Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever been the subject of serious competition between two lovers?

Have you ever been the subject of serious competition between two lovers?

How does that competition manifest itself? 
Do you secretly enjoy seeing them vie for your affections against each other? 
Do you find yourself increasingly leaning towards one or the other? 

Posted - April 12, 2018

Responses

• "No" ... my pricing schedule is not flexible, regardless of qualifications. :)
      April 12, 2018 7:02 PM MDT

Two girls tried to pick me up at the mall. I was walking across the parking lot and one said to the other "Get him!"
      April 12, 2018 7:42 PM MDT

Were they Taxi drivers by any chance....It's a fare way to increase their earnings though isn't it. :) D 
      April 13, 2018 7:24 AM MDT

Nah, I was never the loverboy type.
      April 12, 2018 7:56 PM MDT

There was nothing enjoyable about it.  I loved them both and had to let one of them down.  The flattery was nothing compared to the heartbreak. 
      April 12, 2018 8:45 PM MDT

Of course I have! It's hard for me to please my adoring public all at the same time. 

~
      April 12, 2018 10:39 PM MDT

• But you don't have to please all your adoring public. 
    You just need to please one. 

me! 
      April 12, 2018 11:23 PM MDT

I get the message!

~
      April 13, 2018 5:35 AM MDT

• Sure took along time, didn't it?
      April 13, 2018 7:18 AM MDT

(Wink, smile.)

April 13, 2018 7:50 AM MDT

Doe the schizophrenic classmate i had in college count here ?
      April 13, 2018 12:58 PM MDT

I have been. It manifested at the K-mart store were we worked. Not only did I secretly enjoy seeing them vie for my affection I tried to get them to put on lingerie and have a pillow fight over me in the house ware department but they were afraid that they would get fired. Eventually I did start leaning to one more then the other and wound up marring her. Cheers and happy weekend!
      April 13, 2018 1:17 PM MDT

I was always very discrete and while I didn't ever pretend there weren't others/another - I tended not to publicise the fact :P The closest I got to that situation was when my bf, (we were in an open relationship in that he said at the beginning, "I like to see other people as well" and I replied, "fine, then I will too.." found out, when we agreed to be honest from that point forward about everything, that I was seeing someone in particular that he didn't like... for him it was a religious matter in that he didn't like this other person's religion... but it was also true that he had, up to that point believed that open relationship meant that he could see others but that I would not.. so he wasn't best pleased to find out that when I said I would too, that I meant it!  SO he had problems with that fact, that he wanted his fun but expected me not to... that was hard for him to deal with.

He didn't vie for my attention... and he did eventually go off with someone who he *thought* would play the game according to his rules... well actually I terminated our relationship because he broke the rules as he saw her without telling me.. (it was more complicated than that but that's the gist of it) He was quite wrong about a lot of things but I suspect not that point... 
      April 13, 2018 1:20 PM MDT

Nope, I am a one man woman.
      April 13, 2018 1:25 PM MDT