Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If 'casting one's seed upon the ground' is sin will God not allow contraception when Earth becomes free of sin, suffering and death?

If 'casting one's seed upon the ground' is sin will God not allow contraception when Earth becomes free of sin, suffering and death?

Posted - May 13, 2018

Responses

'Casting one's seed upon the ground' is not a sin.
      May 13, 2018 2:14 AM MDT

So contraception is OK presumably? Catholic Church sure has hang-ups about that.
      May 13, 2018 3:27 AM MDT

https://www.catholic.com/tract/birth-control

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/christian_views_on-birth_control

My link got busted and can't correct  :(

This post was edited by Kittigate at May 13, 2018 10:12 AM MDT
      May 13, 2018 10:08 AM MDT

Wikipedia does not have a page by that title, and the Roman Catholic church is a mess.
      May 13, 2018 11:47 AM MDT

My link got split u I don't know why that gap happened. 
      May 13, 2018 1:20 PM MDT

Ok, wikipedia does have a page by that name, but the page is a mess. For starters, wikipedia sloppily refers to four different branches of Christianity when by definition there is only one. The named denominations are not Christian at all. They are firmly rooted in their own human judgments.
      May 14, 2018 11:07 AM MDT

Over the years, I guess I've cast a lot of seed upon the ground. 
      May 13, 2018 4:57 AM MDT

The first part of your question is a fallacy, the last part is a fantasy. 
      May 13, 2018 6:22 AM MDT

Its not a sin and God does allow contraception even in this imperfect world.
      May 13, 2018 7:17 AM MDT

Bible does not say casting ones seed upon the ground is a sin. The message was about a man whose brother died so he was supposed to produce an offspring for the p
    brother....which would be a separate heir to the family inheritance.  He did not want to share the inheritance so rather than produce an heir for his brother he made sure there would be no child by spilling the seed on the ground. 
    So it is not about the seed but rather about greed and disobedience. 
    I don't know how all that will work after Jesus' return.
      May 13, 2018 8:06 AM MDT

Yup. Good to see someone knows their Bible. Good answer. :)
      May 13, 2018 9:29 AM MDT

Still want in?
      May 13, 2018 9:18 AM MDT

No need.. just topics for discussion. 
      May 13, 2018 9:28 AM MDT

All masturbation does is waste time.  

You could be studying to be the next President.  Spill that seed into the belly of a whore.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 13, 2018 9:55 AM MDT
      May 13, 2018 9:32 AM MDT

Waiting in check-out lines or doctor's place is a waste of time too so could kill 2 birds with one stone. 
      May 13, 2018 10:00 AM MDT

thats up to god
      May 13, 2018 3:43 PM MDT

Q "If 'casting one's seed upon the ground' is sin will God not allow contraception when Earth becomes free of sin, suffering and death?"
    ====================================================================================

What you're alluding to in the first part of your question is a very intriguing story which also gives a rather colourful ancestry to Jesus. One of several very fascinating records in the Bible. Abridged here, you'll find it in full in Genesis 38:7-30

"Er, Judah's firstborn, was evil in the sight of the LORD, so the LORD took his life.

8Then Judah said to Onan, "Go in to your brother's wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her [have intercourse with her], and raise up offspring for your brother." 9Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife [had intercourse with her], he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother.…10But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He [the Lord] took his life also. [He died but his name lives on as a form of birth control called Onanism - consult a good dictionary]

11Then Judah said to his daughter-in-law Tamar, "Remain a widow in your father's house until my son Shelah grows up" [hoping that it will be third time lucky]; ..... So Tamar went and lived in her father's house.…

12 after a considerable time ... the wife of Judah, died; and when the time of mourning was ended, Judah went up to his sheepshearers at Timnah,

13It was told to Tamar, “Behold, your father-in-law is going up to Timnah to shear his sheep.” 14So she removed her widow’s garments and covered herself with a veil, and wrapped herself, and sat in the gateway of Enaim, which is on the road to Timnah;

[this daughter in law Tamar, felt betrayed] for she saw that Shelah [Judah's third son] had grown up, and she had not been given to him as a wife. 15When Judah saw her, he thought she was a harlot, for she had covered her face. 16So he turned aside to her by the road, and said, “Here now, let me come in to you” [some might want to remember that line];

And she said, “What will you give me, that you may come in to me?” 17He said, therefore, “I will send you a young goat from the flock.” She said, moreover, “Will you give a pledge until you send it?” 18[for the pledge] she said, “Your seal and your cord, and your staff that is in your hand.” So he gave them to her and went in to her, and she conceived by him [so it was third time lucky, but not from a brother in law but her father in law himself].

24Now it was about three months later that Judah was informed, “Your daughter-in-law Tamar has played the harlot, and behold, she is also with child by harlotry.” Then Judah said, “Bring her out and let her be burned!” 25It was while she was being brought out that she sent to her father-in-law, saying, “I am with child by the man to whom these things belong.” And she said, “Please examine and see, whose signet ring and cords and staff are these?” 26Judah recognized them

27[the father in law did a grand job for] behold, there were twins in her [his daughter in law's] womb.

28Moreover, ... while she was giving birth, one [of the twins] put out a hand, and the midwife took and tied a scarlet thread on his hand, [however] he drew back his hand [into the womb and moved himself further in so that] his brother came out [first instead]. .... So he [the one who came out first] was named Perez. 30Afterward his brother came out who [had gone back fully into the womb after he] had the scarlet thread [tied] on his hand; and he was named Zerah.

Both Perez and Zerah were born out of wedlock and therefore illegitimate sons of Judah, who was in one sense their father and in another their grandfather, being the fathe-in-law of their mother. It is apparently through this Perez, for whom Zerah went back in the womb, that Matthew (1:3) traces the birth of Jesus.
      May 15, 2018 6:17 PM MDT