Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » You're were walking in your old neighborhood reminiscing, and a security guard tell you to leave because you don't live there anymore.

You're were walking in your old neighborhood reminiscing, and a security guard tell you to leave because you don't live there anymore.

Would you leave or tell him to mind his own business because you're on a public street and not breaking any laws?

Posted - May 19, 2017

Responses

I'd tell him to fuck off. I'm more than likely passing through and in no way looking for trouble. However, I do love when others are looking for trouble.
      May 19, 2017 6:52 PM MDT

Sucker punch. 

What an uppercut that was! How about that for reminiscing? You see, there's a lot of people out there who do a lot of talking and they don't know what they're doing. Some people just need to be put in their place. Just like Anthony Joshua who showed the world what a young man can do to an old man. 
      May 19, 2017 6:58 PM MDT

I'd say ya but I got a permission note from my mommy then I would reach in my pocket and pull out my middle finger and show it to him. Cheers and happy weekend!
      May 19, 2017 7:01 PM MDT

Hello Ismael
    Funny you ask. I had a similar situation happen recently...
    Although I live only about 20 minutes from my childhood home, I don't get to the old neighborhood very often. A week back I found myself in the area and decided to drive through. When I do go into the town, I am surprised by the amount of old homes which have been razed to build new ones. I am always surprised to find out old house has not met the wrecking ball yet...
    So I am driving around looking at the new homes and pass the same police vehicle a few times as I zig zagged the streets, on the 3rd or 4th pass he pulled me over. He asked what I was doing, i explained that I had grown up there and was just checking it out he was fine with the explanation, wished me a good day and I was on my way....
    I didn't really mind the intrusion, it is a small town and he knew our old house....
      May 19, 2017 7:33 PM MDT

Fortunately we don't have that kind of police state generally here.. . however, I have a dislike of authority and if they try to pull arrogance and superiority on me I WOULD tell them articulately and reasonably that I have every right to be there and that I don't appreciate their harassment. I might even make a complaint. I do tend to say it like it is :P
      May 20, 2017 2:05 AM MDT

i would just tell him the truth that i was reminiscing
      May 20, 2017 5:52 PM MDT