Active Now

Spunky
Stu Spelling Bee
Shuhak
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Music » I say Lauren Daigle sounds just like Adele ...."You Say". if she does or don't please....I'll agree or disagree later if I see fit. :)

I say Lauren Daigle sounds just like Adele ...."You Say". if she does or don't please....I'll agree or disagree later if I see fit. :)

:) 

Posted - December 15, 2018

Responses

I hear you and you make good points.

I still admit to letting this particular (You Say) song turn me off to her stuff -- to me, Weezer's recent "Africa" cover turned me off to them for the same type of reasons -- these artists seem to be, somewhere along the line, wanting to sound exactly like someone else. 
    On the other hand, who came first -- Adele or Daigle? I don't know.

I need to let it all go. Ha!

A bet Daigle and Adele don't really care about it, why should I?

And - - ha! - - I'm not even that big of an Adele fan. Though "Hello" is the song of hers I really like. Again, that Mormon parody video comes to my mind that I talked about to you somewhere numerous times to you, ha!

Boy, my mind is racing . . .  slow down there Welby

I enjoyed reading your answer, Twinkle Dink.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 8, 2019 9:29 AM MDT
      July 8, 2019 9:16 AM MDT

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with either of them.  I've only heard Adele's music in passing, I could not name a single title nor tune nor the lyrics.  I've never even heard of the other woman at all until I read your post. As for music, if it came out after December 31, 1989, I don't know much about it. 

Word!

~

July 7, 2019 9:20 PM MDT

This is a grand post! I smiled as I read along, and by the December 1989 line, with the image - - - I love it, with a broader smile.

I only know Daigle's one song. And I know of only Adele's hits I hear on the radio. I'm not a huge Adele fan. I especially like her "Hello, " though. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 8, 2019 9:39 PM MDT
      July 8, 2019 9:19 AM MDT

There is a thing called ytube where you can check out any music....,it's not a new thing and don't worry about miss Spell'ing fings as they wont chastise yew....   :)D 
      July 8, 2019 3:15 PM MDT

You may have misconstrued my post as an indication that I have a desire to be exposed any music that has been released after the 1980s. 

~
      July 8, 2019 9:42 PM MDT

Very bad grammar you seemed to have used in this post Mr Randy...I think you need two head'it it...:)
      July 9, 2019 12:47 AM MDT

Is this a blonde poll? 

I'll say she does.  
      July 9, 2019 12:50 AM MDT