Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you ever wish that you could sing as well as your favorite singer(s), or act as well as your favorites actor(s) and/or actress(es)? ~

Do you ever wish that you could sing as well as your favorite singer(s), or act as well as your favorites actor(s) and/or actress(es)? ~

Posted - November 20, 2018

Responses

The wish is a good start.  However, if I would have known the tools to get me where someone like, say, an actor or a great artist enjoys, I need to do exactly what they did.

They didn't just dream, which is necessary, the also focused and with determination, learned how to achieve the success they had.  

The ones who have no chance are the ones who go on American Idol and think that the show will make them a star.  You have to BE a star.  You have to do the work.  You have to bring it.  

That takes lessons, and in most cases, that means even great singers, practiced and practiced and did not depend on pretty sounds coming out of their mouths.  They studied and learned how to achieve success every moment they had a chance.  

Drive helps.  Now, I am not saying I would be as good as Ariana Grande.  Of course not.  That is raw talent from a perfect pitched voice and the mind behind that voice has learned how to attract others by control of an amazing voice.

But, if I studied signing for years, I would be far better than I am now.  I would bring a different spin on singing and I would be unique.  But I would have skill.

Same with art.  IT is even easier to get proficient at art.  IT is all skill techniques.

Same with dancing.  You get it.  

You don't have the body or skills you possess without the discipline.   You went to what you loved.  Grammar.  Military training.  And wordsmith skills.  You have strengthened your character and your resolve which is priceless.  The invisible effects of following a goal and trying to do your best is the important part anyway.
      November 20, 2018 11:30 AM MST

The wish is a good start.  However, if I would have known the tools to get me where someone like, say, an actor or a great artist enjoys, I need to do exactly what they did.

They didn't just dream, which is necessary, the also focused and with determination, learned how to achieve the success.  Now they can reap all the benefits that their goal offers. 

The ones who have no chance are the ones who go on American Idol and think that the show will make them a star.  You have to BE a star.  You have to do the work.  You have to bring it.  

That takes lessons, and in most cases, that means even great singers, practice continuously.  Christina Aguilara  did not depend on pretty sounds coming out when she attempted a song.  She studied and learned how to achieve success every moment, anytime she had the time to devote to this goal.

Drive helps.  Now, I am not saying I would be as good as Ariana Grande.  Of course not.  That is raw talent from a perfect pitched voice and the mind behind that voice has learned how to attract others by control of this amazing tool she was blessed with.

But, if I studied singing for years, I would be far better than I am now.  It would bring a different spin on anyone else's style, and I would be unique.  But I would have skill.

Same with art.  IT is even easier to get proficient at art.  IT is all skill techniques.

Same with dancing.  You get it.  

You don't have the body or skills you possess without the discipline.  

Randy D~  was drawn to the love of communication and  Grammar.   Also, military training.  And wordsmith skills.  You have strengthened your character and your resolve, which is priceless.  The invisible effects of following a goal and trying to do your best is the important part anyway. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 20, 2018 11:37 AM MST
      November 20, 2018 11:30 AM MST

not really, i get shy singing
      November 20, 2018 1:59 PM MST

What makes you think I can't....:) 
      November 20, 2018 2:38 PM MST

Will you not sing for us then if it is singing!!

This post was edited by Ritesh at November 22, 2018 1:31 PM MST
      November 22, 2018 11:57 AM MST

I'm a little tweety bird really ,kind of like a weed warbler........I can't sound my R's ...:( D  
      November 22, 2018 1:33 PM MST

That would make us more curious about it.. ;)
      November 23, 2018 12:04 PM MST

What makes you think I can't....:) 
      November 20, 2018 2:38 PM MST

You must be all cats then....:)
      November 23, 2018 2:03 PM MST

I don't sing. It is bad. However, my lyric writing ability is good, or so thought country music star Aaron Tippin who awarded me 2nd place in a contest. 
      November 21, 2018 8:04 PM MST

Yes I wish I was good at singing if not best!
      November 22, 2018 11:54 AM MST

Sometimes. I can sing and I'm pretty good (operatic training helps), but a four-octave range I haven't got. That kind of talent is once in a lifetime.

This post was edited by Slartibartfast at December 2, 2018 8:06 PM MST
      November 22, 2018 2:50 PM MST