Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Maurice214
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » One day a WOMAN will be the president of the United States. The odds of her being a Republican are ZERO. Agree/dis/why?

One day a WOMAN will be the president of the United States. The odds of her being a Republican are ZERO. Agree/dis/why?

Posted - October 6, 2018

Responses

I disagree with your entire question because there's no way of knowing that information. Only time will reveal it. :)
      October 6, 2018 1:35 PM MDT

• I thought that you Libs were leading us into the new gender neutral society. By the time that a "woman" becomes president, will "she" be settled on which gender  (if any)"she"  identifies with? Seriously though, I don't care if a male, female or "other" sits in the White House. To get my vote, the  candidate will have to possess more character, integrity and honesty than the last woman that ran for the office.
      October 6, 2018 3:10 PM MDT

Of course there will (unless the US dissolves)  Odds are high that she won't be a rep or a dem, but rather she'll come from another party. 
    Regardless of what many people think, gender should never have anything to do with the obtaining of political office.  Neither gender is superior over the other.  It should have to do with their credibility, their knowledge, their candor and their ability to do the job. 
    Many of the politicians we have now (of both genders) are only concerned with themselves, money and holding their position (getting re-elected).  They care more about appearances than morality; making money rather than doing their job.  Around election time they are full of promises and bragging over one or two things they may have done during their time in office (1-2 things in 4-6 years??) or things they "are in the midst of doing" (yeah, right).  but as soon as elections are over, they go right back to the same old thing - making themselves a name and ignoring the people they are supposed to be serving.  They act like they're the "boss"; that they run things, when in reality they were "hired" by the people to serve the people, not the other way around.
    A female president isn't too far off from becoming a reality.  However, I hope that when a female candidate does run for office that people don't vote for her simply based on her gender, but rather if she's the right person (qualified) for the job.
      October 6, 2018 3:55 PM MDT

Do you prefer having a male supervisor rather than a female Shuhak?  Women are used to having men tell them what to do but men pretty much dislike having women tell them what to do. There is gender bias and I think there always will be just as there is racial bias and I think there always will be. I'm going to ask. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Sunday! This post was edited by RosieG at October 7, 2018 1:55 PM MDT
      October 7, 2018 3:23 AM MDT

To be totally honest - I prefer a female supervisor.

Over the course of my career I've had both male and female "bosses".  I've had both horrible male AND female bosses as well as awesome male AND female bosses.  I don't mean to be, sexist but it has been my observation that female bosses manage their employees differently than a male.   A male boss is more prone to fly off the handle at trivial things while a female boss is (generally) more tolerant (again this is just MY personal observation). 
    I worked for a female boss who was an egotistical, feminist man hater (to the extreme).  Within a month of taking over she got rid of every male employee under her - including me.  I worked for a male boss who,when angry, the veins in his forehead would bulge out - and he was angry almost on a daily basis.  He was forever calling employee meetings just to berate us.   I've worked with a female boss who was so strict that no one could stand her - except me.  I rarely had an issue with her.  I've worked for a male boss who was extremely kind.  He treated every employee fairly, gave them the benefit of the doubt and generally bent over backwards for them.

October 7, 2018 2:19 PM MDT

The FIRST female POTUS won't be a Republican. Any subsequent one quite well could be, but not until quite a wide broom pushes out the moribund old f@rts club.

Tammy Duckworth would be ideal (her centrist politics and service record could garner a little bipartisanship), but she's unlikely to run. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 7, 2018 3:03 PM MDT
      October 7, 2018 2:27 PM MDT

Not if it's someone like Nikki Haley or Susana Martinez. Remember that the first female SCOTUS justice, Sandra Day O'Connor, was a conservative appointed by President Reagan.
      October 7, 2018 2:38 PM MDT

Martinez would be good, but can't win nomination. Her own Party regards her as a RINO (she was actually a Dem until 1995) and her Hispanic heritage is also against her.
      October 7, 2018 3:29 PM MDT

So was Trump as Dem in the past and an Independent. Being Hispanic is not a strike for or against her. 
      October 7, 2018 4:48 PM MDT

It's a strike against in that party. Didn't the Trumpites cheer him when he accused Mexicans of all being rapists?
      October 7, 2018 8:24 PM MDT

President Trump did NOT call all Mexicans rapists and criminals. 

I am a Trump conservative. I can tell you being Mexican is not a strike against her. We care about policy...not race, not gender etc. 
      October 8, 2018 4:36 AM MDT

You could be surprised. In the UK, the Conservatives have made two women Prime Minister, the more radical Labour none. The Republicans might turn to a woman if they were desperate to gain a fair proportion of female votes. 
      October 7, 2018 3:21 PM MDT

Nikki Haley 2024. I believe she would be awesome.
      October 7, 2018 3:22 PM MDT

Why don't you run for the office?
      October 7, 2018 4:01 PM MDT

Isn't it more important that whomever serves is competent rather than of a gender that you prefer over another?  
      October 7, 2018 4:53 PM MDT

Thank you. I’m sick of identity politics. Gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation shouldn’t matter. It should always be about policies and who each of us individually feel would be best for our country. The fringe left can’t look past gender and skin color. 
      October 7, 2018 5:03 PM MDT

Disagree.   The brightest, most likable and most practical young women entering politics I have seen are Republicans.  And am sure Democratic women would do OK as well as soon as they can get away from parroting the party "wisdom" and start acting and thinking for themselves. 
      October 7, 2018 4:53 PM MDT

I disagree.  The people that usually run for President are governors, senators and representatives.  Right now there are six women who are governors, twenty-three women who are senators and 83 women who are representatives.  Out of those there are four Republican governors, six Republican senators and 21 Republican representatives so I get a 27.6% chance of the first woman President being a Republican. This post was edited by Livvie at October 8, 2018 8:14 AM MDT
      October 7, 2018 8:54 PM MDT

Excuse me, Livvie, but please don't try to muddle the issue using salient, provable facts. It's already been determined that the odds of her being a Republican are ZERO

October 7, 2018 11:18 PM MDT