Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Do women remember the day, date and time of their very first sexual experience better than men? Ask your partners and let us know.

Do women remember the day, date and time of their very first sexual experience better than men? Ask your partners and let us know.

That first experience need not have been with you, and most likely wasn't.

My question was inspired by the following circumstance. My wife and I had just watched the old musical Gigi, which featured the Maurice Chevalier song, "I remember it well". She asked me if I remembered my very first "girlfriend", and then if I remembered the particulars of my very first "time" with her. It turned out that, yes, I remembered them well.  It was the first Sunday of September 1969, just after I had turned 20, and the time was about 7.00 pm. I was a student in London. I cannot recall the date, though, but that can be easily looked up on the net. I also remember her name, which I shan't disclose here, and age, which was 23. 

Posted - March 28, 2019

Responses

How old are you to care about this stuff?

I cannot remember my last sexual encounter much less my first.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      March 28, 2019 2:07 PM MDT

• OH!  I DO, I DO, I DO!  LOL!
    I remember mine.
    I care.
    NO ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's!
      March 28, 2019 2:11 PM MDT

That's because you are not 100 years old.  I remembered too when I was a young 'un.
      March 28, 2019 2:13 PM MDT

• My question was inspired by the following circumstance. My wife and I had just watched the old musical Gigi, which featured the Maurice Chevalier song, "I remember it well". She asked me if I remembered my very first "girlfriend", and then if I remembered the particulars of my very first "time" with her. It turned out that, yes, I well remembered them.  It was the first Sunday of September 1969, just after I had turned 20, and the time was about 7.00 pm. I was a student in London. I cannot recall the date, though, but that can be easily looked up on the net. I also remember her name, which I shan't disclose here, and age, which was 23. 

How old am I to "care about this stuff"? I'm 69, and  reminiscing and living in the past is what I often find myself doing.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 29, 2019 6:16 AM MDT
      March 28, 2019 5:47 PM MDT

I adore your response. Very lovely.
      March 28, 2019 8:12 PM MDT

• Thank you. 
      March 28, 2019 11:42 PM MDT

I remember very distinctly although I don't care to expound. I don't know about my husband though as he is very private and I won't press him. In times of reminiscing, we've both disclosed our ages when we had our first but the details are kept. 
      March 28, 2019 8:18 PM MDT

• Fair enough. 
      March 28, 2019 11:43 PM MDT

Wednesday 5 October 1988. Evening. I proposed marriage, she answered by stripping.
      March 28, 2019 9:00 PM MDT

• Nice answer - hers to you  I mean. 
      March 28, 2019 11:45 PM MDT

Not sure about the wisdom of going over former sexual relationships with our partners.  Unless both of you are into that kind of thing.  Have been some individuals who were very aroused by such details as I gave them.  Never talked about that with my husband and not sure I care to do that.  But why not?  I will ask him.  Mine was November 1973 but would have to look at a calendar to figure out the day. Which I will do when I have the opportunity.

November 9, 1973.   I think.  Evening - 9:30 P.M.

I worked with my husband on it and we narrowed it down to the winter of 1979.  This post was edited by officegirl at March 30, 2019 6:48 PM MDT
      March 29, 2019 4:50 AM MDT

My wife was a virgin when we got married. I do not remember the date nor the time of my first encounter, I was 19 years old and my girlfriend at the time was either 18 or 19 years old. Her birthday fell on the first week of December, and I can’t remember if we did the deed just prior to her birthday or just following it.

~
      March 29, 2019 6:27 AM MDT

• If you were her first, I'm sure she would remember all the details.
      March 29, 2019 10:02 AM MDT

Even though that girlfriend had me believe that it was also her first time, I found out much, much later that it was not true.

~
      March 30, 2019 6:42 AM MDT

• Which is what I have said in my footnote. 
      March 30, 2019 7:52 AM MDT

I remember the month and the year, and of course the chap and how I felt about it, he was also my first relationship which lasted three and a half years. My now partner also remembers his, so no it isn't just women who remember, but maybe we just talk about it more when reminiscing with other women. This post was edited by kjames at March 30, 2019 6:44 PM MDT
      March 29, 2019 3:37 PM MDT

depends on the person
      March 31, 2019 5:49 PM MDT