Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Thebigd
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Intentionally or not, many people eventually end up emulating their parents' behaviors;

Intentionally or not, many people eventually end up emulating their parents' behaviors;

what are some ways many people end up emulating their children's behaviors, either intentionally or unintentionally?

~

Posted - February 6, 2020

Responses

My dad huge as he is has always acted the fool around all his kids and is now doing the same with his grand kids....If he sits on the floor ,there is always a mountain of kids on him at family get to gethere or when ever they visits our parents home.....
    If he sits in a chair ,there is always a kid sitting on him which in my opinion is grossly unfair as there is no room for me any more....:( 
      February 7, 2020 3:30 AM MST

OK whiny...you can sit on my lap.
      February 7, 2020 9:34 AM MST

That's handy and Ill hope your not...lol
      February 8, 2020 4:27 AM MST

I have not emulated my parent’s behaviors at all. I am so very different in how I carry myself and down to every preference I have. 

But to answer your original question: 

I believe that a kid’s temperament can rub off on the parents. A kid that screams a lot eventually creates a parent that screams. 
      February 7, 2020 4:22 AM MST

How true is that... 
      February 8, 2020 4:28 AM MST

• I have to agree with Lady Ondine.  Parents with difficult kids might change how they deal with problems if they feel defeated.  Conversely, if they have kids who act much better or even smarter than they do, might actually learn some new positive behaviors.
      February 7, 2020 8:18 AM MST

throwing temper tantrums - many adults have never grown out of it
      February 8, 2020 5:36 AM MST