Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you get annoyed when people in general talk about movies, share huge plot points, with not a care whether or not you've seen the movie?

Do you get annoyed when people in general talk about movies, share huge plot points, with not a care whether or not you've seen the movie?

I get annoyed and plug my ears and sing "La-La-La!"

Posted - July 28, 2018

Responses

YES!  I can't stand when people do that.  One of the gals who sits next to me at work does that all the time.  Apparently, she can't tell by the expression on my face that I have no interest in hearing what she's saying.
      July 28, 2018 1:56 PM MDT

Yes, people who do these sometimes seem to glory in doing it.
    :)
      July 28, 2018 4:57 PM MDT

I don't know.  Sometimes I need to hear spoilers so I know not to waste my time on a crappy film.
      July 28, 2018 1:59 PM MDT

Ha!
     Maybe true!
      July 28, 2018 4:56 PM MDT

What I can't stand is when I tell someone I haven't yet seen a particular movie but that I plan to see it soon, or when I tell someone that I'm about to see it right at that moment, and the person proceeds to tell me the entire plot:

"Oh, I've seen that one, and let me tell ya, you're simply going to (love/hate) that movie!  It starts out with this quirky guy who knows a lot about grammar but no one around him ever wants to hear it, anyway, he's a coffee fanatic, no, wait, a coffee fiend, so he sells all his belongings and moves to Cali, Colombia so that he can be close to his beloved crop at its source. Since he sold everything to have enough moolah for the trip, he had no clothes, so he wears nothing but black unused trash bags throughout the first half of the movie.  Along the way to South America, he meets an Einstein lookalike who is also a retired teacher, but the guy is in reality a high-class pimp daddy. The grammar/trash bag guy is crazy about women, so he has about three flings a week with various floosies who work for the pimp, but he's cheap, and stiffs them on the payment. He finds out that most of the women are Trump supporters.  The guy doesn't care about politics, but he pretends to be in order to bed these women.  One of them is Welsh, or Scottish, or Maori, something like that, but she hates him, so instead of sleeping with him, she retires from her job and feeds homeless people at shelters. Anyway, InterPol puts out a warrant for the guy's arrest when a punctuation wharehouse is robbed of all its ampersands. The curator has a trained parrot who lives in a makeshift spaceship and wears an eyepatch, but her three-year-old grandson smuggled Tiparello Gummy Bears into preschool and has to go to intervention or rehab or reform school, I keep forgetting because I fell asleep at that point. When I woke up, the trash bag guy was in India looking for his long lost friend who had dropped off the grid after a failed romance with a co-worker. Then, an old woman who hacks computer systems worldwide creates a frenzy online to attract people to her cult, The Cornered Grannies.  The grammar guy is exposed as being a functional illiterate who merely poses as being scholarly, but when the stolen ampersands are found sewn into his stomach lining, he runs back to the US to claim asylum. At that point, the retired lady who hated him at first slowly begins to fall in love with him (in true rom-com fashion).  She moves him into her place and supports him financially because his night job of being a gigalo (so) only pays for his Maserati and designer clothes, but not food and lodging. There was something in there about his trip to Arizona, but I was out getting popcorn and milk duds so I missed it.  Wait, the best part is coming . . . "

This post was edited by Randy D at July 28, 2018 4:55 PM MDT
      July 28, 2018 2:22 PM MDT

Excellent!

And here comes The Good Part
      July 28, 2018 4:55 PM MDT

Wait, I saw that movie.  "The Tilde Odyssey: Adios Amigos~ ". 
    Dude, that ending totally takes you by surprise.  When he goes into that office in downtown Buenos Aires while holding a parrot ..which has to be CGI, I mean the things that parrot does ..  I mean, how could they get a real parrot to pull a Empanada out of his wing just as policeman was rounding that corner?  Totally fake.  Anyhow, He goes into the building but no one sees that he's hidden a tilde in his left shoe. So just as he reaches the elevator the timer goes off.  This is the best part, man  When the timer goes off you find out that the man was really a ...

July 28, 2018 5:35 PM MDT

Not at all ...films are lacking less and less of a story line and rely on violence and computer graphics to keep people entertained....
    They are not worth going to see and certainly not worth the money it cost to see them for just an hour or twos entertainment....:( 
      July 28, 2018 2:27 PM MDT

You're right: it's as if the producers, writers, directors and actors/actresses think that if a movie doesn't have profanity every third or forth word, doesn't have sex, doesn't have toilet "humor" infused throughout, no one will want to see it. 

:(
      July 28, 2018 3:57 PM MDT

My dad had a camera man friend that worked on films in the States.... His view was that over the years most stories had been told many times over.....
    Plus actors worked for a pitiance to what they recieve now......in my view ,no one is worth that type of money for just a few months work....
    Wny do actors think they are are someone special .....vast sums of money doesn't make you a nice person...
    Some actors \ actresses treated film crew like pigs......others he said were really nice and ate and associated  with the crew when on set....
      July 28, 2018 5:14 PM MDT

You have a point, for sure.
      July 28, 2018 4:56 PM MDT

Just one ? 
      July 28, 2018 5:15 PM MDT

I don't know, probably.
    I've not seen a new movie in a long while.

And I'm in a shi* mood again. I'm sorry. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 28, 2018 5:19 PM MDT
      July 28, 2018 5:17 PM MDT

Don't worry.....we all have our bad days at times..:( 
      July 28, 2018 5:20 PM MDT

Thanks, Nice Jugs.
      July 29, 2018 11:49 AM MDT

July 29, 2018 12:03 PM MDT

i dont get scared
      July 29, 2018 5:46 PM MDT

Good!