Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » What's your pet peeve that other drivers do?

What's your pet peeve that other drivers do?

They want to be in front of you but they don't actually want to drive faster than you so they just creep by you in the left lane and then they slow back down once they pull in front of you.  Umm yeah, there should be a special place in hell for those people! lol

Posted - January 21, 2018

Responses

10. Speeding to get to a red light. 
    9. Paying attention to the cell phone instead of paying attention to driving.
    8. When stopped at an intersection in the far right lane, blocking the next car from making a right turn.
    8.  When stopped at an intersection to make a right turn, but waiting until the light turns green when traffic conditions and local laws allow for a right turn on a red light.
    7. Drivers missing a turn or an exit and braking suddenly in an attempt to illegally turn anyway.
    6. Failing to use the carpool lane when they have two or more people in the vehicle AND driving in heavy traffic for several miles. 
    5. Parking their cars crookedly and overlapping into a second space or taking up two spaces entirely. 
    4. Pickup trucks with their headlights positioned smack-dab in the faces of incoming drivers.
    3. Smog-belchers. 
    2. Drivers of passenger vehicles who suddenly cut off large semi-trucks just because they can manuever more and accelerate faster. 
    1. Tailgating. 

January 21, 2018 11:28 PM MST

• "Occupy the road."
      January 22, 2018 12:00 AM MST

HAHAHHAHA :)
      January 22, 2018 4:24 AM MST

Dang...you beat me to it. After all...It is my road.
      January 22, 2018 6:18 AM MST

• Tailgating.
      January 22, 2018 1:00 AM MST

Get into a road rage just because I am a terrible driver. 
      January 22, 2018 3:25 AM MST

Picking there nose like nobody can see them because they are inside a car.
      January 22, 2018 4:24 AM MST

That little stick beside the steering wheel?  It's there for a reason. I'm not a freaking mind reader, if you're turning or changing lanes, INDICATE YOU BLOODY GALAH! This post was edited by Slartibartfast at January 23, 2018 3:48 PM MST
      January 22, 2018 5:57 AM MST

Slow pokes who hog the left lane so I can't get around the slow poke in the right lane. If you're going to be pokey, stay in the right lane so everyone else can get around you.
      January 22, 2018 6:02 AM MST

I have numerous , but here is the worst...Parking in a handicap parking space when they are obviously not handicapped when they get out and walk toward the door.
      January 22, 2018 6:21 AM MST

Not all handicaps are readily apparent. My better half qualifies, her knees are bad. She can walk, but it hurts. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at January 22, 2018 8:42 AM MST
      January 22, 2018 6:29 AM MST

Me too, and it is obvious. I have a tag, but rarely use it unless the pain is severe. You would have to see them to understand.
      January 22, 2018 6:34 AM MST

• Just about everything other drivers do annoys me, but tailgating is up there (it won't make me go faster, in fact, it may make me slow down out of spite) and having to honk at someone to go at a green light because they're too busy with their phone is another major one. 
      January 22, 2018 10:20 AM MST

Every city has its own collection of oddities. I could write a book about Atlanta.

~ If you follow another car in town, allow plenty of room. Atlanta drivers step on the brake at odd moments. No intersection, no dog in the road, no nothing. They just step on the brake from time to time.
    ~ Vehicles on the freeway might drive at any speed from 45 mph to 90 mph. 
    ~ If traffic is heavy, it will speed up eventually. There is no blockage, they just step on the brake occasionally.
    ~ One cop can stop all traffic on a freeway, both ways, just by turning on his beanie lights. Even if he is parked on the grass.
    ~ If you are in the right lane of a freeway and a car is in the entrance ramp, that driver will adjust has speed to drive side by side, and wait for you to change lanes and make space for him. If you don't change lanes, he doesn't know what to do.
    ~ People in Atlanta don't stop for things n front of the car. They stop for things they see out the side window. If two cars get into a head-on situation, they don't know what to do because they can't figure out which one is in front of the other. And they don't stop for things in front of the car.
    ~ Atlanta is the only place in the world where a freeway has printed instructions. Where a ramp from one freeway merges with another, a sign says "GIVE A GAP, TAKE A GAP."
      January 22, 2018 10:48 AM MST