secular government. . .no?
      March 13, 2017 1:10 PM MDT

It important to distinguish between the state and the people. The state is secular. The people are predominately Judeo Christian and so is the culture. A president is a person not the state. A president can pray at an inauguration because that is just personal expression. A nation only ceases the be secular when the law ceases to be secular.

Islam can never be integrated into the west because Islamic law is an integral part of Islam. Islam is intrinsically theocratic and must be suppressed so we maintain dominance. We can't suppress the domestic population because that would undermine our values of equality under law, so we should prevent them coming to the west in the first place.

Our culture is superior. That's why we're prosperous and relatively free and that's why the countries immigrant come from are complete sh*t holes by comparison. Immigrants should be coming to the west because they recognize that western values are better and want to be part of that. Anything else is invasion not immigration. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 14, 2017 1:26 AM MDT
      March 13, 2017 1:29 PM MDT

• To profess secularity of government, and preamble the transfer of power of its most powerful office with a prayer is at best hypocritical and at worse, its a Reaffirmation of the influence religion has over the affairs of the country.
    But I do accept you drawing the line at secularism of the law. Not great, because I think that (the praying, and god thing) open the door to legislation pending right now, which wants to give store owners the right to discriminate according to religious beliefs for example. . ., but I can accept that. 
    If you take away the supremacist, I mean the superior culture and the dominance thing, I do agree with you.
    And believe me, that's not easy to say.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 13, 2017 2:52 PM MDT
      March 13, 2017 2:50 PM MDT

I wish some of the American Indians that were living in the 1800's were alive so that I could ask their opinion about the early white American immigrants that came to their lands during that time.

I'm sure they have some opinions about diversity and assimilation and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
      March 13, 2017 1:43 PM MDT

You betcha.  If any group of people are due reparations, they are.
      March 13, 2017 3:30 PM MDT

• I wonder what they would have said if told by the Indians that if they wanted to stay, they had to learn the language.
      March 13, 2017 3:40 PM MDT

That actually could have been what happened.
      March 13, 2017 5:51 PM MDT

• I highly doubt that, but you're right, withing the realm of possibilities, that could have been what happen. ) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 13, 2017 8:53 PM MDT
      March 13, 2017 8:52 PM MDT

I did intend that as a joke.
      March 14, 2017 11:21 AM MDT

• Oh I didn't know Tom. Sorry.
    Then yes! 
    That is funny. )
      March 14, 2017 11:40 AM MDT

No problem.
      March 14, 2017 11:41 AM MDT

• If all ethnic groups all lived together that would be just dividing into African Americans, Muslims, Jews. Latinos Whites etc. Then we just become totally separate and integration would be for nothing. Sure they can live in small groups but all should take part in the Country and not just be unto themselves.
      March 13, 2017 2:33 PM MDT

• That's what is called ghettoization.   It's what we have and what has kept us divided.

That doesn't mean that the culture can't be influenced positively by incorporating elements of a new influx.   However it's not at the discretion of the new culture on what is to be be adopted.
      March 14, 2017 12:02 PM MDT

i like that too, when i used to work in resorts i got to live and work with people from all over the world. i miss that
      March 14, 2017 3:53 PM MDT