Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Is love the loudest voice you hear from others? Is it the voice you choose to speak with? Do you know it's language?

Is love the loudest voice you hear from others? Is it the voice you choose to speak with? Do you know it's language?

Posted - June 29, 2019

Responses

• Sometimes I hear moaning and screaming next door - But I think they're just friends.
      June 29, 2019 12:16 PM MDT

The Divine always comes in a humble package.  It never has to announce itself by shouting.

Smell the rose.  

It is only in the depths of silence that the voice of God can be heard.

(said about Sai Baba)
      June 29, 2019 12:20 PM MDT

• Very nice.  Very nice indeed.  That still small voice.
      June 29, 2019 1:08 PM MDT

oooh that moves my heart
    moves my Soul...
      June 29, 2019 5:52 PM MDT

I really aim as a goal to be loving and caring to everyone.
    I seem somehow to mess it up, though, because, in my attempts to love, I admit that sometimes I still choose to go down the anxious path in my head -- second-guessing myself, self-berating, worrying about what I did or did not do/say/ etc.
    I know I would not want to hurt anyone.
      June 29, 2019 12:32 PM MDT

• Your worry seems to be, not for yourself, but for how you may effect others.  That is compassion and kindness, Welby.  And if extreme kindness and concern for others feelings is a flaw, then you have it in spades.  Trust yourself and be sure of what we already know...You're the best.  
      June 29, 2019 1:13 PM MDT

Hey, thanks.

I read your words and sort of bowed my head down.

Yeah, there is truth in what you said -- often, when I get uptight, it seems to be a combo of not wanting to hurt anyone and/or fear someone may be mad at me.
    :)

Anyway, the image here is, in a good way, an attempt to give a visualization of how your kind comment affected me -- in a good way.
    :)
    Thanks.

Image result for head bowed down

June 29, 2019 6:22 PM MDT

Yes, I think it is, most of the time -
    because the voices around me include my husband, my friends who love me
    and acquaintances and strangers who are good willed.

I aim to speak with love and truth.
    I don't think of love as all sugar.
    Rather, I think of it as that which enhances the thriving of life and well-being - both physically and emotionally.
    There are times when an unwelcome truth needs to be spoken for the sake of resolving a misunderstanding or improving the quality of a relationship.
    Love's language tells the truth without abuse.
    It owns one's own observations, feelings and needs without criticism, blame or judgement of the other.
    It makes its requests constructively, creatively, ready to negotiate or find a plan B.

Love contains respect, trust, goodwill, empathy and the desire to be generous and to enhance the life of the other.
    Love is patient, understanding and compassionate.
    Love finds joy and often bliss in the companionship of the belovéd.
      June 29, 2019 1:31 PM MDT

Nice
      June 29, 2019 6:00 PM MDT

(it’s its language)
      June 29, 2019 1:43 PM MDT

• OMG!  I did it again.  You know I've told you before, that one always gets me.  UGH!
      June 29, 2019 1:52 PM MDT

• Oh, show some love you smuck. 
    Smuk
    Schmuck.
      June 29, 2019 1:52 PM MDT

Love is the most unique language in the worldand it needs no words to comunicate it's true feelings...  :)
      June 29, 2019 4:15 PM MDT

(it's its true feelings)
      June 29, 2019 4:23 PM MDT

Ill fank yew too leaf mi it's a lone.  :( 
      June 29, 2019 4:28 PM MDT

Yes 
    and it's the voice i hear from within
    and the voice I see and hear from Mother Earth
    and all around... it's the essence of life. This post was edited by Baba at July 1, 2019 1:13 PM MDT
      June 29, 2019 5:50 PM MDT