Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » Why do many women feel they absolutely MUST wear make-up? This one doesn't.

Why do many women feel they absolutely MUST wear make-up? This one doesn't.

Posted - September 10, 2018

Responses

I would say she has on a touch of mascara and some lip gloss.  
      September 10, 2018 2:04 PM MDT

I had a student from Vietnam who was incredibly beautiful. She wore no make-up and looked like she did. My first wife didb't wear any either. I got this pic from a group of pics of women without make-up.
      September 10, 2018 2:49 PM MDT

Some women really don't need it, I had an aunt who didn't, but I'm still willing to bet on the mascara and lip gloss. You can apply makeup to where it looks like you don't have any on.
      September 11, 2018 7:12 AM MDT

I wear makeup on the days I go to work of if I got out to some event.  Other than that, I'm makeup free other than some lipstick so I don't look as though I died the day before.
      September 10, 2018 2:13 PM MDT

• More should.  She's a very lovely young lady.
      September 10, 2018 2:16 PM MDT

I don't really...I believe in going Au Naturale.....  and I'm not making it up....  ;)D hehe. 
      September 10, 2018 2:46 PM MDT

Everywhere? You don't even decorate you nails?  I imagine you are quite beautiful. I'm going to fantisise now.
      September 10, 2018 2:51 PM MDT

I do at times do my nails ...and sometimes a tiny bit more...Maybe ill use more when they make it alcohol proof...  I slosh  it about everywhere when I'm sloshed...  If I drank a lot I could understand better why I do it...:( 
    sweet dreans....lol 
      September 10, 2018 3:18 PM MDT

not sure why, ive never worn nnakeup in nny life, wonder if thats why i cant get a job
      September 10, 2018 2:58 PM MDT

Maybe because they give to much importance to outer self worth, and dont trust the true beauty that lives inside all of us. Thats what truly makes us beautiful. 
      September 10, 2018 3:12 PM MDT

We want to look good as well as appropriate and that can help us. I thoroughly agree young beauties should not need it but we can't all stay young and beautiful forever and some of us were never beautiful. So we must make do. 

But it is a very personal choice so not something you should question. 
      September 10, 2018 3:32 PM MDT

• I agree.   Most people know how to apply makeup appropriately and many people wouldn't even know someone is wearing it when it's done correctly.  People shouldn't be judged or shamed for it.  
      October 11, 2018 8:26 AM MDT

I had a high school English teacher who looked like a clown. We all laughed behind her back. She needed to be slapped into reality.
      October 11, 2018 11:45 AM MDT

• Yikes.   I agree that there are always exceptions...  your English teacher and Tammy Faye Baker being two of them.  :P
      October 11, 2018 12:20 PM MDT

I've never worn makeup.. but the downside is... I sure don't look like that lady in your pic :P
      September 10, 2018 4:16 PM MDT

blush
    mascara
    lipstick
    eye shadow

She messes with her eyebrows too.

She wears plenty of makeup.  She looks nice because her goal is to look natural, not like a circus clown. 
      September 11, 2018 2:02 PM MDT

A friend was once a highly successful model.
    Once I saw her without make-up.
    Her face was totally covered in broken red veins.
    It was quite a shock, and rather hard to look her in the eyes.
      September 11, 2018 3:24 PM MDT

• i dont know a single woman who feels like she must wear make up. they either use it to draw out their own natural features (eye liner, mascara makes your eyes pop; contour to bring out your jawline, cheekbone, etc), or they just like putting art on their face. most women wear a layer of natural make up (like the one in your photo). 

she is def wearing mascara, look at how the tips of her eyelashes clump together 
      September 12, 2018 10:58 AM MDT

• I am a fair skinned redhead. I feel I 'have" to wear makeup, otherwise people can't see my brows or my lashes (they are very blond), and I need the color to make me look less zombified.    I happen to love makeup though, although I don't wear much the older I have become, just the basics.   The makeup section of a store is one of my favorite places to browse though, with all of the pretty palettes and accessories.  
      October 11, 2018 8:19 AM MDT

• I wear makeup when I am going somewhere that matters to me.  I feel it makes me feel more confident. I like to enhance my brown eyes. I am very fair so a natural looking foundation just adds a little color to my skin so I don't look dead.  Why in  the world would anyone think there is anything wrong with that!  Makeup can be applied so naturally NO ONE would ever be able to tell:)
      October 11, 2018 10:03 AM MDT

Foundation is made with rust and clay. So it is natural.
      October 11, 2018 11:49 AM MDT

It's not called warpaint for nothing. 
      October 11, 2018 2:15 PM MDT

I think the answer varies depending on circumstances and social setting.

In some workplaces, wearing makeup is the required dress code, the same as wearing a tie for men.
    Some women have birthmarks, rosacea or other skin conditions which cause others to stare or avoid them: they find life easier with make-up.

For some women, makeup could actually be a defense, since most men loath kissing a woman with gunk or her skin or lips.
      October 12, 2018 8:10 PM MDT