Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » With the advent of smart phones, fewer people wear or even buy wristwatches. I never plan to let watches go, how about you?

With the advent of smart phones, fewer people wear or even buy wristwatches. I never plan to let watches go, how about you?

Posted - December 17, 2018

Responses

Allergic to nickel? More common than folks think. Mom had that problem.
      December 17, 2018 12:22 PM MST

i dont have a snnartphone so i still wear one
      December 17, 2018 3:38 PM MST

I love my analogue wristwatch.

Its band is made from turquoise stones set amid feathers of silver, the last one made by an eighty-year-old Navaho silversmith. Its ultrafine craftsmanship and beauty give me great joy.

December 17, 2018 5:40 PM MST

I will always wear a wristwatch for the accuracy of dispatching the timing of calls. 
      December 17, 2018 7:37 PM MST

I stopped wearing a watch 30 years ago.  I hate jewelry of any kind.  For years I carried a pocket watch in my purse.  Then I retired and don't care what time it is most of the time.  I still do a little work and have to be punctual on those days but I pretty much live on my own clock now.
      December 18, 2018 1:00 AM MST

I always wear a wristwatch, from dress to everyday.  My everyday is an Omega Seamaster, my dress Patek Phillepe with a few other ones thrown in.  I do not plan to give them up as they are a necessary tool.

Now there are two type of current day Pups out there, those that wear a watch and those who do not.  Those that do are considered promotable, those that don't are Techies for the most part.  I have seen this in any number of career verticals. It is funny when we have to go to the Coporate attorneys office I can tell which one of the newbies there will not be there in a year
      December 18, 2018 9:45 AM MST

• While I do use my watch at work (glancing at it is more convenient than taking my phone out), my watch is primarily a fashion statement.
      December 18, 2018 9:11 PM MST

I wear a watch. When umpiring, my phone is off, and I need to note the time frequently.- particularly when umpiring juniors, there are limits to the the amount of work a fast bowler is permitted to do. Breaks must be taken at the right time as well.
      December 19, 2018 12:07 AM MST

Watch. It's easy, convenient and almost instant.

My 'phone is not a so-called "smart" one, but still gives time & date; but I don't carry it around with me all the time everywhere I go; don't have it grafted onto my ear like the desperately-must-keep-in-touch types; and it's turned off more than on!

Incidentally, I wonder how many "smart" 'phones are stolen from, lost from or broken by, all those "daft ha'porths" as our Mam would have called them for it, who walk around everywhere with the thing almost falling out of a trousers back pocket? (Mine lives buttoned up in a secure pocket except when I need use it - or is simply left 'Off' and at home.) 
      December 20, 2018 3:17 PM MST

OMG no way will I give up my many watches!!  I LOVE'em......the phone's ok but who the heck wants to turn their phone on just to see the time?
    I have way too many watches and love'em all!!!!

watchguy to the end!!!!!

LOL

:-D

:)
      July 1, 2019 8:36 AM MDT