Active Now

Thebigd
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Nobody is right 100% of the time. Out of all your personal beliefs, which do you think is most likely to be erroneous?

Nobody is right 100% of the time. Out of all your personal beliefs, which do you think is most likely to be erroneous?

Posted - December 9, 2018

Responses

Nothing....my dad refers to all his girls and my mum as his little Angles ....  We can do no wrong in his eyes..... Hehe :) D 
      December 9, 2018 1:12 PM MST

That I am right all the time of course. :)
      December 9, 2018 4:11 PM MST

Except for that missing comma after the word "time".

December 14, 2018 7:16 AM MST

This Nobody character sounds a lot a wife (yes, dear).
      December 9, 2018 4:22 PM MST

My ideas and theories which I'll never share unless I can prove myself right first.  I have a couple that I might be able to explore before I die.  Minimal but expensive equipment that isn't out of reach and a theory which I'll share with my spouse when the time is right.  It will fill in some blanks for everyone. 
      December 9, 2018 4:23 PM MST

Never understood it as about being "right" all the time.  Since we are not free from error how can we be "right" all the time?  We can only be ourselves whatever that is to us. 
      December 9, 2018 4:56 PM MST

“Give to the world the best you have and the best will come back to you.” ― Myrna Ericksen  

(maybe) This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at December 14, 2018 6:47 AM MST
      December 9, 2018 5:18 PM MST

I'm not quite right in my understanding of science - I adhere too strongly to what appears to be proven now.

I am strongly atheist, but most scientists are agnostics.

Professional scientists in most fields - but especially in physics - are incredibly open-minded people.
    They say one cannot say whether or not there is a god or an afterlife because there is no way to prove that they exist.

While they pursue evidence and logic,
    they remain open to the fact that we don't always have the means (technology or mathematical equations) with which to
    imagine or pose the necessary questions, to frame experiments, gather data or compute the results.
    For this reason, what we know now is continually being modified and added to.

There are also times when I'm too hasty - I don't think deeply, broadly or carefully enough. I fall into logical fallacies without realising it.
    I may mistake a meaning when something is ambiguous - seeing one meaning and missing the others.
    And there are infinite areas in which I don't know what I don't know - and therefore don't think to look there. This post was edited by inky at December 14, 2018 9:20 AM MST
      December 9, 2018 5:35 PM MST

• My face is beginning to make be think I may not live to be 100.
      December 9, 2018 5:55 PM MST

all of thenn
      December 9, 2018 7:34 PM MST

The perfect sandwich for me exists out there somewhere, it MUST be made by a beautiful, sexy woman who is utterly head-over-heels attracted to me and will not be happy in life until she beds me.

Okay, nearly-perfect. 

~
      December 9, 2018 8:04 PM MST

I am always right. Get used to it. Even when I'm wrong I'm more right than wrong.
      December 10, 2018 2:08 PM MST

Good question JA, self reflection is good for one's humility, this type is even humbler!! My belief that is most likely to be erroneous is: that we are not alone in this universe. Idk if I would claim this as MY belief however, it is the common belief among believers. Therefore, normally an independent thinker, I surrender what I might typically hold as MY belief for the collective belief among others with commonly held beliefs otherwise...That might not be coherent...

Ok, do over, I believe that I possess an energy field which affects computer processors...I get near them and they come to screeching halts...Cell phones, cash registers, LT's, PC's, cc readers, you name it... Oh, and btw I work with that shit ALL the time as an electronic service technician.....and I'm (really) color blind, so my belief that there ISN'T a WORSE profession for me is DEFINITELY erroneous!!!

...demolition/explosives technician would be WAY worse! (Cut the red wire.....NO the RED!!!...THAT'S the BROWN friggin' wire!!!!!!!!)...
      December 13, 2018 5:55 PM MST

That I know what my Christmas present is from one of my kids.
      December 13, 2018 7:11 PM MST

I keep reminding myself that that I might be wrong. I think that belief is most likely erroneous.
      December 14, 2018 7:12 AM MST

You duplicated the word "that".
    ~
      December 14, 2018 7:21 AM MST

Mebbe so, but the rest of it was PERFECT!
      December 14, 2018 5:21 PM MST