Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What's the naughtiest thing you did as a kid?

What's the naughtiest thing you did as a kid?

I tried to steal an electric toy boat from the drugstore and got caught.  The manager didn't call my parents!  What a break.

Posted - December 27, 2018

Responses

I stole chemicals from the pharmacy I worked at and made hydrogen balloons with condoms I stole.
      December 27, 2018 9:21 PM MST

I tried to do that with hydrochloric acid and zinc filings but could never produce enough hydrogen to fill a balloon. It was kinda fun to ignite the balloon with a match.
    I heard you could make nitroglycerin mixing nitric acid and glycerin -I tried doing that just mixing a few drops of each in a metal lid. I thought the house was going to blow up when it srarted fizzing and smoking but it was just the acid reacting with the metal of the lid.
      December 28, 2018 1:43 AM MST

It's not that hard to do I'm told....my graents told me of a fifteen year old boy that made five gallons of the stuff 50-60 years ago...he use to take smallbottles of the stuff to ballast pits where they use to quarry sand and shingle .....he would then throw them in and blow areas up....
    when caught and was taken back to his shed......the police were horrified and had to avacuate so many entire street around his home so they could dispose of it safely ...

There was a quite famous munitions area /factory where they made the Lee Enfield rifle and Bren Guns....there made explosive and weapons there for hundreds of years....The government sold of the land and a huge housing estate was built on it.....
    The clay capped the land with three feet of clay....no house owner are allowed to dig there as no one knows what's still under ground there.....The site is huge and covers a square mile at least....
    Its still littered with underground tunnels and buried rooms that no records exist for....
    when constructing the new homes....many JCB diggers and earth movers  bust through and fell into giant old working areas....:( 
      December 28, 2018 3:47 AM MST

Interesting. 
      December 28, 2018 7:05 AM MST

Developers over the last 30/40 years have built on all sorts of contaminated industral works all over London and the rest of England.... 
    They should never have been allowed to build homes on any of them...Local government will do anything for money though and allowed aby type of land to be sold off to devolopers and them withheld the information to the new home owners that the land their new homes were built in was highly contaminated...
    Homes in central London were built near old chromium works.....in the basements Mercury was leaching through the walls leaving a growing whitish crustations on the walls dropping off toxic dust...
    Another site in the north side of the Thanes river was built in an old gas works... 
    The ground there was highly toxic and then once it cane out ....the new home owners could no longer sell thier homes ....:(
      December 28, 2018 7:19 AM MST

Pretty bad.
      December 28, 2018 7:49 AM MST

For hydrogen, put small pieces of aluminium in a lye solution in a glass beer bottle, then place the balloon ove the lip of the bottle.
    For nitroglycerin, you need to add some strong sulfuric acid to dedydrate it. You'll like this. (Yes...that's me.)

December 28, 2018 7:55 AM MST

Pretty good. I might try making hydrogen by that method but probably  not nitroglycerin.
      December 28, 2018 8:01 AM MST

Good idea.
      December 28, 2018 8:02 AM MST

Ammonium iodide is easier. Or superphosphate fertilizer and diesel (that's the method Timothy McVeigh used in Oklahoma). Or pool chlorine and brake fluid. Or acetylene and soapy water. Explosives are easy to produce.
      December 30, 2018 4:16 AM MST

I bet those Condoms were expensive then.....What ever way you look at it ,its seems to me that they go up with INFLATION....:)    
    If you sold them on....I do hope you never Stiffed any one   :( 
      December 28, 2018 3:52 AM MST

Doing a bit of snooping I found out my dad had been ordering his condoms through the mail.  I noted the address then got my supplies on order and selling to guys in high school. We lived in a rural area so I would always go pick up the mail whenever I was expecting an order but I did eventually get caught anyway and was instructed to STOP DOING THAT!
    That was around 1960.  This post was edited by Kittigate at December 28, 2018 7:55 AM MST
      December 27, 2018 10:11 PM MST

How young a kid? In high school I used to build cat's cradles of wire, plug them in and short the school out. They never did figure out why that particular power outlet kept "malfunctioning".
      December 28, 2018 2:34 AM MST

Very cool.
      December 28, 2018 7:56 AM MST

I sort of stole a car and ran away from home.

My boyfriend and I were both in bad abusive homes. I think I was 12 or 13 or so. We made a pact to run away together; go someplace where we thought we'd be safe. The goal was to make it to his brother's house. He was in the military and was stationed in California. We were in Phoenix. He was a year older than me, but was short and obviously didn't have a license, but he knew how to drive. So, he took his parent's car and we stacked phone books on the seat to make him look taller. The first time, we made it to Yuma before we got pulled over. I spent the night in a juvenile detention center. That was a fun one because I had run away from my father's home, but contacted my estranged mother to pick me up. My father and my boyfriend's parents obviously connected because we disappeared together, so when my father didn't get a call to come get me and the other parents did, he called the facility. I was close enough to the front desk that I could hear the conversation from my cell. He was absolutely livid and I was incredibly grateful my mother was going to arrive before him. (Wait... I just said cell. That means incarceration. I totally just scored a perfect 10 on the ACE chart and didn't even realize it. Go me!)

We gave it a go a month or so later again, but that time we made it to the base in Cali. I still look at that with some wonder. It was a little over six hours on the road and we were kids. We were stopped at the state border and allowed to continue on. We were stopped by MPs at the entry to the base and were allowed to continue on. Alas, my boyfriend's sister-in-law turned us in upon our arrival and the MPs came and picked us up. I spent the night hanging out in an office somewhere, waiting for my mother to drive out and pick me up. My mother told me if I ran away again, she'd send me back to my father or leave me there. I didn't try it again. 
      December 28, 2018 3:44 AM MST

Besides cutting school classes, staying out all night, hanging out with tough town boys, doing all manner of drugs, and sassing my parents, I ran away from home after I turned 17 and became a hippie in San Francisco. 
      December 28, 2018 5:21 AM MST

in Catholic High School
    I was stupid
    got talked into relieving
    the book store of some of
    it's money...
    Obviously we got caught.
    Our excuse? hey, everyone was doing it.
         Punishment?
    Ten swats on each palm of my hands,
    with a razor strap. I couldn't use the hands for days...
         Yeah I learned my lesson.
      December 28, 2018 7:02 AM MST

never did anything like that, i knew better
      December 28, 2018 10:31 AM MST

Before high school, I cussed like a sailor and smoked. 
    In high school, I drank a lot. 

I do none of those things now.
      December 28, 2018 2:18 PM MST