Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » Most of us have heard of Robin Williams, but much less of us have heard of Robbie Williams. Have you heard of him? Here, have a hear...

Most of us have heard of Robin Williams, but much less of us have heard of Robbie Williams. Have you heard of him? Here, have a hear...

Posted - February 26, 2019

Responses

He's known more for songs like Angels and Feel, don't hear from him much anymore he was a member of Take That.

His music wasn't really my cup of tea. 
      February 26, 2019 4:10 PM MST

Wasn't he the man in the movie about BillyJoe McCallister jumping off the Tallahassee bridge?
      February 26, 2019 4:45 PM MST

Not that i know of..
      February 28, 2019 8:24 PM MST

I was going to say that he looks a bit like a young Robby Benson! 
      February 28, 2019 9:24 PM MST

And Robbie Benson was the actor in that movie, yup.
    :)
      April 13, 2019 5:38 PM MDT

Yes...I heard of him.....My friend went to see him in concert and he delighted in spitting over the people standing next to the stage....
    He also paid the Pennyless Irish guy composer who wrote Angles a measly £ 600 for the song he wrote...He befriended him to steal the music he composed....

The guy is a dirty disgusting creep...

February 26, 2019 5:56 PM MST

February 27, 2019 10:41 AM MST

I watched a documentary on tv  about him and what he did......it didn't come across that he was a decent guy....He must have made millions from that record ...he could have given him thousands more :( 
      February 27, 2019 12:49 PM MST

He battled with drugs and mental illness when he left take that, I think he was a fan of Oasis at the time and was trying to imitate them, I should imagine his management make most of his decisions (as all managers do). He once earned £1 million to sing for one hour to 300 guests at a birthday party, and donated all the money to charity, he supports UNICEF, he established his own charity, Give It Sum, in 2000 to help young people in the area he grew up – Stoke-on-Trent. Personally, I find he can be a bit of a dick and most of his music is not to my taste.

This post was edited by kjames at April 13, 2019 5:39 PM MDT
      February 28, 2019 2:23 PM MST

No one forced him to get off his cake doing stuff up his nose and god knows what else....
    I don't feel any sympathy for anyone that say they are addicted to Drugs , Drink or Cigarettes   ...
    Now we have glue and gas sniffers...Every one is self inflicted and you can't tel me in this day and age that no one knows the risk of taking such things...:( 
      February 28, 2019 9:03 PM MST

Many managers in the entertainment industry don't mind them putting a bit of stuff up their nose, even encourage it at the after parties,  it then makes them dependent on them and they can book more concert dates and make money, so many songs have been sung about brown sugar, angel dust, and coke.  Robbie Williams joined Take That when he was 15, he was a kid, a very unworldly kid, youngest in the band.  Their manager was gay, this is their first video...

"Do what you like," ever reminiscence of Aleister Crowleys  "Do What You Wilt," the man who influenced the Beatles and many other artists.  This was the tame version, they did have them with their naked butts out in the uncut version, but it was pulled.

He has battled with addiction which is classed as a disease, and depression for which he takes medication. 
    Having worked alongside addicts and alcoholics rarely is their problem alcohol or drugs, that is what they turn to.  I have met adults that were abused as kids, ended up falling into a peer group that has been involved in drugs and have used them to push down the horrendous feelings of their supposed caregivers abusing their trust, and making them do things that are unthinkable, I can't not have empathy for those people, and think its a matter of circumstance and the parents that I was born to that means that for the grace of God go I, I haven't had to suffer that.

https://www.contactmusic.net/robbie-williams/news/robbie-williams-take-that-pals-worry-about-him_6040661

https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/28/disease-head-trying-kill-robbie-williams-opens-mental-health-battle-7347900/

https://www.morningsiderecovery.com/addiction-blog/what-the-music-industry-can-teach-you-about-drugs/
      March 1, 2019 10:57 AM MST

There is much truth in what you say...I'm in no way religious and know of no other way of saying what said...." But for the grace of God go I " 
    We have no control over how we are born....and little choice as to how we are raised during our formative year.........it's really al pot luck how we turn out.....:(
      March 1, 2019 12:25 PM MST

Enjoy the rest of your day :)
      March 1, 2019 12:30 PM MST

U2....:)
      March 1, 2019 12:34 PM MST

• This brings me back to a drunken karaoke night many years ago where I thought I'd sound amazing on Angels, haha.  Liquid courage more times than not is liquid stupidity. 
      February 27, 2019 6:50 AM MST

If you are talking about the guy from The Band, of course I have.  He is just great.
      February 27, 2019 12:53 PM MST

No.  When I started the video I thought he was a comedian.  I kept waiting for the jokes.  He seemed to be quite an entertainer and vocals.....oh yeah!
      February 27, 2019 7:01 PM MST

Imagine my horror when I heard my daughter, then aged 11, blithely carolling along to his Rock DJ ...

"I've got the d**k, gonna stick it in the girl ..."
      February 28, 2019 9:21 PM MST

( . . . much less of us fewer of us . . . )
      February 28, 2019 9:26 PM MST

Thanks for showing us why Robin Williams was much better known. Beyond the name similarity, how are the two even comparable?
      March 1, 2019 12:44 PM MST

I enjoy Robbie MUCH more than Robin
      March 13, 2019 9:02 PM MDT

Robbie Williams has been well known since the 1990s. He's a bit of a dick but he's done the occasional good song.

April 14, 2019 6:28 AM MDT