Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you come to the painful conclusion that someone else loves you more than you love them?

Have you come to the painful conclusion that someone else loves you more than you love them?

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

• Yes and it feels like crap if thought too much about.  Some people's love is toxic though and nothing anyone can do about that.
      December 2, 2017 11:31 AM MST

Not really, I don't think.

For me, I'm thinking of the reverse circumstances.
    A memorable pain for me was one person in particular, years ago, - - I remember when I realized his love (infatuation?) for me had changed but mine for him hadn't.

Regardless, I think your scenario and the "reverse circumstances" scenario are both potentially painful.
      December 2, 2017 1:50 PM MST

(Thanks for a Pick, Zack - Mr.GenXer!)

:)

December 3, 2017 5:37 AM MST

Has happened in my youth. Trick is to let them down lightly. 

Converse also happened. Lass was quite nice about it and introduced me to some of her friends. Fact was she had to admit she had a real boyfriend up her sleeve.  

December 2, 2017 2:39 PM MST

What do you mean by "love"? Very few people have any answer at all to that question. It might as well be a hole in the page.
      December 2, 2017 4:00 PM MST

In 5th grade in elementary school ----------- there was this girl who chased me around the school yard.
      December 2, 2017 4:46 PM MST

Not now but I've had that.  I don't think it's painful.  I honestly think in any relationship, there is always one person who loves the other one more.  It's rarely an even situation.   The trick is in how to handle it.   
      December 2, 2017 6:15 PM MST

That is natural.  In no relationship do we "love" "equally".  If he (she) doesn't like you then he doesn't like you and it hurts but mostly because what you hoped for  did not materialize.  Your life is not over so let him go or  rather let go of him and live your life. 
      December 2, 2017 7:31 PM MST