Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » When you call your brother up do you have to deal with crazy one sided Conservative politics?

When you call your brother up do you have to deal with crazy one sided Conservative politics?

Posted - April 16, 2018

Responses

No with my younger brother (oh younger of the two but older than me) it is liberal politics. I'm the one-sided conservative but I don't put it on him. 
      April 16, 2018 7:23 AM MDT

I've seen crazies on both sides but the present POTUS 'takes the cake', the most foolish of their kind.   He's a ball of confusion and his band (GOP) plays on.  Some song lyrics here -Temptations... This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at April 16, 2018 7:00 PM MDT
      April 16, 2018 8:10 AM MDT

You met my brother? He is somewhere to the right of Darth Vader. I finally had to tell him to not discuss politics with me. I have an uncle who is worse. I think he is a buddy of Rush Limbaugh.
      April 16, 2018 9:00 AM MDT

My brother holds conservative views, but he cannot stand and did not vote for Trump, and he is quite rational and anything but crazy.
      April 16, 2018 9:16 AM MDT

Any enemy of Trump's is a friend of mine :P
      April 16, 2018 3:30 PM MDT

No, my brother's dead but just like most people I know he wasn't really conservative or liberal and I don't talk to my half-brother but he's a political chameleon.  His politics change to fit with whichever friend owns the couch he needs to sleep on so I don't think he really stands for anything at all.

The only two people in my family who are that one-sided are my Uncle Bob and my cousin Jenny.  Uncle Bob agrees with conservatives 100% and Jenny agrees with liberals 100% and neither one has a single independent thought.

April 16, 2018 10:12 AM MDT

No brothers, but 2 sisters. Both nice, but it can be a bit testing when the younger sprout some Christian dogma (Eastern Ortodox), or the older start talking about how radiation from crystals would improve my health.

I suppose they both find it trying when I say "Dont give me that crap" (so I rarely do).
      April 16, 2018 11:43 AM MDT

Everybody thinks everybody else is crazy, and IMO they are all correct. I have given up trying to keep track of what to call each side in this fight.
      April 16, 2018 11:58 AM MDT

Nope. We're both conservative so it's not a problem. :)
      April 16, 2018 1:08 PM MDT

I don't have a brother, always wanted one. It's vaguely conceivable that if I had one he could be conservative, but that's UK conservative not US and that's a very, very different breed.
      April 16, 2018 3:32 PM MDT

No. He's several kinds of crazy, but has no interest in politics.
      April 16, 2018 6:32 PM MDT

No.  Neither do you.
      April 16, 2018 6:59 PM MDT

But you asked about my brother. He is not political, but he firmly believes that everything he has already tried should be outlawed for everybody else. For instance he got drunk in high school and banged his head on a bathtub. He was combing his hair and he never did figure out how he got upside down in the bathtub. So he wants to outlaw advertising for wine and booze.

He has always hated cigarette smoke. He never mentioned cigars or snuff, only cigarette smoke. He was offended by the smell of my breath on the pillow case last time I visited, so he decided if I wanted to visit again I couldn't smoke anywhere in HIS city.

This is in California, of course. There is no other state where people want to regulate each other so much. So many Californians are trying to escape that they have to go to another state to rent a trailer.
      April 17, 2018 7:41 AM MDT

We don't discuss polititics since we all agree what an exercise in futility that would be. We are all of the same mind, and neutral regarding political matters. (John 15:19) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at April 24, 2018 6:04 AM MDT
      April 19, 2018 12:41 PM MDT