Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump barely works at all. How is he "Making America Great Again"? Let's fire his a$$

Trump barely works at all. How is he "Making America Great Again"? Let's fire his a$$

This is a great Article describing how little Donald J Trump actually does...

Early this year, Axios obtained a schedule of President Trump’s activities, revealing hour after hour of “Executive Time” — which means, mostly, binge-watching cable television news and tweeting. Politico has obtained another weekly Trump schedule, and if anything, it appears to contain even less actual work.

Tuesday’s schedule featured nine hours of “Executive Time” and just over three hours of work. Other days on the schedule were only slightly busier. Trump had no meetings or commitments before 11 a.m. on any day of the week. Every day included long blocks of unstructured screen time

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/report-president-trump-barely-works-at-all.html?utm_source=fb&fbclid=IwAR31RhunFUs8_izIjsNNueuUA5bW32Z6ptwxsf3a-gD0sSRwa_Ves9kLZgI

Trump has done such a comprehensively awful job of being president that it feels petty, or even contradictory, to complain that he spends so little time doing it. (It’s like the old joke: The food at this restaurant is awful; and such small portions!) So it might not be a bad thing that Trump hardly works at all. Still, it is noteworthy how little time the world’s most powerful person spends doing his job.

If this pathetic excuse for a man worked for me, I would fire him immediately.

WAIT! HE DOES!   LET'S ERASE THIS MISTAKE. 

Posted - October 30, 2018

Responses

The word "simplistic" comes to mind immediately---treating complex issues and problems as if they were much simpler than they really are.

Personally, I can imagine all the damage he could do---and it fits right in with the nightmares an horrors typical around Halloween, but which are less scary because they are unlikely to happen in the real world.

Teddy Roosevelt said, "To educate a person in the mind, but not in morals, is to educate a menace to society."

And you say below that you don't care if he watches TV; and you have said before that you don't care about his sexual escapades.

And I like that Trump supporter who said he voted for Trump in 2016 because he thought that anyone who had filed so many bankruptcies must know a lot about business.

What do you call the person who graduated last in his class in medical school?---"Doctor," of course.

What do you call the person who graduated last in his class in high school?---(adjectives please, not nouns) This post was edited by tom jackson at October 30, 2018 3:57 PM MDT
      October 30, 2018 2:13 PM MDT

That is right....policy. And simple as I am, I am very happy with policy. LOL And I am not the only one. The election next week and then the reelection in 2020 will prove that. 

And just who is this moral politician and where is he/she?  LOL good luck. This post was edited by my2cents at October 31, 2018 8:13 PM MDT
      October 30, 2018 4:04 PM MDT

The majority of college graduates voted for Clinton.

The Trump supporters who gave Trump the electoral victory got what they deserved.

Unfortunately, us independents were also on the ship of state known as the Titanic.
      October 30, 2018 2:17 PM MDT

Indeed...
      October 30, 2018 2:33 PM MDT

• Yes...this is all true.

Thank you, Tom
      October 30, 2018 4:02 PM MDT

Why does it matter who voted for Clinton? The election was two years ago. It's over, and long past time to stop crying about it and move on. There will be another chance to elect someone else in two years.
      October 31, 2018 5:42 PM MDT

What's the phrase---everybody is born equal, but educational opportunities are not distributed equally.

So for example, some people who learn in high school how to be financially responsible and accumulate assets, may apply such Micro economics insight in Macro economics---which can obviously be a problem.

Couple that with the observation that the people in a democracy are not always willing to approve of things that are necessary to effect, in order to preserve that democracy. 

(Sometimes expressed as "Beware of stupid people in large groups," i.e., a democracy.)

William F Buckley, Jr once made the observation, "How does one know when one is entering a 'Dark Age?"

November 1, 2018 6:11 PM MDT

All well and good, but why are you harping on who voted for whom in the election of two years ago? What's the point of living in the past? It won't change anything.
      November 1, 2018 7:54 PM MDT

CS Lewis once commented that if you make a mistake adding a column of numbers, you cannot simply start adding again from where you realized you've made an error---you must begin at the beginning.

'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."---Santayana

Bill Maher just recently said, Rome didn't fall, and Rome didn't fall, and Rome didn't fall---and then it fell."

And then there is the reality that if the past cannot be separated from the future, then it is still present.  (Any psychologist)

Trump supporters think they have reached the Elysian Fields.

They are sadly mistaken---and should be continually reminded of that fact until it can be changed.  

