Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » History » Has any other "leader" created so much chaos so quickly after taking over than the current US resident president? Why?

Has any other "leader" created so much chaos so quickly after taking over than the current US resident president? Why?

Who was the BEST leader who ever existed and the WORST?  Why do you think so? Excluding religious figures.

Posted - August 3, 2017

Responses

Some of the supposed "chaos" is actually just a lot of whining from sore losers. While it's true that Trump is a chaotic presence and extremely problematic, those who need to make mountains out of molehills can't seem to accept that half the stuff he does is the exact same activity that others have done when in office.

-
      August 3, 2017 8:19 AM MDT

Don't embarrass yourself.  PLEASE with this nonsense.  Some of it from SORE LOSERS?  REALLY RANDY?  IS THIS ALL YOU GOT? 

Oh brother.  There is no comparison with this turd sandwich to any president, not even George LOSER Bush caused this much disorder out of the gate. 

Tell me one thing he has done that compares to anyone who has spent 6 months in office.

You want to debate?  I'll debate you.  And you will LOSE this one.  TOTALLY. 

I think this is more about arguing with the questioner than really taking your head out of the sand and looking around.  HE IS LOATHED. HE IS A FOOL.  And anyone who sticks up for this garbage mouthed moron is in total denial.

Yahoo Answers:
    How many mistakes will Trump make in office?

Potentially a whole lot more than Hillary Clinton would have. Especially since Trump has been found to have been three times as big a liar as Hillary. Not to mention Trump says he's unpredictable, impulsive, and has a habit of thinking he knows everything and doesn't listen to his advisers. Then there's the fact that Trump has absolutely no political experience and no military (taking ROTC as a teenager doesn't make up for it) experience.

Then he has a bad habit of going back on his word. He said he'll "drain the swamp" since his voters are so tired of established politicians that they'd rather have people with no experience around. Problem is, he's bringing people like Rudy Giuliani who are established politicians....ooop!

Maybe we should ask by this time next year how that wall with Mexico is coming?

Donald Trump has great potential to be a far bigger disaster than Hillary Clinton would have been. I myself don't like Hillary Clinton that much, but I would have much rather have had safe than sorry, the Trump voters felt it would be better to have sorry than safe.... This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 4, 2017 10:07 AM MDT
      August 3, 2017 8:37 AM MDT

You're right: this IS more about the post itself and the one who posted it rather than anything else. 
    I am not sticking up for Trump, I am addressing Rosie's blind hatred and annoying presence. She gives off every signal of being a sore loser. 
    You have every right to opine that Clinton would have been better than Trump, just as I have a right to opine that she would have been just as bad, only on different extremes. Trump is horrible as US president, I agree with you there, no need for you and I to debate a point on which we see eye to eye. 
    --
      August 4, 2017 12:21 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Shar and Happy Friday! :)
      August 4, 2017 5:46 AM MDT

I mean REALLY, Rosie.  No one defends Trump on my watch. LOLOL 
      August 4, 2017 10:06 AM MDT

So, most of the world leaders are losers, whining about this incompetent buffoon!?
      August 3, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

Who said "most of"?  I did not. I quite clearly used the word "some".  You see, unlike those who lump all people of a group into a category, I recognize that an all-inclusive mentality is an unfair representation. 

If you take exception with my opinion, fine, but please at least be accurate about what I wrote. 
    --
      August 3, 2017 9:24 AM MDT

There are two noteworthy points about your reply.

The first is unimportant, yet it’s worth the mention that my post was a question, it was not a statement.

Much more significant however is that, you are either inadvertently attempting to change the meaning of your post, or via equivocation, you deliberately substituted the meaning of a given word in one context for another context that is inappropriate in order to make your argument.

Allow me to explain.

I know, you never said “most of” and I agree that you mentioned “some”.

However, your post is unmistakable and it clearly says QUOTE “Some of the supposed "chaos" is actually just a lot of whining from sore losers.” UNQUOTE

“Some” in your sentence clearly refers to chaos!

The rest of that sentence “…is actually just a lot of whining from sore losers.”

You are not limiting “the sore losers” in any way.

I think I am perfectly accurate about what you wrote, or do you disagree? This post was edited by Grasshopper at August 4, 2017 5:45 AM MDT
      August 3, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

Grasshopper, you are absolutely correct: my rebuttal addresses the wrong part of the original reply that I posted; I should have referred to the people, and not to the chaos. Had I been clearer, it would have been less confusing for readers. 

Without having stated it soecifically, my focus was on some of the voters who selected different candidates and were not happy with the election results, AND who gripe about it here on AM. They have every right to express their displeasure, just as I have my right to express how annoying they have become with the manner in which they do it. Truth be told, there are simply some people who whine about it in ways that indicate they are sore losers. That may not sound pretty, but I believe it is accurate. I acknowledge that it is my opinion, and that no one has to agree with it. 

