Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Military » Do you think that a military state would be better governed than a democratic one?

Do you think that a military state would be better governed than a democratic one?

Posted - October 18, 2017

Responses

Absolutely not---the current preview is being provided by the Trump presidency.
      October 18, 2017 1:05 PM MDT

Only if I were the head General.
      October 18, 2017 3:18 PM MDT

maybe
      October 18, 2017 4:55 PM MDT

Under no circumstances. 
    There is no historical example that would demonstrate this. Military rule has almost without fail, been a path to tyranny. The same can be said of a theocracy. 

When leadership rests with a single intractable ideal or entity, the people have no recourse, no power, no ability to affect change. 

I’ll take a democracy EVERY time. 
      October 18, 2017 5:24 PM MDT

Mankind has pretty thoroughly demonstrated total ineptness at self government in numbers larger than a family.
      October 18, 2017 6:34 PM MDT

Yup, pretty much. Over 6,000 years of mans rule has proven that we are incapable of solving all of earth problems on our own. 

(Ecclesiastes 8:9) All of this I have seen, and I applied my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his harm.
    (Jeremiah 10:23) I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.

(Ezekiel 21:26, 27) This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘Remove the turban, and take off the crown. This will not remain the same. Raise up the low one, and bring low the high one. 27 A ruin, a ruin, a ruin I will make it. And it will not belong to anyone until the one who has the legal right comes, and I will give it to him.’
    (Isaiah 11:1-5) A twig will grow out of the stump of Jesʹse, And a sprout from his roots will bear fruit.  2 And the spirit of Jehovah will settle upon him, The spirit of wisdom and of understanding, The spirit of counsel and of mightiness, The spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Jehovah.  3 And he will find delight in the fear of Jehovah. He will not judge by what appears to his eyes, Nor reprove simply according to what his ears hear.  4 He will judge the lowly with fairness, And with uprightness he will give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth And put the wicked to death with the breath of his lips.  5 Righteousness will be the belt around his waist, And faithfulness the belt of his hips.
    (Luke 1:31-33) And look! you will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus. 32 This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, 33 and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.”
    (1 Corinthians 15:20-28) But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death. 21 For since death came through a man, resurrection of the dead also comes through a man. 22 For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each one in his own proper order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence. 24 Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.
      November 1, 2017 7:07 AM MDT