Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Would you survive the mudslinging if you were to run for high political office?

Would you survive the mudslinging if you were to run for high political office?

Not me.  No way.

Posted - February 1, 2019

Responses

Me, neither.

If I slung, I'd probably then apologize. And then apologize for everyone else's slinging. And then . . .

No, that was before -- now, I simply know that --

No political aspirations for me
      February 1, 2019 5:43 PM MST

• Nope, I get my feelings hurt if someone says they don’t like my shoes, cos shoes. 
      February 1, 2019 5:47 PM MST

not my style
    so not to worry
      February 1, 2019 5:54 PM MST

It’s not so much mudslinging, but the intrusion into one’s privacy that is more daunting about holding public office. I have no appetite for it. 
      February 1, 2019 8:08 PM MST

They'll look into this tilde thing and twist it beyond all recognition just to make me out to be some kind of weirdo, right?  Ain't nobody got no time for that!

~
      February 1, 2019 10:42 PM MST

Probably not.  There are very few people who can survive the deep dive that's done when you're running for public office.  I can say in all truth no one will find nude photos of me (unless they were photo chopped), nothing with blackface, Nazi or KKK inferences.  
      February 2, 2019 9:52 AM MST

(photo-shopped)
      February 2, 2019 6:16 PM MST

No, chopped - they would have had to chop off my head to put it onto the body of another woman. :)
      February 2, 2019 9:29 PM MST

• No skeletons in my closet that I know of. lol  Maybe digging into my geneology might unearth some scandals of generations past. I would hate the close scrutiny of running for office.  Like being under a magnifiying glass!
      February 2, 2019 9:35 PM MST

No. That's one of the things that caught me most off guard about running this site. I went from being unknown and obscure to having strangers badmouthing me and attacking my character. It really bothered me at first, particularly because I've always made a point of treating everyone with respect. I had to isolate myself from it. I don't go look and, when people send me links, I usually ask them not to. I don't want to know. I can't imagine dealing with that on a large scale. 
      February 3, 2019 4:35 PM MST

Didn't you also have strangers speaking well of you and praising you? 

[Anticipated reply: "Yes, but . . . "]

February 3, 2019 5:00 PM MST

lol Very close on your anticipated reply. 

Yes, AND that's why I stay over here and focus on the good. There are so many absolutely wonderful people here and I feel incredibly lucky to be surrounded by them. It feels good when I know that I've been involved in something that has meaning to someone else too. 

This question pertained to the mud-slinging aspect, which is why I replied the way I did. I don't want it to sound like I'm not grateful for the good people and the kindness I've seen. I am. That's what fills my cup up when I'm felling low and why I stay here and focus on the positive things happening instead of the garbage of the outside world. Muggers are truly amazing people.

February 4, 2019 9:58 AM MST

• there is no mud to sling 

there is nothing anyone could say to me that i haven't already thought about myself 
      February 3, 2019 4:37 PM MST

• No.  I am too scrappy, too much of a fighter, and would want to give it right back because that's how I roll.  That attitude would not fly in a political position...actually, the way it is currently, it would fly.  I stand corrected.
      February 3, 2019 4:38 PM MST

Yes....I live in England and no one can chuck mud that far ...:) 
      February 3, 2019 4:50 PM MST

Wait, you mean to say they've FINALLY taken my advice and created the cabinet office of Arbitrartor of Sandwich Snacks?  I can announce my candidacy, folks!  I'm going to be the A. S. S.!

(Hey, wait a second . . . )  Doh!

February 3, 2019 5:09 PM MST

Yes I would survive it.  Just people saying publicly the things they already think or say about me privately.  But why would I want that?  Best leave politics to those who love that kind of thing. 
      February 5, 2019 10:59 AM MST