Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Did I tell you that in the last days ALL good will be attacked?

Did I tell you that in the last days ALL good will be attacked?

Good will be called evil and evil called good.

Posted - December 29, 2017

Responses

Right.
      December 29, 2017 11:13 PM MST

Yes, you have told me that.  and so have many other people. Strangely none have bothered to tell me just what and when the last days are or what they mean by the word good (usually when Christians use it they are referring to themselves). Only that do not help me since I am not a Christian and have met rather too many Christians that I would consider downright bad).
      December 29, 2017 11:24 PM MST

In the 19th century Americans started moving west and three institutions went with them. There was vaudeville, traveling entertainment. There was lyceum, traveling education and culture. And there was the itinerant preacher, offering a new style of preaching called "hell fire and brim stone". It was very entertaining, only loosely based on scripture, and pastors didn't even try to compete. Instead they switched to preaching public morality and philosophy. Eventually an entire generation grew up not knowing the first thing about the religion they claimed to believe. That is why most Christian churches don't teach doctrines, and most members don't know what they are supposed to believe.

2 Timothy 4:
    3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
      December 30, 2017 3:18 PM MST

Good will prevail over evil;))
      December 29, 2017 11:26 PM MST

The last days of the good stuff will happen when stuff ten times better is discovered. 
      December 30, 2017 2:34 AM MST

Wasn't the Earth supposed to die out in 2012?   
      December 30, 2017 7:38 AM MST

No according to the Bible.
      December 30, 2017 5:48 PM MST

And in 2013, and in 2014 (3-4 times), and in 2015, and in 2016, and in 2017 (coz Trump is the antichrist, u know).
    I have not heard a date and time for the 2018 end-of-the-world, but surely there will be one.
      January 1, 2018 6:17 PM MST

What changes then? This has been a fact of human nature for ages.

Not only have many atrocities, like the Inquistion or cases of “Ethnic Cleansing” —often committed in the name of some twisted faith— been called good works by those who inflict them, but woeful doomsayers have been claiming the last days or “end times” were at hand since time immemorial - all with the same 0% success rate. Hardly reliable reporting. 

Your statement is bunk. Just fearful (mostly religious) folktales to affect control of the ignorant masses. 

When the actual end finally comes, the calamity that destroys everything won’t have any connection to what puny superstitious humans believe about it. This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 2, 2018 6:14 AM MST
      December 30, 2017 7:52 AM MST

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”  ― Mahatma Gandhi
      December 30, 2017 10:28 AM MST

I don't remember if you did or not....but I do know this.
      December 30, 2017 5:56 PM MST

I don't remember you telling me that. There have been some doing that throughout human history but it does seem to be more prevalent these days.

(Isaiah 5:20, 21) Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good, Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness, Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! 21 Woe to those wise in their own eyes And discreet in their own sight!
    (2 Timothy 3:1-4) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,
    (2 Timothy 4:2-5) Preach the word; be at it urgently in favorable times and difficult times; reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all patience and art of teaching. 3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories. 5 You, though, keep your senses in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.
      December 31, 2017 8:58 AM MST

• Good will be called evil and evil called good is happening as we speak and has been happening for quite some time. We humans have an innate talent for messing up practically everything we get our minds, hearts, and hands on. Good is being attacked and will continue to be attacked with more and more intensity. However good will never be conquered by evil no matter how hard some may try to make it so.
      January 1, 2018 5:35 AM MST

no, this is the first ive heard of it
      January 1, 2018 4:30 PM MST

Q "Did I tell you that in the last days ALL good will be attacked? Good will be called evil and evil called good."

Many are blind followers of the media and it is among them that the media has always made sure that the Good will be called evil and evil called good. The people who have unfortunately allowed themselves to be so blindly led the most appear to be the US Americans.
      January 3, 2018 11:13 AM MST