Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » MAGA - Make America Gasp Again. Will mesothelioma be renamed "Trump's Disease"?

MAGA - Make America Gasp Again. Will mesothelioma be renamed "Trump's Disease"?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-epa-narrows-its-toxic-substances-review/

Posted - August 24, 2018

Responses

It sure is easier to say.
    Beyond that, it may prove difficult to resurrect a defunct industry manufacturing known carcinogens like asbestos from the dead, which is not a bad thing. Who would buy and use them knowing the lawsuits that await in years to come?

MAGA:
    My Attorney Got Arrested

Morons Are Governing America

Making American Government Amoral

Making Americans Groan Again

This post was edited by Don Barzini at August 24, 2018 8:19 PM MDT
      August 24, 2018 2:59 AM MDT

I'm amazed by the sheer ignorance and stupidity of a president (and Congress) who would even think of resurrecting the asbestos and coal industries.  Renewable energy is the wave of the future and Trump is calling us back to the past.  
      August 24, 2018 7:32 AM MDT

You and I both, Spunky. About a great many ignorant and stupid things...
      August 24, 2018 11:03 AM MDT

Every time I think this administration can't possibly make another stupid move, I am proven wrong.  I just have to wonder how much damage will be caused by Trump and his minions who have no idea how government works.
      August 24, 2018 3:44 PM MDT

Watch the absurdity ratchet up as the idiot POTUS sees even more pressure falling on him. 

IMHO, it is a matter of time, —when, not if— that he will inevitably say or do something so far beyond the pale, so patently inexcusable, that calls for his resignation will rise from former supporters.
    Just saying...
      August 24, 2018 3:58 PM MDT

I think he's feeling a great deal of pressure now what with Cohen, Pecker and his CEO all taking immunity deals.  The CEO could be very damaging, not only to Donald, but to the entire family enterprise.  I can't say I feel sorry for any of them.  They've been screwing people left and right for decades.  

I can't even imagine a scenario where Trump would do something so heinous that his base walks away from him.  Maybe if he did something REALLY treasonous.  
      August 24, 2018 4:05 PM MDT

Sad, isn’t it. That it would take something of such a magnitude to shake some sense into the misled and deceitful  who prop up the demagogue. 

That said, we can’t discount the possibility, given how his inner circle is folding up. 
      August 24, 2018 4:14 PM MDT

There's always the possibility that someone will take him down.  I'm almost hoping it will be Omarosa.  I'm no fan of hers, but can you imagine if a Black woman was able to do that?  I call that poetic justice.
      August 24, 2018 6:26 PM MDT

He did. Jan 6, 2021. They STILL support him, it's unbelievable. 
      April 26, 2023 10:17 PM MDT

If there were an award, this would take Best-of-Show!
    It is the best politically-funny, right-on-the-money question, I've seen in a long time!!

Maybe it's because I see those commercials about mesothelioma with the guy who looks like David Hasselholf all the time.  I'm not sure why but Slartibartfast, this tickled my funny bone! 

August 24, 2018 7:39 AM MDT

You couldn't even make up such things :( Unbelievable :( And to those who say Trump is all for personal freedom ... no he isn't because he seriously doesn't care about people who have their health and their lives ruined by exposure to dangerous substances, for example fire-fighters and others who have to deal with products such as asbestos at the end of the product's life. Doesn't their freedom from exposure count?
      August 24, 2018 1:20 PM MDT

With TGITWH 'we're headed for self-destruction' - Song Lyrics

("Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?")  Oh-oh, a Manchurian Candidate (1962 film) is unleashed...  The mission is to destroy America...
      August 24, 2018 5:08 PM MDT

I hope not because it would be like rubbing salt into the wound of someone who is already suffering. Or if a doctor told someone that they have Trump disease the person might think that it's hopeless then jump out a window. I'm hoping that in the future Trumps name will be used to improve the world  like if someone is bullying or belittling someone  or they are bragging too much they are told not to be a Trump.  I have been called a lot of bad names in my life and it usually just rolls off my back but if someone called me a Trump it would cut like a knife. Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 24, 2018 6:46 PM MDT

have no idea
      September 9, 2018 2:44 PM MDT