Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Suppose you had brain surgery and the doc accidentally hooked your right brain to your left arm and vice versa. Could you adapt?

Suppose you had brain surgery and the doc accidentally hooked your right brain to your left arm and vice versa. Could you adapt?

You might forget maybe and with the intention of putting your right arm around your S/O your left arm activates instead and gives a hug to some unknown person on your left...

Would you want to risk another brain surgery to correct the error? 

Posted - February 28, 2019

Responses

You actually see everything upside down from birth....,it's your brain that turns things up the right way...
    You can buy glasses that turns your vision upside down.....with in a very short time your brain will adapt to what you see and alter it to the right way.....
    I would think you would adapt.....

Euroupe and America drive on the wrong side of the road and I think that's why your/they have millions of more vechile crashes then the English do ....
    Case proven I would say....  

I find it most annoying that I can't rest my right arm out of the window as I drive too.....  
    Im right hander mostly like the majority of people around the world and it's the correct way to give anyone that upsets the finger.....
    You Reallyneed to remind your car manafactures about that.....
    Its a good job I was born amberdextrios...:( 
      February 28, 2019 1:39 AM MST

I DID have multiple brain surgeries (1957) and came out OK. The main surgeon was amazed how I turned out with no physical disabilities.  However, I can't do math beyond about 6th grade at best. (thank God for calculators)  
      February 28, 2019 6:28 AM MST

Randy D's checklist:
    1.  Sandwich-eating can be done with one hand, both hands, either hand.
    2.  Tilde-counting is now automated and voice-activated.

I'm good.
    ~
      February 28, 2019 6:33 AM MST

Guess what.....

https://www.reference.com/science/right-side-brain-control-f5faeb568a13ed92 This post was edited by Thriftymaid at October 24, 2019 11:48 AM MDT
      February 28, 2019 6:41 PM MST

Seems like a funny way to design humans.

But for the sake of the question ya know what I mean.  This post was edited by Kittigate at March 1, 2019 3:25 PM MST
      February 28, 2019 10:37 PM MST

I only know what you said.....and accept that we all often do not say what we mean.
      March 1, 2019 3:25 PM MST

I don't think it works like that.
      February 28, 2019 6:56 PM MST

That's the way you're supposed to be wired anyhow.
      February 28, 2019 7:31 PM MST