Active Now

Shuhak
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What kind of people are drawn to a site like this?

What kind of people are drawn to a site like this?

Shut-ins, autistic people, intellectuals, lonely people?  I say curious people who want to ask questions they can't in other relationships.

Posted - August 2, 2018

Responses

I'd say all that and more. 

I'd also say that people who like to write and express themselves and bounce their ideas off one another also are drawn to this place.
      August 2, 2018 9:18 PM MDT

!
      August 4, 2018 2:33 AM MDT

Artists as in Drawn......but in my case I'd like two point out ,I'm a Wit Artist..... and I do.....:)D 
      August 3, 2018 2:02 AM MDT

People are not "drawn" to a website. A website is not like a park, where people have to drive by it to get where they want to go. A person has to want to find a website, and then they have to find some way to find it. It is not easy looking for a forum. Wikipedia has a list of sites using the Q&A format, but over half the sites in the list are kaput, and not all of the remainder are in English. Amazon used to host a site for rating forum sites, but that was closed many years ago.
      August 3, 2018 4:42 AM MDT

Actually, I found this site by accident. I was Googling something, and this site came up. 
      August 3, 2018 8:53 AM MDT

curious people
      August 3, 2018 4:25 PM MDT

People, I should imagine come here for a multitude of reasons, loneliness due to illness or age, curiosity, addiction, to fill twenty minutes, or to educate and learn.
      August 3, 2018 5:00 PM MDT

• The kind of folks that take themselves too seriously, along with the  observer that knows they cannot be taken seriously. Some need an outlet like this because the real world might drop a net over them.  Maybe it's a case of not having anything important to occupy their time. Or maybe it's the satisfaction of being able to say something that you'd get your clock cleaned for away from AM. As with almost anything, the motivations are as varied as fingerprints. Take your pick. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 4, 2018 2:32 AM MDT
      August 3, 2018 5:50 PM MDT

Also, apparently, people who in earlier days may have taken to the sea:  (lol)

Call me Ishmael. Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off - then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.
      August 3, 2018 6:27 PM MDT

The sea, where every man, as in a mirror finds himself. 
                                                     Ray Bradbury, from the movie.

Well done, Tom!
      August 3, 2018 8:17 PM MDT

I am none of the above mentioned in your question.  On the contrary, I am very outdoorsy, don't have a problem sharing my feelings freely, graduated from a private college in business management,  have learned more from people and hands-on experience than books, and am definitely happily married.  I am a Taurus and enjoy long walks on the beach, I have blue eyes and long.....Wait! Wait! Wait!  Totally different genre and different screen. That was  "The Dating Game" on TV.  :P!  Probably before your time.

What originally drew me here?  A friend recommended me to answerMug.  He found it.  Like being new in any situation in groups, I was nervous .  I read a lot more than I contributed.  After about a month, I made my first reply.  Since that time, I've been hooked. The people that make answerMug what it is today are the reasons I stay.  I admit.   When I find a group of people I click with, I am as loyal as a hound dog.  I don't have time to be on the computer all day nor is it really my style.  BUT, with answerMug, I have so much fun and learn stuff too that time gets away from me.  Before I now it, the day has passed.

I like it here very much.  If I'm on the computer, this is the only place you will find me. :) :)  
      August 4, 2018 3:15 AM MDT

Dream on Ishmael.
    Next sacrifice please.
      August 4, 2018 11:15 AM MDT