Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Will there be a FAKE Rapture before the real one or after?

Will there be a FAKE Rapture before the real one or after?

Posted - March 31, 2018

Responses

The teaching of a rapture is fake in itself. Is the following your understanding?

Definition: The belief that faithful Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, suddenly taken out of the world, to be united with the Lord “in the air.” The word “rapture” is understood by some persons, but not by all, to be the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The word “rapture” does not occur in the inspired Scriptures.
      March 31, 2018 10:01 AM MDT

no.   Untrue.

The teaching of anything valid depends on who is doing the teaching and who is listening and interpreting.
      April 1, 2018 2:33 PM MDT

Sorry, I thought that only certin 'Christians' believe in a rapture as an interpretation of certain verses so I was replying to O-uknow in that context.

What is your definition of 'rapture'?

(Proverbs 2:21, 22) For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it.
    (Psalm 37:9-11) For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth. 10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
      April 1, 2018 2:51 PM MDT

I, as texasescimo posted, don't believe in an unbiblical rapture.   What will come before Jesus returns?

The Bible says that just before Jesus returns a “man of lawlessness will appear visibly on Earth. “Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God” (2 Thessalonians 2:3, 4, NIV).
      March 31, 2018 10:52 AM MDT

A little more on the misunderstanding of 'rapture' here:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989259?q=rapture&p=par

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989259?q=rapture&p=par
      March 31, 2018 2:44 PM MDT

A good URL read/study. 
    I looked at this too: Revelation 21:1-2 says, “I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. . . . I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.” Because “new heaven” (singular) is used here, some think it’s God’s dwelling place that passes away and is renewed. But the present Heaven is described as unshakable in ways the physical universe isn’t (Hebrews 12:26-28). The “new heaven” in Revelation 21:1 apparently refers to exactly the same atmospheric and celestial heavens as “heavens” does in Genesis 1:1. It also corresponds to the “new heaven(s)” of Isaiah 65:17, Isaiah 66:22, and 2 Peter 3:13. In Revelation 21:2 we see God’s dwelling place isn’t replaced but relocated when the New Jerusalem is brought down to the New Earth.
      March 31, 2018 4:17 PM MDT

So are you saying that you think that the new heaven and new earth are just the earth?

Heaven
    Definition: The dwelling place of Jehovah God and of faithful spirit creatures; a realm invisible to human eyes. The Bible also uses the term “heaven(s)” in a variety of other senses; for example: to represent God himself, his organization of faithful spirit creatures, a position of divine favor, the physical universe apart from the earth, the expanse surrounding planet Earth, human governments under Satan’s domination, and the righteous new heavenly government in which Jesus Christ with his joint heirs are empowered by Jehovah to rule.
      April 1, 2018 7:17 AM MDT

The Bible, to my understanding, says a new heaven here on earth.

Isaiah 65:17 New International Version (NIV)
    New Heavens and a New Earth

“See, I will create
    new heavens and a new earth.
    The former things will not be remembered,
    nor will they come to mind.

This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at April 1, 2018 2:32 PM MDT
      April 1, 2018 2:27 PM MDT

An article from 2012:

“The Former Things Will Not Be Called to Mind”
    MEMORIES can be a blessing. Reflecting on pleasant times with loved ones can warm our heart. But in other cases, memories may seem more like a curse. Are you plagued by painful memories of hurtful past experiences? If so, you may wonder, ‘Will these sad memories ever fade from my mind?’ We find a most reassuring answer in words recorded by the prophet Isaiah.—Read Isaiah 65:17.
    Jehovah purposes to cut off painful memories at their source. How so? By removing this wicked world with all its suffering and replacing it with something infinitely better. Jehovah through Isaiah promises: “Here I am creating new heavens and a new earth.” Understanding this promise can fill our hearts with hope.
    What are the new heavens? The Bible gives two clues that can help us. First, the idea of a new heavens is mentioned by two other Bible writers, and in both cases the words are associated with sweeping changes on this earth. (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1-4) Second, in the Bible the term “heavens” can represent rulership, or government. (Isaiah 14:4, 12; Daniel 4:25, 26) The new heavens, then, is a new government, one capable of establishing righteous conditions on earth. There is but one rulership able to accomplish all of that—God’s Kingdom, the heavenly government that Jesus taught us to pray for. That Kingdom will cause God’s righteous will to be done earth wide.—Matthew 6:9, 10.
    What is the new earth? Consider two Scriptural facts that help us reach the right conclusion. First, in the Bible the term “earth” at times refers to people, not the globe. (Psalm 96:1) Second, the Bible foretold that under God’s rule, faithful humans would learn righteousness, which would spread earth wide. (Isaiah 26:9) The new earth thus refers to a society of people who would submit to God’s rulership and live by his righteous standards.
    Can you begin to see how Jehovah will cut off painful memories at their source? Soon Jehovah will completely fulfill his promise of a new heavens and a new earth, establishing a righteous new world. In that new world, the causes of hurtful memories—physical, mental, and emotional suffering—will be things of the past. Faithful humans will enjoy life to the full, and they will treasure the pleasant memories of each passing day.
    What, though, about the pain that may burden our hearts at present? Jehovah’s promise through Isaiah continues: “The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart.” Any pain we have experienced in this old world will gradually fade away. Does that prospect appeal to you? If so, why not find out how you can draw closer to the God who promises such a bright future?