November 3, 2018 5:31 PM MDT

Maybe they think that and maybe they don't, but it no longer matters who voted for Clinton. She was a weak candidate sorely lacking anything like Bill's political savvy and skills, and she ran a poor campaign. She's at least as responsible for Trump winning as those who voted for her and those who voted for President Trump, no matter what their level of education. It's also not a given that she would have been any more effective or any less a disaster than Trump has been. To assert otherwise is pure speculation - nothing more, nothing less. And just for the record (again, not that it really matters at this point), I personally know several highly educated people, including one gentleman who holds a doctorate from Harvard, who happened to vote for and still support President Trump. You seem to have an extremely black-and-white, overly simplistic view of the world, but life simply is not like that.
      November 4, 2018 1:15 PM MST

You apparently do not appreciate the importance of my point---Unfortunately, for those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, none is possible.

The following is from Heretics, by GK Chesterton.  It is available on project Gutenberg. I post it for those who may become intrigued by both the book and an example of a thought process.

Suppose that a great commotion arises in the street about something, let us say a lamp-post, which many influential persons desire to pull down. A grey-clad monk, who is the spirit of the Middle Ages, is approached upon the matter, and begins to say, in the arid manner of the Schoolmen (
    teachers in a university in medieval Europe), "Let us first of all consider, my brethren, the value of Light. If Light be in itself good—" At this point he is somewhat excusably knocked down. All the people make a rush for the lamp-post, the lamp-post is down in ten minutes, and they go about congratulating each other on their unmediaeval practicality. But as things go on they do not work out so easily. Some people have pulled the lamp-post down because they wanted the electric light; some because they wanted old iron; some because they wanted darkness, because their deeds were evil. Some thought it not enough of a lamp-post, some too much; some acted because they wanted to smash municipal machinery; some because they wanted to smash something. And there is war in the night, no man knowing whom he strikes. So, gradually and inevitably, to-day, to-morrow, or the next day, there comes back the conviction that the monk was right after all, and that all depends on what is the philosophy of Light. Only what we might have discussed under the gas-lamp, we now must discuss in the dark.

November 5, 2018 12:25 PM MST

"You apparently don't appreciate the importance of my point."

First, don't be so condescending. Second, what is your point? The main point here is that the election was two years ago and it's beyond old news. Time to stop crying about it and move on already.
      November 5, 2018 3:00 PM MST

hes gotta be doing sonnething or he wouldnt have lasted as president
      October 30, 2018 3:25 PM MDT

Actually he would, a sitting President can't be removed except by impeachment. Up until now he's had a complicit Congress, but that may change after the midterms.
      October 30, 2018 4:12 PM MDT

Or it may not. Many House races are neck and neck, and the GOP is very likely to hold the Senate. We'll know in a week, but nothing is guaranteed, especially impeachment unless the Democrats score an upset and gain a large majority of at least 20-25 seats in the House (forecasts on realclearpolitics.com show maybe a 5-10 seat majority). And even if he is impeached, a GOP-controlled Senate may very well not convict. So you may wind up just turning blue as you hold your breath down there.
      October 30, 2018 9:45 PM MDT

I can imagine the blank looks on faces as they read this comment. 
      October 31, 2018 8:26 PM MDT

:):):)
      October 31, 2018 8:33 PM MDT

Pearl, do you seriously have no clue about presidential elections and the length of the term presidents in the US are elected for?

Doing nothing as president is not a cause for removal from office during his term.
      November 1, 2018 6:14 PM MDT

October 30, 2018 8:26 PM MDT

Actually they simply reported that DJT was more inclined to trust Putin (the leader of a nation that still has nukes targeting the USA) than his own country's intelligence. That's bordering on treason.
    Maybe Bin Laden should have told Dubya that he didn't do it ...
      October 30, 2018 9:12 PM MDT

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. You are not exactly unbiased, having convicted the guy on at least half a dozen counts in your mind. But who knows? Your wishful thinking may come true. Unless, of course, it doesn't.
      October 30, 2018 9:48 PM MDT

No civility until Dems are in power.: Hillary
      October 31, 2018 12:44 PM MDT

You don't seem to respect our president. 
      October 31, 2018 8:39 AM MDT

• NO...Not at all.  
    He is a mistake and we will remove that mistake

Did you respect President Barack Obama?
      October 31, 2018 9:02 AM MDT

I respected him.  Did not vote for him or care for his policies.  You get elected you might as well enjoy it while you are in. 
      October 31, 2018 9:12 AM MDT