Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Would you consider yourself a woman/man of loose morals?

Would you consider yourself a woman/man of loose morals?

Posted - May 6, 2017

Responses

• No, but others would.    My morals are actually pretty strong just not the traditional Judeo-Christian norm.
      May 6, 2017 6:11 PM MDT

What do you base your morals on? A person obviously has to live up to his own values to feel good about himself.

I see people using "Judaeo-Christian values" and I wonder why. Although as many of us who are Christians study the Old Testament, we don't try and live by it as it is near impossible.
     The difference in Jewish and Christian philosophy is as different as day and night, so when I see 'Judaeo-Christian' I am left wondering wtf.

My morals are not exactly the norm for most Christians. I have studied continuously and I believe the rules were created to help us and our neighbors live a better life, I don't think they were made so we can scream at others when they stumble. But what do I know, I'm just a simple man trying to get through life and help others along the way if I can.
      May 6, 2017 6:26 PM MDT

• Well much of modern western moral standards has been shaped by both that's why.  It's not even all religious creed that shaped them but the cultures the two religions spawned.
    I have very different outlooks about the morality of things like sex and drugs for example and different from the norm views on fair play.  some people might find my views on sex to be immoral for example.
      May 6, 2017 7:12 PM MDT

I don't even know anymore.
      May 6, 2017 6:11 PM MDT

I can certainly relate.

No, all my low morals are perfectly intact. 

It's good to set your standards low so you aren't disappointed.
      May 6, 2017 6:31 PM MDT

You most certainly have an excellent point. :)
      May 9, 2017 1:07 AM MDT

I like your way of thinking. 
      May 6, 2017 6:28 PM MDT

I've always been very disappointed with people who want to single out one thing in a persons life and harp on that. Like you said, you are a person and there are many aspects to your life. Sometimes people miss out on the opportunity to get to make some great friends because we look at one thing they do wrong. When my life becomes perfect, I'll judge others.
      May 6, 2017 6:30 PM MDT

No.  My morals are strong, if perhaps a bit off the beaten path.  
      May 6, 2017 7:00 PM MDT

Excuse me, sir, I resent the implication!  Quite the opposite; I happen to be a man quite well known for my Moose Laurels!

~

May 6, 2017 8:36 PM MDT

• "Sorry ... I'm already seeing someone."
      May 6, 2017 11:28 PM MDT

My morals are different to many others... but they make sense and aren't based on what others tell me i should or should not do.  :P
      May 7, 2017 1:23 AM MDT

I wouldn't. I can count all the women I've slept with in my entire life on the thumbs of one hand - I'm kinda proud of that. Never in serious trouble with the law and neither have either of my kids, so I think that demonstrates setting a pretty good example.
      May 7, 2017 3:08 AM MDT

I had a friend who claimed having sex with over 1000 women. I guess not many came back for seconds.
      May 7, 2017 4:36 AM MDT