Discussion » Questions » Politics » With the impeachment fiasco over and Trump's popularity at its peak, are the usual suspects going to take a flying leap off some bridge?

With the impeachment fiasco over and Trump's popularity at its peak, are the usual suspects going to take a flying leap off some bridge?

Posted - February 5, 2020

Responses

Why is it that some people merely threaten to pack up and leave the country permanently when some politically-related action takes place, instead of actually carrying it out?  The airlines should be overwhelmed with droves of one-way ticketed passengers on their international flights by now!  Live up to your word, people!
    ~
      February 6, 2020 5:55 AM MST

:)
      February 6, 2020 10:15 AM MST

No, I am not going to jump off any bridge. 
    And I still can't stand the current president.
      February 6, 2020 6:16 AM MST

Neither can I. Thankfully we get to get to enjoy the economic recovery Obama set in motion after the disaster created by last republican administration. This post was edited by Jon at February 6, 2020 7:34 PM MST
      February 6, 2020 6:56 AM MST

Yup.
    And not only that, I admit that I simply find his behavior, communication style, never-ending name-calling, never-ending tweeting, etc. -- I find so much of it inexcusable and unprofessional for a person in his position. That's my main difficulty with him. I believe that everyone, deep down, probably knows we'd all get fired from our jobs if we behaved the way he has  -- the childish name-calling and extreme defensiveness alone.

Whatever. It is what it is. 

Hey, about that bridge jumping --  maybe Guy Pearce might come over. He and I could hold hands, jump off that bridge together, into a scenic river, do a little swimming, hang out by the riverside. sounds good. Ha! :)

Image result for guy pearce This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 6, 2020 7:33 PM MST
      February 6, 2020 7:33 AM MST

Hah! 

You and guy would be a cute couple, Welby.

February 6, 2020 7:43 AM MST

I agree.

I'm pretty confident Guy would agree, too.
    ;)
      February 6, 2020 8:49 AM MST

Hours and hours later and I finally officially "liked" your reply to me! How'd that slip by me? Must have been some Guy getting in my way.
      February 6, 2020 8:29 PM MST

Popularity peak among Republicans. Not among the majority of the US. Basing our opinions on polls is hilarious since heir Trump himself said they can't be trusted. This post was edited by Jon at February 6, 2020 7:34 PM MST
      February 6, 2020 6:52 AM MST

The will to live is stronger than that.

And living in one's familiar environment is most people's preference. It takes literally life-threatening danger, torture or starvation to force most people into emigration. 

Though we might protest and campaign as vigorously as possible,
    most of us will accept the rule of democracy and endure the climate until the tide turns.
    Then it becomes the other side's turn to become stoics or campaigners.
      February 6, 2020 7:38 PM MST