Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How would you feel if you learned you were going to live forever?

How would you feel if you learned you were going to live forever?

(Not in a biblical sense, but in human form here on earth.)

Posted - November 9, 2018

Responses

Immortal......:)
      November 9, 2018 4:36 PM MST

• "I'd be scared because I don't know anything about sword fighting."

November 9, 2018 4:38 PM MST

Good news. You now have all of eternity to master it. ;)
      November 9, 2018 4:42 PM MST

• I can see you never watched "The Highlander."  Once you lose your head the spell is broken.  "There can only be one!"
      November 9, 2018 4:45 PM MST

Hmm... I did, in fact, miss that era. But, I did say eternal life. Headless or not, you'll carry on. ^_^
      November 9, 2018 4:49 PM MST

• Wasn't it bad enough that you said "human form!?" Now I'd have to do it with no head either?! 
    I'm calling my attorney! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 9, 2018 10:27 PM MST
      November 9, 2018 4:58 PM MST

I'd eventually end up a head sitting on a desk because my body is slowly wearing out. 
    So no thank you very much. 

If my body would regererate I still would not want to live here on earth forever.  These humans are mean, violent and crazy and the Earth is headed for destruction.  Anyway I'm looking forward to another kind of eternal life. 
      November 9, 2018 4:43 PM MST

lol I was leaving a post about how I should have added a "preservation clause" to the question and it errored on me because you were changing your answer. 

Yeah, the idea of living forever kind of horrifies me as well. :o
      November 9, 2018 4:45 PM MST

No problem. Your question is fine like it is.  It made me think...twice.  ouch!  hahahahaha
      November 9, 2018 5:00 PM MST

whoppie.............
      November 9, 2018 4:50 PM MST

no thanks, id rather go to nnars
      November 9, 2018 4:57 PM MST

• Would love it but it would be incredibly lonely watching loved ones leave me:(
      November 9, 2018 5:01 PM MST

I'm pretty certain we all will live forever, just not in these bodies.

But, that said, I would FREAKING HATE IT.

I would wish that on Trump.  Not on a normal person.  
      November 9, 2018 5:18 PM MST

I guess you would be seeing me a lot more...
      November 9, 2018 7:22 PM MST

I'd be very happy. Highander is one of my all-time faves. 
      November 9, 2018 7:45 PM MST

Can I bring someone with me?  In time I would become extremely wealthy, skilled and knowledgeable.  I'd have to prepare for the responsibilities that go with that but it would be a shame not to be able to share that life with someone.  Wanna come along?
      November 9, 2018 10:25 PM MST

• Not very good about it at the rate I'm withering. :P
      November 10, 2018 10:54 AM MST

Let me sleep! I will do that later. I have lot of time!

This post was edited by Ritesh at November 11, 2018 4:49 AM MST
      November 11, 2018 12:25 AM MST

The concept of living forever on earth transformed into a paradise is very difficult for many to grasp. I for one am working towards that goal. I am completely convinced that obedient mankind will one day inherit earth since the Bible makes it very clear that this is God's will. At Psalms 115 verse 16 we read: "as for the heavens they belong to Jehovah, but the Earth he has given to the sons of men." I look to the day when man will be living at peace on Earth. I look to the day when there will no longer be any crime or violence nor terrorism. I look to the day also when we will be surrounded by our loved ones to never lose them to death, based on the hope of the everlasting life that God who cannot lie promised long ago. Titus 1:2 This post was edited by Autumnleaves at February 2, 2019 12:35 PM MST
      November 28, 2018 12:03 AM MST

I have news for the unawakened.  I have news for the unconscious.

This is the dream.  We are going to awaken.  

We all live forever.  It is just that we have a finite mind, and we cannot comprehend such a state.

Don't worry, be happy.   God loves us all.  We cannot escape Him even if we try.  How can a drop of water in the ocean, escape the ocean?   We are all part and parcel of the ONE.

November 28, 2018 2:29 AM MST

Pretty good. The waiting is the hardest part. Things now are not like they originally were nor like they will be.
    "Human form here on earth" is the "biblical sense" for most like myself.
    With Jesus as king of God's Kingdom, he will solve all of our problems.

(Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.

(Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
    (Isaiah 35:6) At that time the lame will leap like the deer, And the tongue of the speechless will shout for joy. For waters will burst forth in the wilderness, And streams in the desert plain.
    (Isaiah 35:5) At that time the eyes of the blind will be opened, And the ears of the deaf will be unstopped.
    (John 5:28, 29) Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.
    (Isaiah 33:24) And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people dwelling in the land will be pardoned for their error.
    (Psalm 72:16) There will be an abundance of grain on the earth; On the top of the mountains it will overflow. His fruit will flourish as in Lebʹa·non, And in the cities people will blossom like the vegetation of the earth.

May 10, 2020 8:56 AM MDT