Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » What does Gravity consist of and why can't mankind duplicate it yet ?

What does Gravity consist of and why can't mankind duplicate it yet ?

Posted - March 29, 2018

Responses

Gravity is the flow direction of our universe. Flow direction is altered by blocking the expansion of space into sub atomic space which results in pressure on dense objects we perceive as gravity.  Dense matter attracts other matter because it contorts the fabric of the universe so that anything on that path becomes directed towards it. Gravity is not a force. It is a path along space time that if it can be twisted and contorted it can be manipulated. This post was edited by O-uknow at March 30, 2018 5:10 PM MDT
      March 29, 2018 9:23 PM MDT

Well, you have not explained anything. You propose a force that contorts the fabric of the universe, and a force that holds a body against this contorted fabric, and a force that restores the fabric of the universe after the dense matter passes. Three forces to explain away one force, and none of them have been observed.
      March 30, 2018 2:05 PM MDT

Are you dazzling us with brilliance or baffling us with BS? I really have no clue what you are talking about. I am a strict Newtoniest.
      March 30, 2018 2:10 PM MDT

Wait, let me see if I can pull  something down about that. 

~
      March 29, 2018 10:35 PM MDT

I was hoping for a more Up Lifting answer coming from you.    :) 
      March 30, 2018 4:59 PM MDT

• Because gravity isn’t REAL #flatearth 
      March 29, 2018 11:03 PM MDT

Gravity consiss of matter/energy. When you put stuff in a black hole it turns into pure gravitational force. The more you add the greater will become the  strength of the force. 

Man cannot duplicate gravity because energy/matter cannot be created or destroyed. 
      March 30, 2018 2:34 AM MDT

Gravity is everywhere, but isn't detectable until displaced by matter such as a planet. I suspect gravity may be connected with the generation of heat deep within a planet or even the stars. I don't think gravity likes to be compressed so much and turns into energy. 
      March 30, 2018 5:33 AM MDT

Incorrect in afraid.....I detect Gravity every time I fall over....and what made it worse is that I always blamed the drink....:( .
      March 30, 2018 5:04 PM MDT

Too top heavy, perhaps?
      March 30, 2018 5:12 PM MDT

I must admit ,Im amazed at you're ability for forward thinking......the pavement wouldn't be two impressed though....:) 
      March 30, 2018 5:29 PM MDT

Gravity is a force between masses. Our existence duplicates it.
      March 30, 2018 7:30 AM MDT

Steady on....I'm not that big actually....:(
      March 30, 2018 12:30 PM MDT

If you have a mass of 50 kilos then the force of gravity between you and the earth is 490 Newtons. 50 kilos means you are petite.
      March 30, 2018 1:37 PM MDT

How did you guess how heavy I am....:)D
      March 30, 2018 4:54 PM MDT

Heavy? I guessed you were petite...in most places.
      March 31, 2018 6:30 AM MDT

Force between masses. !! Your not trying that out on me....:(.    
      March 30, 2018 5:06 PM MDT

Do not trust anybody who speaks of energy. Energy is not a physical unit. It is a philosophical concept and an accounting technique used to analyze mechanical and chemical exchanges. In nuclear physics it is defined as a wavelength of light, in biology it is a synonym for metabolism, and in public utilities they say energy when they mean connectivity. Anybody who uses the word in any other context either does not know what he is talking about, or is peddling something you don't need.
      March 30, 2018 2:08 PM MDT

Type of energy Description
    Mechanical: the sum of macroscopic translational and rotational kinetic and potential energies
    Electric: potential energy due to or stored in electric fields
    Magnetic: potential energy due to or stored in magnetic fields
    Gravitational: potential energy due to or stored in gravitational fields
    Chemical: potential energy due to chemical bonds
    Ionization potential energy that binds an electron to its atom or molecule
    Nuclear: potential energy that binds nucleons to form the atomic nucleus (and nuclear reactions)
    Chromodynamic: potential energy that binds quarks to form hadrons
    Elastic: potential energy due to the deformation of a material (or its container) exhibiting a restorative force
    Mechanical: wave kinetic and potential energy in an elastic material due to a propagated deformational wave
    Sound: wave kinetic and potential energy in a fluid due to a sound propagated wave (a particular form of mechanical wave)
    Radiant: potential energy stored in the fields of propagated by electromagnetic radiation, including light

This post was edited by Element 99 at March 30, 2018 4:55 PM MDT
      March 30, 2018 2:19 PM MDT

I couldn't have put it better mysekf Element.....I mean it. !  I couldn't.     :(
      March 30, 2018 4:57 PM MDT

So what's your point? You have only given examples of scientific slang.

That last one is cute. A field is imaginary, like latitude and longitude. It does not store anything. Science is full of slang like that.
      March 31, 2018 1:55 AM MDT

Do not trust anyone who speaks of god. God is not a physical unit. It is a philosophical concept. God cannot be measured, seen or felt.
      March 31, 2018 6:28 AM MDT

Spirit is powered by wisdom and believing. You can disprove anything by just refusing to believe it.

Science is powered by evidence and logic. Oddly, people who espouse science also think they can disprove anything by just refusing to believe it. Go figure.
      March 31, 2018 10:15 PM MDT

To offer another go at actually answering the question...

The fundamental mechanism of gravity is still highly conjectural, in the arcane world of Quantum Physics.

It's simple enough to describe gravity as we experience it every day, a mechanical attraction between any two bodies due to and proportional to their masses, but the tricky bit is explaining what is responsible for it and how it does it. Prime suspect is one of the innermost particles of the atom, but I don't think they've identified fully which, nor how.

It's not a particularly strong force either - which may seem odd if one too many has put the floor in the wrong place for you all of a sudden - as it requires a mass on geological scales to make much difference to the Earth's mean gravitational force. (Gravimetry is used as a geological surveying tool, to map large-scale, buried rock formations by their density hence gravity differences.)

Whether it will ever prove possible to"duplicate" gravity is another matter. In a particle-physics lab perhaps, but the very nature of gravity means if you make a sphere of a dense metal alloy even heavier by either changing its composition to a denser mix or by making it larger, you automatically make its tiny little gravity field a gnat's-whisper stronger.     
      April 7, 2018 5:22 PM MDT