Cited verses:
    (Isaiah 65:17) For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be called to mind, Nor will they come up into the heart.
    (2 Peter 3:13) But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.
    (Revelation 21:1-4) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
    (Isaiah 14:4) you will recite this proverb against the king of Babylon: “How the one forcing others to work has met his end! How the oppression has ended!
    (Isaiah 14:12) How you have fallen from heaven, O shining one, son of the dawn! How you have been cut down to the earth, You who vanquished nations!
    (Daniel 4:25, 26) You will be driven away from among men, and your dwelling will be with the beasts of the field, and you will be given vegetation to eat just like bulls; and you will become wet with the dew of the heavens, and seven times will pass over you, until you know that the Most High is Ruler in the kingdom of mankind and that he grants it to whomever he wants. 26 “‘But because they said to leave the stump of the tree with its roots, your kingdom will be yours again after you come to know that the heavens are ruling.
    (Matthew 6:9, 10) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.
    (Psalm 96:1) Sing to Jehovah a new song. Sing to Jehovah, all the earth!
    (Isaiah 26:9) In the night I long for you with my whole being, Yes, my spirit keeps looking for you; For when there are judgments from you for the earth, The inhabitants of the land learn about righteousness.
      April 1, 2018 2:48 PM MDT

Some song lyrics:  IF JESUS SAID IT I BELIEVE IT, HIS WORD CANNOT LIE.
    IF IT'S WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE, I'LL BELIEVE IT TILL I DIE.
    THOUGH THE MOUNTAINS BE REMOVED AND CAST INTO THE SEA.
    GOD'S WORD LIVE'S FOREVER, THROUGHOUT ETERNITY. This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at April 3, 2018 4:02 PM MDT
      April 1, 2018 3:02 PM MDT

No rapture sorry.
      March 31, 2018 11:00 AM MDT

Probably before -Satan has created a specially designed black hole to sweep the earth and scoop up all the poor souls who have the number of the breast tattooed on their hand or forehead. 
      March 31, 2018 12:30 PM MDT

What Rapture? For nigh unto 1800 years almost every Christian believed that Jesus would return to gather together His own unto himself at the end of what is called the Great Tribulation.  It's only in the last couple hundred years or so that people like C.I Schofield and others brought with them a false doctrine/belief that Jesus would return before the Tribulation and wisk away His Bride in some secret silent rapture. Gotta say, when Jesus does return for His own, you're gonna know it. :)
      March 31, 2018 12:51 PM MDT

• I don't believe anyone gets a free sky-ride out of the tribulation.  Christians will be martyred during.
      March 31, 2018 1:09 PM MDT

What would be the point ind doing a second rapture after it had happened.
      March 31, 2018 5:44 PM MDT

No matter what I say, it only matters what I can prove. 

April 1, 2018 2:32 PM MDT

Q "Will there be a FAKE Rapture before the real one or after?"
    =================================================================

Don't know if Jesus taught about the rapture. 

For those who believe in the rapture did the Rev Jim Jones lead his followers into a real or fake rapture?
      May 12, 2018 1:28 PM MDT

Yup -- just like all that fake news going around

;)
      May 12, 2018 1:38 PM MDT

nope, the fake one is all you get.
      May 12, 2018 3:36 PM MDT