Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Have you ever secretly harboured extreme envy or jealousy about some aspect of a very close friend's personality?

Have you ever secretly harboured extreme envy or jealousy about some aspect of a very close friend's personality?

Posted - October 22, 2018

Responses

You know, I don't think so.
    If anything, I've always been aware of the incredible differences of people with whom I am friends. My friends are ALL so different from each other! Many of them don't know my other friends.

And I, fortunately, often just soak them all in. I'm so grateful to have friends with whom, often, I have little in common. I know that sounds strange, yet, somehow all of these different people find things in me that appeal to them. And I, them. And I then simply enjoy and love their personality aspects and I am grateful they choose to share their life with me.

:)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 26, 2018 2:57 AM MDT
      October 22, 2018 7:28 PM MDT

No I admire people for what I think are their good qualities and abilities and if I have the chance I tell them so.  Yes I wish I had what I admire in them but I don't resent them for it but rather admire them.
      October 22, 2018 7:39 PM MDT

No...I don't have very close friends. If I did they would envy me. This post was edited by Element 99 at October 26, 2018 2:57 AM MDT
      October 22, 2018 7:53 PM MDT

No, never felt extreme envy or jealousy of anyone.

I feel mild envy of extroverts because they can tolerate or even enjoy small talk and find it so easy to be with just about anybody.

I feel admiration and mild envy for people with the capacity for spontaneous jokes in situ - not sarcasm or puns but real wit.

Like Quentin, I admire and relish the many different and unique qualities of my friends.
      October 22, 2018 8:35 PM MDT

Yes!  I used to envy people who could make friends easily and/or were easily liked by others!

~
      October 23, 2018 12:53 AM MDT

• The emphasis here is a close friend. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 26, 2018 2:57 AM MDT
      October 23, 2018 1:00 AM MDT

Yes, that's what I meant. I've had close friends who were much better at that than I was.
    ~
      October 23, 2018 6:33 AM MDT

probably
      October 23, 2018 9:48 AM MDT

• That's just great!  Thanks a lot for throwing it in my face AGAIN that I have no friends! :P
      October 24, 2018 10:55 AM MDT