Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Are the Righteous without sin?

Are the Righteous without sin?

Posted - January 31, 2018

Responses

Sin, singular, is the absence of spirit. Adam had a spirit but it died and so he was unable to bequeath a spirit to his offspring. That is why everybody is born in sin, not because Mommy and Daddy did the big nasty. That is why a savior had to die in our place and make it possible to create a new spirit for us.

Sins, plural, are mistakes, such as throwing a dart and missing the bullseye. Christians are baptised into Christ's death, and dead bodies don't sin, so sins are not an issue for Christians. There is no more forgiveness. Either you believe in Jesus and are saved or you don't believe and are lost.
      January 31, 2018 9:06 PM MST

The normal wisdom is that if it ain't broke then it don't need fixing.

That fact that the theology you're describing is different to normal Christian theology implies that normal Christian theology needs fixing.

That's fine, but for those like me who are not familiar with the alternative theology that you're describing there's a lot which is a little puzzling. To begin with is the distinction you make between sin [singular] and sins [plural]. Normally a singular of something is just one of that thing and a plural of that thing is more than one of exactly the same thing. Secondly, what you're saying means that likes of Noah, Abraham and Moses who close to God were without spirit. Thirdly, where did Jesus get his spirit from, and why couldn't Adam or his son get their spirit from the same source? 
      February 3, 2018 8:09 AM MST

This is not "alternative theology", it is what the bible says. The reason for the confusion is that a lot of church-goers don't read the bible, and a lot of people make up their own scriptures.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So God is a spirit, therefore His image is another spirit. A&E had body, soul, and spirit. After they ate the forbidden fruit they were still walking around and talking, so the body and soul did not die. But God said "Thou shalt surely die," so it could only have been the spirit that died.

So A&E had no spirits to bequeath to their offspring, therefore nobody had spirit until a savior was sent. Prophets had the spirit of God UPON them, not WITHIN, and that was conditional upon their behavior.

It's hard to find a church that teaches any such thing, even though it is all printed right there in the bible. Yes, the prevailing (abnormal) theology known as "Christianity" is broken and needs fixing. Most people who call themselves Christians can not even describe what they believe or how they came to be Christians. Most have no idea what "converted" means. Broken, yes. Needs fixing, yes.
      February 3, 2018 5:08 PM MST

Nah, the sin-free are without sin.
    The righteous just tell others they should be without sin, forgetting themselves.
      January 31, 2018 10:06 PM MST

especially the self righteous?
      February 3, 2018 8:11 AM MST

• Of course not.
    Righteous does not mean perfect.
    It means doing one's best to act and speak with honesty, integrity, and compassionate ethics.
      January 31, 2018 10:49 PM MST

Close but where is our God in all that you have said?
      February 1, 2018 9:47 PM MST

No one is without sin.
      February 1, 2018 1:01 AM MST

Aye, agreed.
      February 1, 2018 9:47 PM MST

Righteous and hyppocrates are just about the same thing.
      February 1, 2018 1:17 AM MST

So you can't tell right from wrong. Is that what you are saying?
      February 1, 2018 5:49 AM MST

The righteous may not always be right like one might like to think they are. 
      February 1, 2018 6:44 AM MST

I think it is more about the loudly righteous people who all too often get 'outed' as heavy sinners.

self-righteous hypocrites This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at February 1, 2018 10:53 AM MST
      February 1, 2018 7:59 AM MST

Aye, indeed *sigh* :(
      February 1, 2018 9:48 PM MST

No. 
      February 1, 2018 6:15 AM MST

I know I am....:)
      February 3, 2018 8:28 AM MST

whoa! careful now with the use of the words "I am". When you ask Christians for evidence where Jesus claimed that he is God they point to where Jesus said "I am"

edit - typo changed "claimed to he" to "claimed that he"

This post was edited by CLURT at February 3, 2018 10:54 AM MST
      February 3, 2018 8:36 AM MST

OK...I'll just stick with Cute then...lol
      February 3, 2018 8:50 AM MST

hmm... you mean Cute Nice Jugs?
      February 3, 2018 9:17 AM MST

Just cute wil service I think...lol   
      February 3, 2018 9:35 AM MST

Q "Are the Righteous without sin?"

I expect it's fair, is it not, to say that all those who know not "right" from "wrong", like babies or those suffering from mental problems, are without sin. So if it's Righteous to be without sin, then they must be the perfectly Righteous, or perfectly innocent

This post was edited by CLURT at February 3, 2018 8:47 AM MST
      February 3, 2018 8:42 AM MST

no
      February 14, 2018 3:49 PM MST

The meaning of righteous is to be morally right or justifiable; virtuous, good, upright, upstanding, decent, ethical, principled, high minded. One need not be perfect to be of high moral strength. There are many examples of decent, law abiding humans throughout history that though imperfect and of a sinful nature led righteous lives. (Hebrews 12:1) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at March 2, 2018 6:22 AM MST
      February 27, 2018 11:54 PM MST