Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Would you like to have your own radio show? ~

Would you like to have your own radio show? ~

Posted - July 25, 2018

Responses

• "No" ... once you've done TV, you can never go back!  :)
      July 25, 2018 7:44 AM MDT

If I did, I would make this the theme song --  and make everyone listen. It's perfection. (And the video is, too.)

"Rockin' Back Inside my Heart" - - Julee Cruise

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 25, 2018 8:20 PM MDT
      July 25, 2018 7:56 AM MDT

Welby, I love her name and I like the song.  I'd listen to your radio station.  :) :)
      July 25, 2018 9:09 AM MDT

:)
    I adore this song. And her.

[The video is directly from director David Lynch's/composer Angelo Badalamenti's/Julee Cruise's (approximately) hour-long art/music film 'Industrial Symphony No.1: Dream of the Brokenhearted.' The entire film is breathtaking to me. And this 'Rockin' Back Inside my Heart, in context of the entire film, works so well! To me, the song is different than the rest of the also-great songs in the work.] This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 25, 2018 8:28 PM MDT
      July 25, 2018 10:54 AM MDT

Sorry Welby!  I meant to hit the like button, first!  I don't know what my deal has been the last couple days.  For some reason, I seem to be letting my "real" self out from behind my hat.  Not to mention, this is the second time I've not hit the "like" button on an answer I liked.  Ugh!  If I do it again, please tap on my hat and say something!
    Big winks and smiles!  Hugs too!!!
      July 25, 2018 10:52 AM MDT

I didn't even notice.
    I was just happy you liked the song and Cruise.
    Just in case - -here is the entire 50-minutes-long "Industrial Symphony No.1: Dream of the Brokenhearted. It may be some of the best fifty minutes you'll ever spend.
    If you do watch/listen, let me know what you think.
    It's not posting - - I'll try again.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 25, 2018 8:29 PM MDT
      July 25, 2018 11:01 AM MDT

So far so good!!!!!!!!!  :) :)!!!!!
      July 25, 2018 11:10 AM MDT

I started watching again to the five-minutes mark or so. Haven't watched it in years. I plan to watch the whole thing later on tonight. I own a copy of it.

The first lyric after the phone conversation (Nicholas Cage and I forget the female actress. I think it's directly from a David Lynch movie; I think "Wild at Heart." Maybe it's not from a movie --  maybe they filmed it for this Industrial Symphony.)

-- "I fell for you baby, like a bomb." So cool!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 25, 2018 11:33 AM MDT
      July 25, 2018 11:18 AM MDT

Right On!! :) :)  Huge hugs and loves and listening enjoyment too!  Thanks Welby!! :) :)!!
      July 25, 2018 11:34 AM MDT

Great! You're welcome!
    Were you able to listen to a good chunk of it? Maybe even the whole thing? I doubt I'll get to it tonight, even though I had planned on it.
      July 25, 2018 6:59 PM MDT

I have actually wanted my own radio program. I even went to get my FCC license at one point in my younger life, but preferred playing in bands much better than pursuing that career. I think we all listen to the radio in our vehicles for distraction. These days with Sirius radio and people loading their devices with their preferred listening music, a radio program may be outdated, though. I have a collection of albums to die for and my brother even has MORE than I do. I told him we should get our own station and play the lost and forgotten songs from all those albums. 

However....probably will never happen.....sigh
      July 25, 2018 8:47 AM MDT

Sad but true. I, also, have many, many records that people may remember.  They are in storage and may be warped by now; however, I still like to think I will listen to them soon.
    Let's hear the vinyl!!  When Rock n' Roll was just that and Classics were born!! :) :) 
      July 25, 2018 9:13 AM MDT

Love hearing that you kept yours, too, Merlin!!!! However, I am crying knowing they are in storage!!! I built a huge cabinet to store mine, but if I ever have to MOVE it, a nightmare is awaiting me!!! 
    That's why I always wanted my own station...they have a 'Classic Vinyl' station on Sirius, but they seem to play most of the songs you would hear on FM radio anyway. I do listen to the 'Deep Tracks' station, but honestly, I'm not in my car often enough to justify paying for radio air time. I may or may not renew it next time....
    I dated a lady who told me her husband still had a huge collections of albums and that he never listened to them. I asked her if she thought he might sell them or better yet, GIVE them to me so they would have extra storage space in their house. No luck so far, but she said if she finds out that he is getting rid of them, she will call me....
      July 25, 2018 9:24 AM MDT

