Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » If you were given an acre of land where any and everything would grow, what would you have pop up from the land?

If you were given an acre of land where any and everything would grow, what would you have pop up from the land?

Posted - May 29, 2018

Responses

No need to ask another question, you hit it right on the money on this one.  I am an advocate about water... especially blue water.  Ding! Ding! Ding!  I agree a million plus one!
      May 30, 2018 2:26 AM MDT

And a TRUE necessity for all who live.  It is a definite.   I LOVE this answer!!
      May 30, 2018 2:28 AM MDT

Bush junior and senior are buying in to blue gold globally....they are buying up land with underground fresh water courses  in Venezuela.....
    The Swiss Chocolate firm has bought lands next to the Great Lakes in North America and have built huge a fresh water bottling plant which is drawing the Great Lakes....They are also selling huge plastic bags of fresh water towed in huge sausage string behind ships for sale for drinking water in north China where the Chinese are building a huge hydroelectric plant ...

Like the Rothchilds,certain elite people will soon be able to hold the world to ransom  ,just by controlling drinking water...:(
      May 30, 2018 2:59 AM MDT

WOW!  I absolutely DID NOT know this.  My thought was how important fresh water is to all of us and NOT using it as a means of finance but an understood that we all need it to survive.  I was thinking, innocently, and obviously, naively.
    I still love your answer because it does state that all things needed to survive on your acre does include water.  But for financial gain was Never a thought. 
    I"m not going to say how I feel about the Bush's push; but, I"m sure you probably know. 
    Thanks for educating me on this issue.  I'm going to look into it further.
    You're awesome and still DO deserve the Asker's Pick.  For all the included reasons.  WOW!!!!
      May 30, 2018 3:13 AM MDT

As an individual you can do nothing to stop these things happening....All or nearly all governments want money and most all don't care how they come by it ...:(
      May 30, 2018 12:15 PM MDT

The stuff we love to eat....okra, cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans, squash, lettuce, green peppers, potatoes, carrots, beets, onions, celery, and peas.  I would like a lemon tree as well as a clementine tree. :)
      May 29, 2018 10:18 PM MDT

I just got back from a very fine dinner and my salad didn't have half these items but cost twice as much as it would have to grow it on your acre.  Beautiful thought Thriftymaid and I especially like the lemon and clementine tree.  A very nice touch! :) :)  May you live happily and healthy all your days! :) :)
      May 29, 2018 11:03 PM MDT

Giant Sequoias. 
      May 29, 2018 10:24 PM MDT

I have always liked your style CallMelshmael.  A Beautiful Choice.  I hope my acre is next to yours.  Big smiles and happy trees!! :) :)  
      May 29, 2018 11:05 PM MDT

Doesn't one of those take up an entire acre?
      May 30, 2018 6:47 AM MDT

Duh!  I might even get a divorce.
    ~
      May 29, 2018 11:22 PM MDT

HUGE GIGGLES!!!!!!! Somehow I don't see divorce being on your acre.  Maybe a running track so you can run in circles if you get perplexed about a divorce and maybe not club sandwhiches as such but, who knows?  Running in circles has solved many problems! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at May 30, 2018 8:03 AM MDT
      May 30, 2018 2:29 AM MDT

Image result for what gif
      May 30, 2018 12:04 PM MDT

Potatoes so I could set up a booth somewhere and make lotsa money selling french fries this summer. 

How do I get the potatoes to pop up from the ground? 
      May 30, 2018 2:43 AM MDT

They do tend to want to be more reclusive.  You could count their leaves and stalks as "Popping from the ground!"  A very fine choice, if I do say so myself.  :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at May 30, 2018 10:27 AM MDT
      May 30, 2018 2:51 AM MDT

This should work.
      May 30, 2018 6:49 AM MDT

The term 'work' doesn't really appeal to me. 
      May 30, 2018 10:29 AM MDT

I'd have a go at everything and anything, all the usuals such as carrots, peas, sweetcorn etc. and some more exotic things like edamame beans.  I'd have to find room for a nice big garden though as well, I am a plantaholic and love flowers. 
      May 30, 2018 1:56 PM MDT

Awesome!  While watching my parents property, I have been asked to plant a bed that gets a lot of shade.  This is a hard task for me because since I love the sun, I tend to like things that do too.  I don't know of many flowers that are drawn to showing their beauty out of the sun.  I"m doing my best before they come home on the 2nd of June.  Any suggestions?  :) :)
      May 30, 2018 8:27 PM MDT

Oooooh now flowers I can do!!  You may not be able to get all of these but.... welsh poppy, mecanopsis cambrica will grow anywhere... I've had success with the pixie clematis as mine grows in full shade, pieris grow well in shade, ferns of course love shade and there are some pretty impressive and cool varieties including tree ferns, hostas of course and you guys seem (?) to suffer way less damage from slugs than we do in damp Britain I love corydalis and once they get going you get it popping up everywhere. I've got box, which is a hedging plant that can be shaped into all sorts of cool shapes) growing in shade.

Literally there are thousands more than you think - shade's my favourite place to plant :)
      May 31, 2018 6:27 AM MDT

I#d add to that that pretty much you can try most things, and apart from the ones that really do need it ultra hot and dry... I find most things will grow... hydrangea is another one, you can get some very impressive ones.. geraniums are very un-fussy, the perennial ones I am thinking of here. -
      May 31, 2018 6:30 AM MDT