I was not referring to any, most or all world leaders, to answer your specific query.  The world leaders did not vote for or against anyone in the election, nor do they weigh in here on AM, so I wasn't including them in my remarks. 

One of the difficulties with this entire Trump topic is that by not siding with his detractors, many people may assume that I am pro-Trump. It's as if the world must be divided into two distinct groups: anti-Trump or pro-Trump.  I have stated before that in the 2016 US presidential election, the American people were left with two extremely horrible choices, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.  It's a bit tedious wading through the daily bashings that flood this website, that's all I meant to address. Not the worldwide reaction from other leaders. 

--
      August 4, 2017 12:13 AM MDT

OK Randy, the subject clearly touches a raw nerve with you, so please give me some slack. I understand why you find it tedious to hear people complain about your president, especially if it is such a relentless attack. Still, “it’s a free country”, is it not?

Call it whining or griping and your annoyance is self-evident however, if we demand respect for our opinions, we really ought to return the compliment.

Let me ask you a question. Is the POTUS behaving like a competent leader? If your answer were to be ‘Yes, he is a competent leader’, then our discussion would be over.

As for foreign leaders’ opinions about the POTUS, I see, read, and I hear the news from around the world. Over the last six months, clear signs of contempt directed at Trump have emerged from many countries as well as from their leaders, even from those he hasn’t insulted … yet … , so I feel vindicated in asking my earlier question.

If only he would begin or perhaps if he would just show signs of trying to behave anything like a competent president, many people would presumably begin to shut up. Unfortunately, there seems to be a fat chance of the POTUS changing his outrageous ways in the near future, so why not just let those voters complain until they’re blue in the face, or until the POTUS is gone?

EDIT
    I only just read your response to Shar to the Rona.
    Now I am getting a fuller picture for your reaction.

PEACE. This post was edited by Grasshopper at August 4, 2017 9:58 AM MDT
      August 4, 2017 9:54 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Grasshopper and Happy Friday! :)
      August 4, 2017 5:46 AM MDT

I'm no expert of course, but to an outside observer it looks a right shambles.. almost every day comes some new and shocking faux pas, error of judgement or mistake... and all those hirings and firings..  Pretty spectacular and not in a good way.. like watching a train wreck. 
      August 3, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

It turns folks on! They thrive on trainwrecks Addb only they look at it as fighting for what they believe in..Donald John Trump! That is their goal their inspiration their dream their religion their Bible. Trump above all. With them it isn't "to thine own self be true" it is rather "to Trump be true". I cannot explain the why and never will be able to do so. I just point it out! Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 4, 2017 5:44 AM MDT

Lots of leaders have created chaos ... even Abraham Lincoln.
      August 3, 2017 1:57 PM MDT

You compare Donald John Trump to Abraham Lincoln then? Seriously? I see. You ar just another apologist for the great Donald John T. Condolences to thee. Thank you for your reply WO'R and Happy Friday.
      August 4, 2017 5:48 AM MDT

I see no problem comparing them.
    Objectively, "Honest" Abe was one of the worst US Presidents ever.

While I don't like Trump's Presidency so far ... at least he hasn't caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans.
    And while he rants against the media ... he hasn't jailed any journalists or editors for speaking against him.

August 4, 2017 8:41 AM MDT

I'd bet dollars to donuts he would if he could. He's that far off the rails. Probably envies Putin's ability to do it.
      August 4, 2017 10:04 AM MDT

I'd say the same for every politician, though.
    There are VERY FEW politicians who don't believe they know better than the rest of the citizens; and would think it was just wonderful if they didn't have to worry about reporters, getting arrested, or answering to their constituents.
      August 4, 2017 11:30 AM MDT

True, but Trump takes it to a whole nother level. That's why he'd most likely be diagnosed not just as a narcissist-common enough among politicians- but a malignant narcissist, because of the pathology involved in his behavior.  
      August 4, 2017 11:42 AM MDT

That's what I "diagnosed" him as prior to the election. 

But I've been saying for decades that America is heading this direction.
    Charismatic leader ... heavily divided electorate ... increasing ethnic tensions

It's all heading towards a collapse, if you ask me.

August 4, 2017 12:06 PM MDT

Very scary. I fear that Trumpism is gonna be a genie that won't go back into the bottle once its founder toodles off to some billionaire funny farm.  
      August 4, 2017 12:12 PM MDT

not that i know of
      August 3, 2017 2:11 PM MDT

You modified chaos with some, and yet chaos is defined as complete disorder and confusion.  And whining means to complain in a feeble or petulant way.  

So you are saying that Some of the complete disorder and confusion is just a lot of feeble or petulant complaining by losers?

If so, I disagree.  I think Trump is simply a pending disaster for this country.  And I take no pleasure in being right. This post was edited by tom jackson at August 4, 2017 10:03 AM MDT
      August 3, 2017 2:57 PM MDT

I gather this reply is directed at someone other than moi tom since I am innocent of your charges. Thank you for your participation and Happy Friday.
      August 4, 2017 6:14 AM MDT