Absolutely!  It was one of those thoughts I had in mind as a career.  To be a DJ and all that went with the study to be one.  
    I thought I might be pretty good at it because I was told I would be.  I was younger back then.  I figure now my taste in music is past-due.
    I was told I would be good at it because of my voice.
    I have a kind of raspy but sultry, deep voice.  People seem to like to listen to it.  I don't know.  I was just born with it.  
    The love of good music and others telling me I should made me think it would have been a good career choice.  Sometimes I wonder If I should have.  
    I guess it's never too late. :) :)
      July 25, 2018 9:18 AM MDT

So you know that saying THAT, I am DYING to hear your voice!!!!.... Ladies with deep, sultry voices DO turn on most guys. It's like someone with a British accent....just keep talking and let me listen, lol. 

That may be true with me, as well....my taste in music may be past-due or out dated. My audience of listeners may be so small that I wouldn't make any money...but I would do it for pleasure, not for money.....so I need to win that lottery really soon so I can get started, right?

I went to one of those broadcasting schools and they told me I had a great radio voice, too. I actually think they told everyone who paid for the school the same thing.....I will say that everyone always wanted to party at MY place because they LOVED the music. They all said back then that I should be the one picking music for all the radio stations. I think they were right....;-)
      July 25, 2018 9:42 AM MDT

I would listen to you and your record choices.  I freely listen to you here.  I'm sure your voice goes with your thoughts which are good ones. :) :).   
      July 25, 2018 10:58 AM MDT

Hey Merlin, I think you and I should share a radio program!!! We have similar interests and your sense of humor always makes me laugh out loud. I find most of your comments reflect my own ideas and ideals....like the old saying "We grew up in different neighborhoods together"...
    I think it would be fun to co-host with you, especially with all of our albums together. We would probably compete to see who could bring out the COOLEST old song to play for our listeners. And of course, we would have to entertain the listeners with our magic wit and brilliant opinions on music, sex and the shape of the world from then and now, lol....with your deep sultry voice and my southern drawl, we would rock their socks off!!!!.....
      July 25, 2018 11:46 AM MDT

Only if Merlin is my sidekick and he/she makes me believe that I call the shots. This post was edited by Zack at July 27, 2018 9:16 AM MDT
      July 25, 2018 11:01 AM MDT

Yaaaa-Whhhhooooo!  What a RIDE!!!!
      July 25, 2018 11:08 AM MDT

That's a great idea!  One time my dad told me I should be a shock radio host, lol.  

Hey!  Cool!  The station owner's having a heart attack during my show!  Quick! Turn on that mic so we can get this on the air!

July 25, 2018 6:56 PM MDT

Yes, I would like a call-in talk show. I could hang up on anyone who said something I didn't agree with or didn't like me making fun of them. 
      July 25, 2018 8:22 PM MDT

Hmmmm, let's see what atrocious programming mistakes you'd be making with an attitude like that:

10  Tilde-related calls
    9  Any and all calls from your secret admirer, Randall D
    8  Grammar-correction calls
    7  Any and all dating invitation calls from Randall D
    6  Calls from Randy D asking permission to move into your spare bedroom
    5  Any and all calls from your not-so-secret admirer, Randall D
    4  Calls about how to avoid or circumvent restraining orders
    3  Any and all calls from Randy D stating his desire to move into your bed
    2  Calls from the building's security detail asking if Randall D may visit the studio
    1  Any and all calls from your number one fan, Randall D

Gee, it's painfully obvious that you don't want your radio show to be a success.

~

July 25, 2018 8:46 PM MDT

Basically, I'd hang up on anyone who says he's randy.
      July 26, 2018 3:03 PM MDT

Randy men are dandy men, the best kind!

~
      July 27, 2018 12:08 AM MDT