Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are you impressed by people who sneak in to high-end events without paying?

Are you impressed by people who sneak in to high-end events without paying?

Posted - April 5, 2018

Responses

Not really.

(But as a young teenager I did sneak to The Pointer Sisters' dressing room after one of their concerts and they let me in and talked with me. Those ladies are hilarious! We were all sitting around those mirrors with the lights on them --  just like one would imagine it would all look like. And I did pay to get in to the concert.)

:)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 10, 2018 7:44 PM MDT
      April 5, 2018 6:30 PM MDT

I'm jealous - I loved the Pointer Sisters. Also glad to hear that they were hilarious - shows they might be stars but still love a good laugh like us commoners. Cheers!
      April 5, 2018 6:54 PM MDT

Oh, Nanoose, I can't tell how much I wish you were there, too! I'm not fibbing -- they seemed like friends from the get go. And all four of them (there were all four of them together when I saw them) were four of the funniest and nicest people! Down-to-earth and they were kind enough to ask me questions about how my school classes were going - - they were ecstatic when I told them I got an "A+" on my Music Appreciation class report that I had written about them! Ha! I had been a huge fan of theirs since I was in about fifth grade.
    Yet, what impressed me was, here I was -- a fan of theirs --  and they were asking me how my life was going!
    I came out of that dressing room and have continued to be a huge fan of theirs.
    I guess that experience might be one of the best of my life. Eye-opening of what celebrities could be like.
      April 5, 2018 7:11 PM MDT

Who showed you  how to get there ....could you indicate please ?...:)
      April 6, 2018 1:28 AM MDT

They were giving autographs and meeting other people, I must admit, also in their dressing room (I assume because I never saw where they were actually meeting everyone because I was the very last in line to meet them, in another part of the hallways -- there was a line of people. Then a security guard came to me and said, "No more. We're done."
    I said to the two people in front of me - -  there were just three of us at the end of the line - - "If you go with me, I'll try to find where they are." We waited until the security guard was out of sight.
    We walked a bit and there was a door with "Pointer Sisters" on it. We knocked and they let us in.
    The story is not so exciting with all the added details I just realized. Ha!

April 6, 2018 6:15 AM MDT

Nope.  I came to learn later in life that there are people who feel that stealing is only wrong when the victim is an individual............stealing from groups, restaurants, corporations, companies, etc. is sin-free.  That is a very material and basic difference compared to my view on the subject. 
      April 5, 2018 10:42 PM MDT

Why would I care?

High end events are not impressive to begin with and stealing is even less.
      April 5, 2018 11:24 PM MDT

The Masters Golf tournament once had a 'hole' in their fence out back somewhere. People would sneak in. hehehe.
      April 6, 2018 5:56 AM MDT

No there will always be people who think the world is somehow better on the other side of the fence. 
      April 6, 2018 7:02 AM MDT

Nope. I'm not impressed with anyone that breaks the law.
      April 10, 2018 7:00 PM MDT